Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21856 Post by Hulk10 »

Zakkerus wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:15 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:12 pm
Zakkerus wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:49 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:44 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:43 pm

It's more that in that particular instance, you repeated yourself. You said the exact same thing twice within 15 words.
Ah yeah. It still seemed less than polite and that wasn't fun.
Some people on here can be pricks. If they do something like that, then just block them.
Ok though now I know there was no intention for rudeness
Ah, alright then.
But I'll keep that in mind
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21857 Post by Technic[Bot] »

ThunderVolt wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:38 am You get people that complain about your story?

I wish I got any feedback at this point

I'd take ANYTHING that evidenced that I'm enjoyed for what I do
Whaetever you do. Do it for the joy it make you fell. If someone elses enjoys it too that is nice. But if you do not enjoy doing it yourself, i do not think you should be doing it at all.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21858 Post by SirJahar »

So, I'm at my place of work, and I can't find the give a damn to bother clocking in and working. I just want to go back home and crawl back into bed.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21859 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

SirJahar wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 pm So, I'm at my place of work, and I can't find the give a damn to bother clocking in and working. I just want to go back home and crawl back into bed.
I know that feeling
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21860 Post by Technic[Bot] »

SirJahar wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 pm So, I'm at my place of work, and I can't find the give a damn to bother clocking in and working. I just want to go back home and crawl back into bed.
It happens to the best of people. If you never ever felt like that. Then that when i would worry
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#21861 Post by Tetrahedron »

Well, I live in Europe, and we have quite good laws to protect workers, so this rant may sound like whining on a luxury problem. Especially for US people.
As said, we have quite good laws in comparison, but nonetheless someone can play dirty. In my country you normally get a starting phase of three to maximum six month at the beginning of a new job, in which it is more easy to fire the worker or for the worker to quit. The employer may fire you without explaining any reasons. After this phase you can not get fired this easyly. The employer has to justificate it. Of course you can be fired because you stole something at work, or insulted a customer. Those are reasons given by the worker. Other "business" reasons are financial reasons, or simply that there is no more work for you. But you can not get fired and the boss says: Well, we have to fire you, cause of business reasons, and the next day someone new does the exact same job as you.
OK, now my story: I worked for one and a half year at a company. But it was not exactly my preferred business. One day I got a call from another company and they offered me a job perfect for me. Of course I took the job. The company even waited three months until my old company let me go, because they said, they needed someone really at this position. So I started, salary was good, starting phase was six month, nice amount of vacation. Everything seemed fine until the third last day of the starting phase. Suddenly the the boss called me in and put a contract in front of me. This contract said: You get two more month to prove yourself, after this you get automatically fired, but we can decide to keep you and give you a new job contract. Further the contract said, if I do not sign it, I get fired immediately.
I did not sign, my lawyer said the same, because if I had sign it, I could loose all my unemployment benefits, because then it would be an contract between me and employer and not only a regular dismissal. I asked the boss, why he want to fire me. Did something wrong? To slow? Problems with other employees? No, he just said, he has no good feeling. I said, sorry, but what can I do for his feelings? I can work harder and so on, but what should I do to change his feelings? This gives me not the slightest chance, if I have no point I can work on.
So the next day I came in to get my dismissal. Well, I got it, but it does not say, I can go immediately but in two months. At this point it was clear that there is something fishy. In two months most of the projects I work on will be finished. Other employees said, they just got a three month starting phase, not six, as I did. So, to me it seems, that there was never the plan to keep me. They just needed someone to finish the projects. And I stupid peace of... quit my other save job for this.

Edit: Again, sorry for my English, feel free to correct me, it is always nice to learn something.

And read the text with German or Slavic accent for your entertainment.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#21862 Post by Neptune »

Tetrahedron wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 am long snip about how my boss fired me for not signing a contract
Which one are you? I'm guessing either Polish or German.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#21863 Post by Tetrahedron »

Well, you are right.
:mrgreen:

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#21864 Post by Neptune »

Tetrahedron wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 am Well, you are right.
:mrgreen:
kurwa
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21865 Post by Insomniac »

Warning: You might feel rage. This is normal. I legitimately cannot find the words to describe how livid I am after watching this video.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#21866 Post by Hulk10 »

I hate it when a simple suggestion is taken the wrong way.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21867 Post by tony1695 »

So, Tom's Patreon is "under review"? What, did some idiot decide it'd be funny to report him for something that violates their terms and conditions? Because unless something really bizarre has happened, I highly doubt that's the case.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21868 Post by Dadrobit »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am So, Tom's Patreon is "under review"? What, did some idiot decide it'd be funny to report him for something that violates their terms and conditions? Because unless something really bizarre has happened, I highly doubt that's the case.
Long story sort: Patreon has been cracking down on "Adult themed", NSFW, and fetishistic Patreon pages over the last few weeks. They are trying to get everyone who creates such content to either put it all behind a paywall so that it's not immediately accessible to anyone who accidentally stumbles on the page, or else either take it off of the page entirely. If Patreon doesn't at least make an effort to curb NSFW and even NSFW-ish stuff being so open on their site, then they're going to lose the support of their payment services as, "payments for adult content are subject to a higher rate of chargebacks, and because of an aversion to the content itself among some payment processors"

It's certainly an unpopular move by them, but they're really stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they move against NSFW content and lose a lot of their userbase's support, or they don't move against NSFW and they lose financial support, killing the site.

Infinitedge got hit a week or so ago as well and his page still isn't back up...

steelabjur
Council Member

#21869 Post by steelabjur »

I'd say his stuff is suggestive at most. Ridiculous.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21870 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Dadrobit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 am
tony1695 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am So, Tom's Patreon is "under review"? What, did some idiot decide it'd be funny to report him for something that violates their terms and conditions? Because unless something really bizarre has happened, I highly doubt that's the case.
Long story sort: Patreon has been cracking down on "Adult themed", NSFW, and fetishistic Patreon pages over the last few weeks. They are trying to get everyone who creates such content to either put it all behind a paywall so that it's not immediately accessible to anyone who accidentally stumbles on the page, or else either take it off of the page entirely. If Patreon doesn't at least make an effort to curb NSFW and even NSFW-ish stuff being so open on their site, then they're going to lose the support of their payment services as, "payments for adult content are subject to a higher rate of chargebacks, and because of an aversion to the content itself among some payment processors"

It's certainly an unpopular move by them, but they're really stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they move against NSFW content and lose a lot of their userbase's support, or they don't move against NSFW and they lose financial support, killing the site.

Infinitedge got hit a week or so ago as well and his page still isn't back up...
Kinda strange considering all kinds of adult content sites use PayPal and similar services
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now