Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Last Man Posting

#13636 Post by Bellhead »

I held the thread for 4 whole days... new personal best...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#13637 Post by Kellard »

Still bored

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13638 Post by Bellhead »

Novel up to 5860 words. Boredom level increased. Debating as to whether or not to post it here...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: "Madness" Madelyn

#13639 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

You're writing a novel? or reading one? or did something just fly over my head? either way, this interests me.
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#13640 Post by Neutral Smith »

Lost count of words. Lost count of chapters. Far too busy to continue writing.

There is no lockdown in the Netherlands (only voluntary).

Current workdays are 6:15am - 5:15pm (normal is 7:30am - 4:00pm), and then it's eat, shower, sleep.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Kellard
Templar Master

#13641 Post by Kellard »

I've had just about nothing to do since college and gyms closed. Honestly speaking I am a lot less stressed now but I don't know if it's worth the boredom and feeling of uselessness.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13642 Post by Bellhead »

Lime, I'm writing one. Started it back in high school, when I first found Twokinds. Found it again recently, after idly browsing my old files. Rewrote the 3 paragraphs I had, and now I'm at almost 6000 words.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#13643 Post by Foxx Trotter »

BOOKS...

Videre videnda.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler

#13644 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

books? books.
also bellhead, I think I'm going to side with the part of you that wants to post the story here. Or just post a summary, for some reason I'm really curious. Maybe I'm also just bored, but I don't feel bored.
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13645 Post by Bellhead »

Fair enough. Boredom is as good a reason as any.

Basically, people randomly turn into anthros for unknown reasons, and drive cars to escape pursuit from government/racists/paranoid people. The cars are sentient, as determined by the level of connection between car and driver, strength of will determines strength of warrior. Story takes place a few years after the main characters change, and follows the path of the first Runner, as they're known.

Various other short stories I've written since have followed the same world from different perspectives, including vicious and sympathetic government, secret society, street and drag racing, and most recently, borderline supernatural.

Keep in mind I did come up with this idea about when I joined the forums, so... high school freshman with no friends and no sense of reality.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler

#13646 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

the car part actually explained a lot and made me realize how bad I am at connecting things

the part about the bond between the car and driver (IMO) actually seemed like a really good story element.

I can definitely see some 14yr old aspects though.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13647 Post by Bellhead »

Yeah... >.>

To be fair, that was how I made world building back then. Of course, it became less important as I went on. Slower story, deeper characterization, less childish elements... Had to rewrite almost everything I'd written back then. Still pretty clunky of a read, though.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#13648 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I have been working as usual. My company made everyone work from home so it is still 9 to 6 for me despite the country sanitary emergency.

When I was younger I also tried to write but turns out I am really bad at it. I have very little artistic talent. but to this day I wish I could write or draw...
also yes everyone writes a bit weird when we are teens
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler

#13649 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

I've only written for school projects where there are limitations and you have to watch what you write because it might forever change your classmates' impressions of you for better but usually for worst. I don't think I've ever written a story outside of school, If I did though it would probably be pretty mediocre, then again don't know till you try. Almost want to write one now... My hand is pretty shakey-mistakey and hurts after only 5 minutes of continuous writing but it's good enough to have the best handwriting out of all the guys. My art is heavily luck-based a.k.a. I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

Kellard
Templar Master

#13650 Post by Kellard »

Really wish schools never forced me to do [censored] like writing and drawing. You can't force someone to be creative. That only makes a person miserable, and I cannot stress how much I hated it. There is literally no reason to do it. If a child wants to draw he/she will draw, and if they really want to get good at it they'll develop the skills by themselves.