Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Last Man Posting

#14131 Post by Bellhead »

I have a relative born in '03. He's applying for college. Time moves WAY too fast sometimes.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#14132 Post by Technic[Bot] »

03? Like 1903? Wow just wow.

My boss says he wrote his undergrad thesis, we do those here, in WordStart. He is probably immune to the xkcd comic. He is well aware of his age, he simply does not like it. He probably also has seen that xkcd comic before, he has a Masters degree in computer science and is a hardcore Star Wars fan, he is a geek through and through despite being that old.

By the way in a couple of years we will get our first intern born after 2000 in my job. At that point everyone born the past millennium will fell old.

As I approach my thirties I am slowly becoming the eponymous "old man yelling at cloud" I can't shake this feeling of being really old...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#14133 Post by Kellard »

I swear a decade doesn't even feel as long as it sounds. Sometimes I'll play something like New Vegas thinking that the game is only a couple of years old because it came out in 2010, but then I remember that it's been 10 years since its release so the game is half my age.

At least I won't be turning 30 until the next decade.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14134 Post by Bellhead »

At least you'll never forget your age. Half the time people ask me, I have to do math. Like, "what year is it again..?"

These days, I just answer with "Old enough to know better, and too young to care." It's valid anywhere from 10 to.. 60-something, I think. After that, I'll just say "I'm old" and forget the rest.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14135 Post by Technic[Bot] »

By the time Mr kellard becomes 30 I will be a middle aged man :S
Well at least I hope that the comic is close to finishing at that time ..

I usually forgot what year it is but I hardly forget my age. I think the older the get the more acutely aware you become of that.
To a certain point I think after 50-40 years you genuinely stop caring and start forgetting your exact age.

On a tangential note I decided to watch some anime for the first time in like a decade. For nostalgia I decided to watch the Spanish dub. Not as good as usual but that is beside the point. For. Some reason I decided to look the voice actors online. All but one are younger than me and I couldn't recognize anyone. I am not that into dubbing so that was expected but when I realized I did not even recognized half the shows they had worked in. Well that made me feel a bit old. And out of touch with the younglings
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14136 Post by Bellhead »

I've watched quite a bit, since I couldn't really go out.

To date, there have been very few that I've really fallen for. Appare-Ranman, for the engineering aspect, and Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai, because I love deadpan humor and the main characters did that SOO well. Only issue is, I haven't found hardly any with that type of character played like that. I suppose I need to keep looking.. I mean, I kinda liked Classroom Of The Elite, but the male lead wasn't quite deadpan, just... dead. completely emotionless, not just a lack of outward expression. It's off-putting, to have a character that close to being a straight-up robot.

Unrelated note, I distracted my shop foreman with carpentry and design long enough for several people to walk up behind us with more work. I was proud of that.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14137 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I did not go out much before the lock-down, and yet I did not have a Netflix account last month. The pandemic is what finally drove me to make one.

Regarding anime I lost interest in it in high school not entirely sure why, I was kinda of proud of being the only geeky guy who was not into anime. However I have liked video games all my life and for the most part they are adjacent, in some way or another, to anime. So despite not seeing any, I was somewhat aware of what was "The good stuff". In any case do Netflix anime originals count as anime? Serious question
On that note i do hope to see Appare-Ranman in some point in the future, looks interesting enough.

Is your foreman hard to distract?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14138 Post by Bellhead »

For as long as I did? Yes he is. Wasn't really trying, but it's still a thing that doesn't happen often.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#14139 Post by Neutral Smith »

phpBB [video]
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#14140 Post by Kellard »

September of 2019 feels like yesterday. What the hell happened?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14141 Post by Technic[Bot] »

It feels like last year to me :P

But in all seriousness I do remember back in school summers and otherwise long vacations always felt like they are just a single moment
Quoting ff vii, for lack of anything better: Time compression. Since we all been stuck home it feels like these past 6 months are all a single moment
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14142 Post by Bellhead »

Now I feel like a jerk. I've been stuck at work for 55+ hours a week pretty much throughout this whole pandemic. September of last year feels like several years ago, with everything 2020 has thrown at us...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14143 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Why a jerk?

Work does help though. When I was at college I my schedule help me keep track of time, by counting weekends and classes. Now I use the several meetings I have in the week to keep track of time.
"Oh today I have a meeting with Peter. It must be Thursday"

However if all days are exactly like the rest It would be very hard to perceive the passage of time.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14144 Post by Bellhead »

Precisely. And I'm a jerk for complaining about work when so many people don't have a job in the first place.

Side note, woke up at 4:45 to get ready for work, just to find out that the water heater pilot went out yesterday. Not happy.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14145 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Well it is true a lot of people are out of job these days but I don't think you were being a jerk for talking about your job.
Had you been bragging about your cozy work from home job and how they can't fire your. Well that would be different.

Nothig like a cold gelid shower in the morning to get pneumonia the blood flowing and get the energy for the day.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide