Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Tetrahedron
Merchant

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21901 Post by Tetrahedron »

OK, I'm pi..ed as f...
writing a long text here and after pressing submit I have to log in again. And of course everything is gone. And this happens half the time.
f this s...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#21902 Post by Bellhead »

More sad than angry... One of my best friends is leaving the company. ...and going to the job I didn't get.

I'm happy for him, I really am. He deserves it. But I still hate him for it. Juuuust a little. Tomorrow's his last day, lucky [censored].
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#21903 Post by Tetrahedron »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:18 am More sad than angry... One of my best friends is leaving the company. ...and going to the job I didn't get.

I'm happy for him, I really am. He deserves it. But I still hate him for it. Juuuust a little. Tomorrow's his last day, lucky [censored].
Well, that's hard. Respect to you, I would not know, how to handle such a situation.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21904 Post by Dadrobit »

So here I am, stuck staying after my shift because the secondary guard for my house called in 10 minutes before work. Other guard walks in and says, "Damn, sucks to be you.... Mind if I take a nap for an hour or so?"

"Yeah, I kind of [censored] mind you taking a nap on the job while I get stuck with extra work."

10 minutes later:

https://imgur.com/a/q9oP2Ao

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#21905 Post by Bellhead »

And as I lay down to sleep, I invite the dog up. He's warm and fluffy. Start to doze, and I hear "pffft". He's facing away from me.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#21906 Post by Hulk10 »

Not liking the drama in the new comic page............... It suggests that Flora and Trace's romance won't work out..............
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21907 Post by Insomniac »

Today is the fifth anniversary of RWBY creator Monty Oum's death.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21908 Post by Dadrobit »

Insomniac wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:20 pm Today is the fifth anniversary of RWBY creator Monty Oum's death.
Jesus, has it been that long already? RIP. I have many a fond memory of watching his early fighting animations back in highschool...

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21909 Post by Insomniac »

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:07 pm
Insomniac wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:20 pm Today is the fifth anniversary of RWBY creator Monty Oum's death.
Jesus, has it been that long already? RIP. I have many a find memory of watching his early fighting animations back in highschool...
Oh yes...I fondly remember Haloid and the Dead Fantasy series. Fantastic work, just like RWBY.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21910 Post by tony1695 »

It's a small thing, but it really pisses me off.

Thursday night, raid night (World of Warcraft). One of the few things I really enjoy and look forward to.

It's also a rare night where my sister's home instead of doing god-knows-what for a change. So what does she do? Use a streaming service as [censored] background noise while she looks at [censored] on her phone. I live in Australia, our internet quality is considered 'poor' as a baseline. And the selfish [censored] won't consider anyone else in the house, just yells at me. Can't even mess with the router in retaliation, it's in her room and because we're living with our parents for a while I can't get into the settings and do anything there either.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#21911 Post by DariusL »

So I'm a sound engineer by trade, and mostly work in live music and events with some podcast work on the side. Well, with the current COVID-19 pandemic all public events, conventions, concerts, bars and venues are closed for at least a month starting today, by decree of the provincial gov't. Fundamentally I think it's a good thing and it'll help to keep the situation under control but... now I'm out of work. We just had a few really slow weeks lately and work was finally about to pick back up, but then everything got canceled. Now I'm in not such a bad position myself, working for one of the biggest players in the industry and the company will back their employees, and my freelance podcast gig is unaffected, but plenty of my friends and colleagues are 100% freelancers. Freelancers aren't eligible to unemployment or work insurance so they're in a really tight spot.
So now I'm waiting on my employer to explain how we'll be compensated, and waiting to see how the gov't will help the thousands of affected freelancers.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#21912 Post by Tetrahedron »

DariusL wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:49 am Snip
May I ask which country you are from?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#21913 Post by Bellhead »

Find out today that every dealership within 5 miles of where I work is laying off people. One let 75 techs go because of this pandemic. That's more than our entire dealership staff, including the overnight janitors. I suppose I should feel lucky, our shop is just running on half staff on a rotating biweekly schedule until the end of this so we don't lose anyone, not that we had a full lineup to begin with... Guess they finally realized that if they let anyone else go, nobody's coming back because of the company's reputation.

I'm lucky enough that I won't starve or go homeless on half a paycheck, but my buddy just had a kid. And things were already tight for him. If things get that bad, I might just invite him over, family and all. This.. this is going to get a LOT worse before it gets better.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#21914 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

School screwed me over hard.
I failed my last exam with 1 question.
The air business have gone almost extinct due to Wohan Virus.
Cant futhure educate due to whats going on in the world.
Got massive work on my brithday.
:potatoes:
But on the better thing:
I didnt celebrate birthday with family due to visiting restrictions wich means i didnt have to feel like i let everyone down!
So now im probably going in to sanitary work wich risks my health but thats nothing new for me.
Now i just hold my tumbs that this year will go atleast somewhat great.

I hope everyone who read this take care and will keep their mood up in the time of a world pandemic. :kathrin:

On a side note im laughting at the girl I was together with as she and her family decided to open a resturant. In times like these...
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#21915 Post by Bellhead »

As a mechanic -sorry, technician- I always dreaded this day. Hoped it would never come, but it happened.

Customer states:
"My heat stopped working."

Technician states:
"Well, we could put a new engine in it."

True story, and yes, that was an actual fix for it. They blew a head gasket, leaked coolant down the back of the block, and lost heat. We'll be replacing the head gasket. Sad part is, it's covered under warranty, so I'll spend probably 15 hours on it and get paid about 6. Gotta love flat-rate.