Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#20041 Post by Twippit »

SperoWolf wrote:
Twippit wrote:I'm homeless now, I think. I'm at a shelter and I don't know how long I'll be there... Here's hoping for the best.
How bad is the situation? Does it look like it might be a temporary thing, or are you going to be stuck at a shelter?
No idea. Hopefully I'm in an apartment by the end of the month, but I really don't know right now.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#20042 Post by Winter-huntsman »

So my friend finally introduced me to her friend kitty ( it's her nickname because she's a furry as well) I said hi and she waved. As I'm walking away I hear my friend say that I have been wanting to me her for a long time. This embarrassed me a lot, I only really wanted to meet her beacause my friend has many cool and interesting friends as well as she is another furry. But now I think kitty think I'm some strange stalker, oh well at least I still have my original friend :P
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#20043 Post by Kellard »

The Rookie wrote:
Tyten wrote:So today was my birthday... seemed to be nobody remembered.
I wouldn't take it personally, Tyten. I have a horrible track record for remembering birthdays myself, but it doesn't mean I think any less of my friends and family. Besides, someone clearly remembered and tried to get the word out to everyone else. That sounds like a good friend to me.
Good point. I don't take it quite personal, but I try to be nice to people, I guess I simply shouldn't try that hard.

Kellard
Templar Master

#20044 Post by Kellard »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
The Rookie wrote:
I wouldn't take it personally, Tyten. I have a horrible track record for remembering birthdays myself, but it doesn't mean I think any less of my friends and family. Besides, someone clearly remembered and tried to get the word out to everyone else. That sounds like a good friend to me.
Not to mention (at least for me) there comes a point where birthdays become just other days. I sometime forget about my own birthday until someone reminds me.
Yeah. Actually the person that reminded me was my grandma. Through a phone call, at 7:00 am :roll: :mrgreen:

Kellard
Templar Master

#20045 Post by Kellard »

Twippit wrote:
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
The Rookie wrote:
Not to mention (at least for me) there comes a point where birthdays become just other days. I sometime forget about my own birthday until someone reminds me.
I personally have never remembered my own birthday.

I'm homeless now, I think. I'm at a shelter and I don't know how long I'll be there... Here's hoping for the best.
That's gotta be rough. I hope your situation gets better.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#20046 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Tyten wrote:*3 posts in a row*
Don't do that. Not even 2 posts in a row (except for a few exceptions, such as your own art page). It may have made for a long post, but you could put it all into one.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#20047 Post by Twippit »

SperoWolf wrote:
Twippit wrote:No idea. Hopefully I'm in an apartment by the end of the month, but I really don't know right now.
I hope you get an apartment soon, it must be terrible living at a shelterr
It's not as bad as you'd think. I've been homeless before, out of a shelter, and this is so much better.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#20048 Post by Bellhead »

My backpack strap broke today... 9 layers of grey duct tape covering a broken piece of sheet alluminum with 2 layers of black duct tape on top had melted in the sun, on a day with temperatures approaching 90, carrying an excessive load. Here at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell, with such an outstanding engineering reputation, students do not have access to the raw materials I would need to repair this backpack.

At this point, I would require several square feet of 1/8" steel plating and a torch to cut and shape it, several feet of square pipe insulation, two sets of hinges and bolts to match, a drill and a bit, and several 1/4-20 nuts and bolts, not to mention a grinding wheel to smooth out the final product, and several rolls of duct tape to soften it up enough so as to not be a hazard to wear. Most of which are not allowed in my dorm room, or anywhere on campus for that matter. Furthermore, the only asetylene torch I have access to is all but out of oxygen, and my father has no plans to fill it, and I highly doubt I have 1/8" steel plate lying around anymore...

Maybe I will post a picture of what remains, if I should find a suitable camera. Five years of heavy use and modification, all to end so suddenly.. One day it will return, a veritable Frankenstein of a backpack, which I will have refused to send to the grave. One day.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#20049 Post by TinyVoices »

Kellard
Templar Master

#20050 Post by Kellard »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Tyten wrote:*3 posts in a row*
Don't do that. Not even 2 posts in a row (except for a few exceptions, such as your own art page). It may have made for a long post, but you could put it all into one.
Yeah... Sorry about that, I'll keep it in mind.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#20051 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Well, found out I was supposed to take a class this semester that I didn't register for (nor did I think that I needed to take it). Now I have to talk to my Academic Adviser to see if I can fit it in during the summer and still keep on track of the "Suggested 4 year plan". If worst comes to worst, I'll just take another year, just for that class and the next level up class; I only have to take 1 and 2 of it, and 1 is the one I was supposed to take this semester, and 2 next semester. It's not too bad, but I want to graduate in 2018, not 2019.

It's Chem Lab I BTW

The confusion came from the suggested 4 year plan paper, where the lecture and lab were one class on it, but this fall they separated them, making people sign up for 2 different classes, and I didn't know the original was lecture and lab, so I thought I just had to take lecture.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#20052 Post by FrogSteaks »

On [url=https://www.facebook.com/markiplier]Facebook[/url], Markiplier wrote:Something very serious has happened. I won't be able to make videos for quite a while. I know you would probably like more details but at this time I can't say anything. Please be patient while I handle a very personal matter.
That doesn't sound good. I hope everything turns out well.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

midnightblink
Council Member

#20053 Post by midnightblink »

FrogSteaks wrote:
On [url=https://www.facebook.com/markiplier]Facebook[/url], Markiplier wrote:Something very serious has happened. I won't be able to make videos for quite a while. I know you would probably like more details but at this time I can't say anything. Please be patient while I handle a very personal matter.
That doesn't sound good. I hope everything turns out well.
I hope it isn't something TOO serious. We'll miss you, Markimoo (;_;)
Primum Non Nocere

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#20054 Post by Vintage »

SperoWolf wrote:Oh God, it better not be Tom or Mark's mom. But what else could it be? It's not his health or he would have told us like when he was in the hospital.

I pray it's not his family.
That's what I was unfortunately thinking as well. I already had to deal with losing my mom last month, and I sincerely hope it doesn't happen to him. Of course we all could horribly wrong, and it isn't anything to that extent. At least, that's what we're all hoping for. A small part of me wants to ask Tom on the IRC, but even if he did know something, I wouldn't want to bring it up seeing as Mark didn't.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#20055 Post by FrogSteaks »

SperoWolf wrote:Oh God, it better not be Tom or Mark's mom. But what else could it be? It's not his health or he would have told us like when he was in the hospital.

I pray it's not his family.
I don't think it's something to do with Tom. That post was made around midnight ET last night, yet the comic still updated this morning.

But yeah, I'm not sure what it could be. The way he worded it though... Not trying to pry or anything, I'm just concerned.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky