Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Wynni
Forum Momma

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#61 Post by Wynni »

As I told another person who has to take mood altering medication: do you think less of a person who has to take blood pressure medication? Do you despise people who have to take insulin?

/your body, for whatever reason, has ceased to make biochenicals your body needs to function normally. They are correcting an imbalance. So, from a homeoastatic view, the medication is helping you find the 'you' you were meant to be.

Any help? :)
Image Wielder of the Wooden Spoon. Boogeymen and Slendermen everywhere beware.
ImageImage

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#62 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Wynni wrote:
/your body, for whatever reason, has ceased to make biochenicals your body needs to function normally. They are correcting an imbalance. So, from a homeoastatic view, the medication is helping you find the 'you' you were meant to be.

Any help? :)
Aww, it's like you always know what to say. I didn't even post my depressing thoughts, and I already feel better.

Thanks. =^.^=

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#63 Post by Talaisan »

Actually... I know the meds aren't really making me all the way better. I can point out a specific period in my past when things started changing. I can point out another where it went from 'meh' to 'unsalvageable'. The meds have taken me back to 'meh', but I keep looking for what's missing to bring me back to really being me.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#64 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Aww, man, come on! You said your sanity was buried in a shoebox ages ago! Learn to play guitar, you'd make an awesome blues singer. :wink:

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#65 Post by Verilidaine »

Firemelon wrote:I have a wierd emotional dissorder which i got diagnosed with when i was 4 or so, ive been takong Sertraline every day from that day onwards, and possibly for the rest of my life, thats to treat Major Depression Dissorder, Anxiety Dissorder, and Bi-Polar Dissorder. THe problem ive always had with it is this sort of mental conflict in a way, when i take the medication, it changes who i am, how i interact and how i feel, but is that who i really am? or does it simply modify my personality to make me someone i am not. A sort of unnatrual existence. It sounds silly, but its always kind got to me, i cant tell who i am, because i know that who i am is determined by my medication, but if i dont take the medication, i probobaly would last a week. :s

</whinge>
Umm...I'm obviously not a practicing clinician, but...I believe you can't get bipolar and depression at the same time. Bipolar in and of itself covers the "depression" part. In case someone told you that you have both :|

But I digress. Wynni is absolutely right. You're taking a medicine to deal with a biological imbalance which is not your fault. You need this correction to live a satisfying life, and I'd say that's you.

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#66 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

I'm just getting angry.
It's all the time now, just a little twinge of sadness and anger that seems to follow me constantly through out the day. It's not serious, it's not major, but I'm different when I feel like this. I hardly even know what I'm mad at, but it makes me tired, it makes me sad, it makes me boring and quick to anger.

I guess it's my parents most of all, and life in general. I just walk around a little mad, all the time.

This is a part of being a teenager, I know, this is normal, and my only way of solving it is waiting. However, that's about as comforting as going to a doctor for a broken foot and having him rub Alvera on it. It seems inescapable. I don't want to feel this way, but I do. I just feel more cynical, more worn, more bored with life and what is contained within it. I hope it leaves me soon, but honestly, I don't know. I just don't have the same spark I once did, I'm not eager, and for many things, I just don't care anymore, I really don't.

*sigh*
Heck, now I've simplified it all. Here's my deviant art, you can find all my writings here ^^
http://keldoth.deviantart.com/

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#67 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel wrote:I'm just getting angry.
It's all the time now, just a little twinge of sadness and anger that seems to follow me constantly through out the day. It's not serious, it's not major, but I'm different when I feel like this. I hardly even know what I'm mad at, but it makes me tired, it makes me sad, it makes me boring and quick to anger.

I guess it's my parents most of all, and life in general. I just walk around a little mad, all the time.

This is a part of being a teenager, I know, this is normal, and my only way of solving it is waiting. However, that's about as comforting as going to a doctor for a broken foot and having him rub Alvera on it. It seems inescapable. I don't want to feel this way, but I do. I just feel more cynical, more worn, more bored with life and what is contained within it. I hope it leaves me soon, but honestly, I don't know. I just don't have the same spark I once did, I'm not eager, and for many things, I just don't care anymore, I really don't.

*sigh*
Yeah... hope you're ready for a couple years of that... :roll:

BlueFoxx
Master

#68 Post by BlueFoxx »

my brain is bring back old and buried things and making me question who i am *again* ID crises is so common with me or people i know, we are dealing with it ourselves...but then is it still one?bah. i should *really* sleep...and now i realise i shouldn't have sugary drinks at night...
#twokinds wrote: <Tom> Vector boobs?
<Tom> Can be scaled to any size!
I may or may not lurk, at times.
I do some interesting photography, if you're bored enough to poke around.

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#69 Post by Kinuki »

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel wrote:I'm just getting angry.

*sigh*
Unfortunately all you can do is wait to grow out of it. I know that's not exactly what you wanted to hear, but it's the simple truth. Almost everyone goes through that and grows out of it. Just a part of growing up.
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

Trabian
Templar Master

#70 Post by Trabian »

What kinuki said. It's something that will pass, hormones and all that. Basically your feelings are guided by your body a bit in this case.

If you don't like that particular fact, be glad that you're a man and that you'll grow out of it (mostly), women have to deal with it on a regular basis. :roll:

(I'm talking about feelings influenced by the body and such.)
Growing old is obligatory,
Growing up is optional.

If Waaagh ain't helpin wif yer problem, you is not using enuf.

- Herbes, Black Orc.

GD
Grand Templar

#71 Post by GD »

Excercise always helps me when I'm angry.

Too bad I'm not a very angry person :(

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#72 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

I get plenty of exercise, I walk 2 miles uphill every weekday. I'm getting blisters on my feet, yet I still walk around angry.

Whatever, I just hate the fact that there's something negative happening to my body completely out of even the basic semblance of my control.
Heck, now I've simplified it all. Here's my deviant art, you can find all my writings here ^^
http://keldoth.deviantart.com/

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#73 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Trabian wrote:What kinuki said. It's something that will pass, hormones and all that. Basically your feelings are guided by your body a bit in this case.

If you don't like that particular fact, be glad that you're a man and that you'll grow out of it (mostly), women have to deal with it on a regular basis. :roll:

(I'm talking about feelings influenced by the body and such.)
Summarized in a sentence: You're horny as hell at EVERYTHING, and your body is like OMGWTF?

Dude, seriously, just get on e621 and have a blast. I wouldn't be saying this if it didn't work.

Check Source
Templar GrandMaster

#74 Post by Check Source »

I looked in a mirrior. Then I got ANGRY!
I am probably the only person who is against Flora having a child.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#75 Post by FastChapter »

HULK MAD!!

Sounds like someone has a case of testosterone. :P That'll all pass. I hear if you play high school football, a lot of those angry hormones get spent, XD