Corrupt a Wish

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Corrupt a Wish

#976 Post by Bellhead »

Granted. You will forever be known as the writer behind Catdog.

I wish I could still use a Nokia 3310.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#977 Post by Technic[Bot] »

You still can you know?
So granted but you have to stop using your modern and much more feature rich phone. Also the 3310 cost you a small fortune.

Since we are talking about vintage technology now:
I wish a commodore 64
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#978 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

(I presume you wish you had a Commodore 64 -- if not I'm about to look real stupid :mrgreen: )
Granted, but you have to use it for all of your work commitments -- slow speed and all.

I wish I could eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight or suffering any blows to my health
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#979 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:19 pm You still can you know?
3310 remake is not the real 3310. It works, but it's not as indestructible. Case in point.

Granted, but now you're a compost bin and you've lost all sentience.

I wish Boraxo didn't change their product in the early 2000s. (Anyone still use the original stuff besides me?)
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: "Madness" Madelyn

#980 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

(I've never used Boraxo at all (the soap, right)) Boraxo's production line never changed, but then immediately went bankrupt

I wish I could go to a range
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#981 Post by Bellhead »

Granted. There's one target, one shooter at a time, 20 minute slots, no appointments and 10 people ahead of you.

I wish I hadn't been such a dink in my early years.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler

#982 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

(that's actually not far off of what usually happens) instead of being a dink, you were a know-it-all teacher's pet

I wish to know everything about chemistry
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#983 Post by Neutral Smith »

Granted, but now you have very shaky hands, and putting things to practice will be very tricky.

I wish I knew what kind of computer components I want for my next computer. My current is getting outdated, I really like to figure everything out, but the choice is too overwhelming. Only thing I know is what I don't want.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#984 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Granted you now know what you want. But you can afford it and go with a stock computer instead.
(Honestly unless you are into ultra high end games on ultra settings or HPC anything is more or less ok)

Speaking of High performance computing: I wish I knew Cobol
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#985 Post by Bellhead »

Granted, but COBOL gets replaced with Windows because it needed to be updated, and now you don't know Windows anymore.

I wish my basement didn't fill with water whenever it rained.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#986 Post by Kellard »

Granted. Now it's the rest of the house that gets filled with water.

I wish gyms would open up again.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#987 Post by Bellhead »

Granted. There's one on every street corner, all run by perverts and there are no showers.

I wish Christianity never happened. (have fun with this one)

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#988 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Oh, boy, you got a minute? :P

Well, you've mentioned you're from New England, which by extension means you're from the Americas, broadly defined.

Well, without Christianity, early missionary efforts by the Spanish would not have led to the establishment of encomiendas, or feudal plots of land staffed by Native Americans and owned by Europeans. Without these, the various debates that occurred under Charles V and Philip II that eventually provided both legal and theological justifications for colonialism would not have occurred, meaning the rest of Europe likely wouldn't have gotten into the colonialism game either, meaning the Dutch and later the English would not have colonized what is today the Northeast of the United States, meaning that New England as we know it (and therefore all the people from New England) would never have been born.

So, granted, but you don't exist anymore. :grin:

Also, sorry for any historical inaccuracies -- I'm a hobbyist historian at best and I wanted to take the route most familiar to me as a quasi-Spaniard -- there are about eight million other reasons none of us would likely be alive if Christianity hadn't happened.

Now, with that out of the way...I wish I had a 4.0 GPA at university.
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#989 Post by Bellhead »

Interesting, but your response begins AFTER the Dark Ages, wherein the Church basically prevented any scientific work of any kind.

4.0 GPA? Granted, but it requires so much work that you're dead to the world outside of classes/studying, and so have lost all people skills and socialization, so you never get a satisfying job and are forever alone.

I wish my dog wouldn't bark for no reason.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler

#990 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

granted but now your dog doesn't make any noise
(also jonah someone eventually would've come across this huge continent at some point in time it just would've been later. or maybe we would've come to you guys. 'Tis the joy of the multiverse theory)

I wish I had an electronic dictionary. yes, I know phones exist. yes, I know about dictionary.com. But this, in my situation would be way more convenient