Who'd Fire First?

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Who'd Fire First?

#1 Post by Ketzal »

Okay, simple concept here: there are two people stuck somewhere. Where doesn't matter, It's just a room that they're stuck in, and they have almost no way of getting out. Regardless of their abilities, powers, influences, etc., they are stuck in there with each other.

There is one way to get out, however: each has a gun, and if they shoot and kill the other, they will be free.

So the question is: who'd fire first?

Rules are that just about anything humanoid goes, but powers and abilities don't factor in (for instance, if Superman is one of the people in the room, he can still be killed by getting shot). The whole point is to weigh each person's moral values and decide who's more likely to shoot in order to free themselves.

Answer the previous post with who and why, then offer your own pair. Also, try not to choose characters that are too vague, or at least give a reference link if you think they're not very well-known.

I'll start first: Luke Skywalker from Star Wars or Captain Kirk from Star Trek?

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Who'd Fire First?

#2 Post by DariusL »

Mr Shatner will shoot first. He doesn't like Star Wars because it's not real science fiction.

Keith and Natani.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#3 Post by Myperson54 »

Ouch, not real science fiction? I'll agree with the "science" part, but you and I need to have a talk about that. :(

Keith and Natani, let's see...

Keith has been shown to be a caring friend time and time again, even willing to kill himself to protect his allies, against not only his own people bu against his own body and mind. I can't see him shooting Natani under any circumstances.

Natani, on the other hand, is a killer, an assassin. This would normally make me think, "Oh, it's totally her," but remember, she also has complex emotional problems over Keith, and doesn't enjoy hurting her friends.

It's only due to Keith's absolute stubbornness that I would say Natani would shoot first, and very hesitantly. I could be wrong, but I say Natani.

Batman and Ozymandias (Comic version)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Zylver
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Zylver »

Definitely Batman...
Why?
Because he is the goddamn Batman! 8)

The Doctor vs. Sherlock, yo! :P

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#5 Post by jacobc62 »

Batman? I would've voted the other guy because Batman has a "don't use guns to kill" self-enforced rule....

Also, Sherlock shoots first because the Doctor doesn't like to use guns either.

Mike, or FemMike? (Yes, I'm talking 'bout :mike: here....)
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Ketzal »

I know I posted this in the 2K forum, but I didn't realize how quickly we'd be doing 2K characters O.o

I think male Mike. He wants nothing to do with the idea of being "femmified", and I bet would rather that version of himself die completely >_>

Captain America or Green Lantern?

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#7 Post by jacobc62 »

Master Chief.

Harry Potter or Merlin
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Zylver
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Zylver »

Merlin, because he doesn't have any restrictions for "banned magics" :P (couldn't come up with a better idea, sorry ^^')

Alien vs. Predator 8)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#9 Post by Twippit »

Predator. It's less a question of ethics and more a case of quickdraw -and Predator is the ultimate cowboy. Not to mention the Alien would have to figure out the gun in order to use it.

Percy Jackson or Artimis Fowl (Artimis at the end of the series)?
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#10 Post by Myperson54 »

At the very end of the series? After the Atlantis Complex and the eye-switching and memory loss business?

Definitely Fowl. Regardless of any non-crime vow I may or may not be correctly remembering, he's still Artemis Fowl, and he has access to a ton of jacked-up weaponry. Percy Jackson wouldn't stand a chance, no matter who his daddy is.

Also I doubt Percy would see Artemis coming for him.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Ketzal »

Myperson54 wrote:-not keeping it going snip-
psssst. Ya forgot to offer up a pair there!

How about Johnny Depp or Leonardo DiCaprio?

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#12 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Johnny Depp seeing as Leo would be to busy crying in the corner about not getting an Oscar :P.

The punisher or Dirty Harry.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#13 Post by Twippit »

MUDPUNISHER wrote:Johnny Depp seeing as Leo would be to busy crying in the corner about not getting an Oscar :P.
NEITHER OF THEM HAVE AN OSCAR /RAEGFAEZ
MUDPUNISHER wrote:The punisher or Dirty Harry.
The Punisher.

The fundamental difference is that Harry is a cop, while Punisher is, well, a punisher. Harry, as part of his job, is primarily a dog-catcher. He's not going to use leathal force unless he has to (or, at least, he won't use leathal force in a leathal manner). Punisher's entire schtick is to be an executioner, to take law and morality in his own hands and remove the scum from society. That is his job. So between the two, the one who is certain to shoot first, ask questions later; Punisher.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#14 Post by Myperson54 »

Fubar de Lizzy wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:-not keeping it going snip-
psssst. Ya forgot to offer up a pair there!

How about Johnny Depp or Leonardo DiCaprio?
//facepalm Sorry! To make up, I'll post where Twippit did the same :D

Robocop or Terminator?

Twippit
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Twippit »

Oh darn, I did that, didn't I? Damn! Well, again, this is another case of job description settling the issue: like I said, cops catch bad guys, that's their job. Terminator (lemme just repeat that name for you) TERMINATOR kills people, it TERMINATES them. That is its job. That is what a Terminator do. The. End. In fact the whole encounter would probably sound a lot like this: "HALT IN THE NAME OF TH-" BLAM "Yuh hef ben termuhnaeted." At which point the sexier robot (read:ahnold) would leave the building to go kill the next of the human resistance.

Also I'm assuming the inspiration for this pairup is screwattack's DEATHBATTLE which I watched not too long ago, and I'm gonna go on record to say that yeah, that was a load of crap.
Spoiler!
The thing that gets me is that as they stated, robocop is in constant danger of shutting down when faced wth someone of equal ability. Terminator (while perhaps physically not able withstand as much as Robocop) more than outmatches Robocop in speed and ability -as they stated, Terminator has all the experience of humanity's combined fighting techniques and weapon prowess as well as all the experience of previous models. This is /way/ /way/ more than anything robocop could keep up with. Terminator is Jackie Chan with guns. Robocop is... A tank with a pistol as its primary weapon. Robo's physical combat ability is incredibly lacking.
So as for my suggestion (yes, I'm really gonna do one this time!) I'll go with another deathbattle classic: Luke Skywalker VS Harry Potter!?