Comfort Items, what's yours?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

Comfort Items, what's yours?

#1 Post by epion04 »

Like the thread title asks, what items or well anything, do you feel weird without? And no I don't mean something like pants, those if you go out without them someone is bound to say something...

To start off the convo, My self personally ( and if you have seen me on the Y!live channel, you know what I mean) almost never take off my hat, I just feel weird without it.

If you dont have something like that, then what about something that comforts you, like a teddy bear or something?
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

Re: Comfort Items, what's yours?

#2 Post by FastChapter »

Umm... hm.

My necklace, I suppose?

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#3 Post by Sable Dove »

My watches. I have to have at least one of them on or I'm not comfortable. I wear one watch when I'm sleeping and showering, and both the rest of the time. The only time I take both off is to do sports like wrestling and judo.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

I prefer to have my wallet on me whenever I leave the house, no matter what the occasion. It doesn't matter how much - if any - money I have in it, just the familiar weight along my pocket (always right).

Beyond this, I don't really have any Comfort Items. When I was growing up I had a stuffed Husky plush instead of a teddy bear, but not since... middle school (?) have I seen it.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

VolkswagenFox
Council Member

#5 Post by VolkswagenFox »

Talonmaster Zso wrote:I prefer to have my wallet on me whenever I leave the house, no matter what the occasion. It doesn't matter how much - if any - money I have in it, just the familiar weight along my pocket (always right).
Same here. When I don't have it in my pocket, I have the feeling something is missing.

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Ryusen »

I feel naked without my watch on. Walking out without that familiar feeling on my wrist is like going to the mall without pants.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

FlaminPheonix
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by FlaminPheonix »

currently its the cast on my arm

cause if i leave that behind then i've got problems

but normally i wear to glove type things that stretch halfway up my for arm both labeled with a little paw and "Furry at heart" and i haven't taken those off in a long time. ( i sleep with them on and when not wearing them its just weird somehow (so i wash them fast :grin: ))
ImageImage
Ultramus wrote:I just got the mental image of the north pole being raided by Bolsheviks :shock:

zhimoda
Ringtail Foxie

#8 Post by zhimoda »

Definitely my necklace, I have a blue necklace I got from a zoo that has a silver paw print in the center of it, I wear it everywhere, the chain broke so I tie it to my belt now. Everyone at work has gotten used to it and knows when I'm around cause it sounds like I'm wearing a bell or something when I come walking through. ^^

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Verilidaine »

I have a copper bracelet that I bought in Santa Fe that I hate being without...except for right now, because my watch died (ARGH) and I haven't gotten a chance to get a new one, and I can't wear one without the other. And not having a watch is a bit crazy-making.

But yeah, my copper bracelet :) It's awesome...kinda twisty.

Graham
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Graham »

My boots.

I wear a pair of Blackhawks which cost me almost $400. About a weeks pay. But I love Blackhawk, they make very high quality gear. These boots have seen four countries and after a good cleaning still look brand new. Very tough, very durable, extremely comfortable, and I expect to get at least another half-decade out of them. I wear them every day, in everything I do with the sole exception of when I go to the gym, sleep and shower.

And those three periods of the day I feel naked.
“Kill if you must, but never hate: Man is but grass and hate is blight, The sun will scorch you soon or late, Die wholesome then, since you must fight.” -Robert Graves

Kanako
Citizen
Location: In the Kanto Region, Following Ryuubi Gentokus Orders (And Her)

#11 Post by Kanako »

My iPod.. and maye my posters, becuase there just the memories i have left of my GF.
Between New And Original Games. I'll Take The Original Zelda Gamesa For N64.
Mistress Kanako Is A Deciver

Da Capo- Ace Of Base. Great Song

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by epion04 »

I was prompted to start this topic because for the first time in about 2 years, I could not find my hat today. After reading these, I think I might just be a bit neurotic.....

I guess things like this can be chalked up to a human tendency towards habitual actions? I do the whole my watch and necklace ( which I probably should not wear in the first place, had it for 3 years and found out about a month ago the pendent is made of solid lead 0_0.....) never come off unless I am in the shower of working on my truck.
Verilidaine wrote:I have a copper bracelet that I bought in Santa Fe that I hate being without...except for right now, because my watch died (ARGH) and I haven't gotten a chance to get a new one, and I can't wear one without the other. And not having a watch is a bit crazy-making.

But yeah, my copper bracelet :) It's awesome...kinda twisty.
Too bad you don't live nearby, before I was legally old enough to hold a real job I used to fix watches and sell them at flea-markets with an uncle of mine...
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

enzia35
Master

#13 Post by enzia35 »

During the winter, I wear my Reebok jacket all the time. Have had it for many a year.

Used to be my watch, but don't have one anymore.

Yash
Administrator

#14 Post by Yash »

My headphones, or my headset if I'm on my computer.

Hell, if my family members don't see me without one of those two on, they think it's weird.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

A.J./Kho
Grand Templar

#15 Post by A.J./Kho »

Waffles.

Delightfully crunchy and sweet.

If I don't have waffles or the less delightful pancakes in the morning, I get irritated. They're just so darn tasty that
I won't have no breakfast without em unless necessary.

Comfort Food, It's for the win.
On Christmas 2009, Closing fast on New Year's Day, Kholhaus the Great came back

But who knows for how long? Not we, the faithful. We watch and wait. For the annoying noob to go away.