Comfort Items, what's yours?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

tobewherethereslife
Citizen

Re: Comfort Items, what's yours?

#76 Post by tobewherethereslife »

I have two although one applies just to work. The work-related one is my necktie, for about two years we were required to wear one to work everyday and I hated the thing. Then a few months ago they changed the dress code so it was no longer required anymore. I tried going to work without one and felt totally weird without it, thus I still wear one. The other item is my iPod, it goes with me everywhere outside my home and when I am home then chances are it's plugged in to an iPod dock and playing something very loudly. :mrgreen:
EB from G wrote:
AzeNaku wrote:I don't blindly follow people.
You can trust av anyway blindly, he's like Jesus.
If you're a dyslexic, an agnostic, and an insomniac, do you lie awake at night wondering if there truly is a dog?

Naglfar
New Citizen

#77 Post by Naglfar »

I do feel uncomfortable when not having my keys and wallet in the left pocket, and cellphone in the right. But that's more a forced habit.
My real comfort items are my Mjølnir necklace and my bloodstone ring. Only comes off during showers and sleep.

Other than that I got a black plush bunny that patiently awaits my return to the bed. It's rather new but a comfort item none the less.

And for comfort food, there's "Kvikk Lunsj".
While it looks like Kit Kat .. the taste is nothing like it.
Reality deceives and lies tell the truth.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#78 Post by Chaosye »

I don't know why, but I love to wear my glasses, and I never take em' off except for stuff like showering, sleeping and swimming.
And I never forget to put them on, either.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#79 Post by AzeNaku »

My watch. I go crazy when I don't know what time it is!
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

A.J./Kho
Grand Templar

#80 Post by A.J./Kho »

My other Comfort item is my sketchbook and 0.7 mm mechanical pencil MEGA-Led, and my reference. It gives me confidence I need to drudge through da-day.
On Christmas 2009, Closing fast on New Year's Day, Kholhaus the Great came back

But who knows for how long? Not we, the faithful. We watch and wait. For the annoying noob to go away.

LivingontheEdge
New Citizen

#81 Post by LivingontheEdge »

My Flying V! I take it with me even on trips and stuff..dunno, I'd feel weird not having it with me.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#82 Post by SpeedFreak »

Energy drinks...I get angry...i grab one and everything is better. I don't know why but getting jittery and running off for an hour and everything seems better. And it gets me outta the house for a few hours since i have to walk 30 min to get to the closest 7-11 and then ZOOM i go the long way home and by then the drink is worn off and i feel so much better.
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#83 Post by Ryusen »

So it it the drink or the walking that calms you down? Might be worth taking a look into.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

SkybornWG
New Citizen

#84 Post by SkybornWG »

I think that really, the only comfort item I own is this golden one dollar Sequoyah coin inside of a silver necklace frame. I usually wear it when I’m going to a place I’ve never been to before or doing things that I need a confidence boost for. Sometimes, I wear it to sleep or just out in public at random. I can’t say that I wear it all the time, but if I ever thought think for a second that I wasn’t sure where it was or if it might have been moved, I go completely insane for a while.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#85 Post by Bellhead »

Personally, I'd say my outfit. Yeah, I know... but I have a good reason.

Ever since my freshman year of HS, I've worn the exact same outfit, every single day. Plain non-faded blue jeans, a red tee-shirt with a chest pocket, Sketchers and a camoflage belt with an unpainted generic buckle. Anytime I wear anything else, especially shorts, I feel naked.

And no, I really DO have 27 red shirts and at least 14 pairs of wearable jeans.

And if you want an object, then I'd talk about my custom portable MP3 system. But that in itself is a page long essay... The joys of being me. :P
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#86 Post by SirSlaughter »

I'm saving that picture.

Also, it's against rules to necropost like that man. Last post was in 2008.

SkybornWG
New Citizen

#87 Post by SkybornWG »

SirSlaughter wrote:I'm saving that picture.

R-really?!!

.....uhm......

........am I in trouble?

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#88 Post by DariusL »

SkybornWG wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote:I'm saving that picture.

R-really?!!

.....uhm......

........am I in trouble?

Considering there is still some possible contribution to this thread, and the fact that you're new, I believe it'll be ok this time. Just be more careful in the future :)

I guess my Les Paul could be considered a comfort item. Playing that guitar just frees up my mind completely while I become one with the instrument.

Stoneage89
Citizen

#89 Post by Stoneage89 »

I always wear a flannel jacket. I cannot leave home without it on. I'm really insecure about the shape I'm in, so I wear one to swallow me up, so I can blame my size on the jacket I need to stop wearing them soon though because of summer. shoot. guess I'll have to lose some weight. It will be a good motivator, I guess. :) I also don't leave home without my GBA and Pokémon blue. my save battery is dead though, so I lost all progress.

Also, I love the Aprils fools thing here on the forums.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#90 Post by anonfox123 »

A while back I ended up loosing my main comfort item. A small, hand-sized wolf plushie that I'd always hang onto when sleeping. One night at a hotel, I let go of it in my sleep and didn't realize as I packed in the morning. I was a little dissapointed, but the way it happened seemed to tell me that I didn't really need it anymore.

I just hope that whoever finds it gives it to a kid who will enjoy it as much as I did.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!