Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21826 Post by Zakkerus »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 am
Zakkerus wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 am When I have an unpopular opinion, and I'm gangbanged (metaphorically) for it. That feeling sucks. Then you try to do some good, but people won't let it go.

Heh, the Internet, am I right?
Linking because words the forum filter picks up
https://i.imgur.com/FIbHKIW.gif
I'm so burned, I need special ointment to ever recover from this devastating loss and newfound info that I didn't know before out of all the years I've been on the Internet.

TLDR: found another, I think

(Sorry if that came off as mean, but you understand why I feel this way, hopefully)

MoonSticks
Master

#21827 Post by MoonSticks »

When will people learn, and stop being ignorant.
This Isn't directed to anyone on here, i'm messaging somebody who I dated years ago, long story short he is straight up being a bully. Arguing about the fact that I'm 'Double the size you used to be' so yeah, all I did was turn him down on meeting up on him and all of a sudden he's being a prick. Not to mention he's saying stuff about my baby girl that I don't want to mention due to it being quite sickening, why do I attract mad men? Seriously?

Weight is currently an issue for me, not all mums lose it after having a baby and these past few months have been difficult, so why would someone be like that?
Rant over, ive blocked him, he's not worth it, gotta find someone who loves me for who I am, not criticise my body and my child.
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

Dianae
New Citizen

#21828 Post by Dianae »

MoonSticks wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am When will people learn, and stop being ignorant.
This Isn't directed to anyone on here, i'm messaging somebody who I dated years ago, long story short he is straight up being a bully. Arguing about the fact that I'm 'Double the size you used to be' so yeah, all I did was turn him down on meeting up on him and all of a sudden he's being a prick. Not to mention he's saying stuff about my baby girl that I don't want to mention due to it being quite sickening, why do I attract mad men? Seriously?

Weight is currently an issue for me, not all mums lose it after having a baby and these past few months have been difficult, so why would someone be like that?
Rant over, ive blocked him, he's not worth it, gotta find someone who loves me for who I am, not criticise my body and my child.
For some people, especially the controlling type, they want to lord something over you to make themselves feel better. I recently had to deal with an ex-friend who systematically kept me from any kind of transition from having a guy friend to having a boyfriend. It took me a long time to see the pattern, because the cause and effect chain was seemingly obvious, but only after looking back on the patterns.

Dianae and Pretty Friend(PF) make a male acquaintance/friend(MF) -> Dianae sees "more to an actual friendship" than there "really is"/thinks MF might, possibly, be interested in taking things a step further(dating, etc) and offhandedly mentions such to PF -> PF uses "innocent tomboy accident"/"I think I like him too"/her looks to pull attention onto herself -> Dianae/MF falls for PF's machinations -> Dianae has body issues and other insecurities reaffirmed -> Male friend pulls a ghost and disappears off the face of the earth. -> Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

or

Dianae voices concern over aspect of relationship -> PF defends herself/promises to change -> PF seems/claims to alter disliked behavior -> Dianae relents -> PF returns to normal/hasn't really changed -> LRR

There were other earmarks of her need to control others, to be at the top of an egocentric world spinning around her and only her.

If you do not conform to the place they have you in their own mind, they rip and tear at you until you fit back into the cookie cutter mold like they want. Even if you get away from them, they rip and tear at you in their own mind until they themselves are the victim of your neglect/mind games/etc. Mind you I may be projecting my ex-friend onto your ex, but... It's the only window into that kind of soul I have.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#21829 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

When the guy you care most about, having known for almost a year and just unfreind you without saying anything and never reply back...

[censored] this stuff rightnow (;_;)
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

D3ADKi113R
Templar GrandMaster

#21830 Post by D3ADKi113R »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:03 pm When the guy you care most about, having known for almost a year and just unfreind you without saying anything and never reply back...

Maybe it's miscommunication? (I've accidentally removed friends in a half asleep state only to add them back in the morning and appologizd) anyway you could reach him through someone else?
Where to find me:
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/d3adki113r/
Discord: SnowyLoli#4512 (let me know you're from the forums!)

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#21831 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

D3ADKi113R wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm
Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:03 pm When the guy you care most about, having known for almost a year and just unfreind you without saying anything and never reply back...

Maybe it's miscommunication?
Trust me, its not, i been trying for a month, and i spoke to some of " our " "friends" and they where treated the same. Knowing how close him and me where... Im happy im going to the west coast on saturday to meet real fur friends that i know...
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21832 Post by Akira110 »

I came down with a virus that had flu-like symptoms. I've had the worst goddamn 3 days of sickness in my life, I had a constant 103.8 fever without tylenol. A cough that was strong. Chills out the wazoo, and sweats on the other end of those chills. I woke up every 40 minutes on thursday night, coughing like crazy. My goddamn sternum was in pain every time I coughed yesterday. I had Pneumonia before, and it takes a lot for me to say that something is in some ways worse than that. And that... oh my goodness, was worse in some ways than Pneumonia and I say that from first hand experience.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#21833 Post by Tetrahedron »

OK, some of those smaller rants in comparison to the things that happen to other people.

But maybe it is good for a laugh...

After two years I continued a save in Skyrim. Well, I installed a mod, hey, it's fun, another mod, yeah, another one, oh, does not work. Wait there is a tutorial on YouTube for this problem, nice. Oh, the next video is a tutorial how to create your own little mod. Interesting, let's try. Wow, it's fun. And after some days experimenting it even works. OK, next step, let's add flavour to my little mod.
And at this point, after three weeks, I realised, that I suck at scripting. Really bad. I have not the slightest idea how to get it done. Well, ok, my programming skills are not more than a few days with R and some little if... Then... things in visual basic for my CAD Program.
People say R is not user friendly. It's true, but at least it is strictly logic. But the Bethesda Papyrus thing is something I don't get. The name fits, because for me it is like reading papyri with ancient Egypt hieroglyphs. Or maybe I just haven't found my rosetta stone yet.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#21834 Post by Foxx Trotter »

The inaugural Anthro Crossroads East is in Raleigh this weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the event due to work. :( As far as I know, it's the only major furry convention in North Carolina to date.

Animazement is four months away, which I may be able to go to.
Videre videnda.

CagedTheCactus

#21835 Post by CagedTheCactus »

So, a week ago I applied for an internship at a very large defense contractor in my region. They make avionics equipment for everybody from the Air Force to the 787, and I have always been fascinated with the technology they develop there. Given that I have had previous tours and positive experiences at the company, I jumped at the chance to do some internship work there.

It looks like I jumped a little too quickly, though, because today I was notified that when I applied, my citizenship was set not to the United States but to another country, one which I'm pretty sure is the absolute worst country I could have applied under.

Just to be clear: I applied to work a company that manufactures weapons systems for the United States military and declared North Korean citizenship.

While this was obviously unintentional, they were understandably not too pleased about this, and I have since been trying to a) convince them I'm not from North Korea (easy) and b) I wasn't just some kid trying to make a joke (hard). This is compounded by the fact that I don't actually have any way to contact them and have been discouraged from doing so. While I've just found the PDF they sent me to confirm my application, verified that it contains no reference to any Korea, and communicated as much to my contacts with the internship agency, I'm concerned that the damage has been done and I'm already out of the running. All I can do at this point is wait.
Making stuff, well, that's one thing. Making that stuff work, though, that's something totally different.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21836 Post by SirJahar »

Just because what you do is important does not make you a good person. Just because who you are/have become makes you better at that task does not make you a better person. Just because you've done either or both of the above does not make you better than other people.

No, I don't care to elaborate. Don't ask.

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#21837 Post by Zakkerus »

SirJahar wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:20 am Just because what you do is important does not make you a good person. Just because who you are/have become makes you better at that task does not make you a better person. Just because you've done either or both of the above does not make you better than other people.

Tell that to Y-*Currently redacted due to ongoing issue*... He sure should hear this, maybe learn something about himself too.

And sorry about your situation, I've been in the same one (I assume) plenty of time. Give certain people an ounce of power, and they automatically think themselves an untouchable god.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21838 Post by Technic[Bot] »

SirJahar wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:20 am Just because what you do is important does not make you a good person. Just because who you are/have become makes you better at that task does not make you a better person. Just because you've done either or both of the above does not make you better than other people.

Humility is the rarest of the virtues
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#21839 Post by Warrl »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:12 am

Humility is the rarest of the virtues
"I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults."

(Yes, the person I heard say this was being deliberately ironic.)

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21840 Post by SirJahar »

We're down to 5 people to handle 11 stores at the company I work for. We're supposed to have 2-per-store.
And while we can't work more than 40 hours in a week without getting a write up, we have 63 hours of work for eachs tore this week.