Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#5386 Post by KyeRaor »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Well I was definitely close in assuming the shooting was around the corner from my house. It was actually right behind my house, across the empty lot, in the cul de sac on the other side. From what I gather there was a stand-off with the shooter barring himself up inside his house. He eventually came out with his arms up, but I don't know if anyone was actually hit. That was a couple hours ago now, so I think it's safe to leave the house.
Dude, have you thought of moving? It's amazing you yourself haven't gotten hurt yet. Just seems like you live in a really dangerous neighbourhood (Screw you American spelling!).

*looks outside. Sees snow. Grr*

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5387 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

KyeRaor wrote:
Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Well I was definitely close in assuming the shooting was around the corner from my house. It was actually right behind my house, across the empty lot, in the cul de sac on the other side. From what I gather there was a stand-off with the shooter barring himself up inside his house. He eventually came out with his arms up, but I don't know if anyone was actually hit. That was a couple hours ago now, so I think it's safe to leave the house.
Dude, have you thought of moving? It's amazing you yourself haven't gotten hurt yet. Just seems like you live in a really dangerous neighbourhood (Screw you American spelling!).

*looks outside. Sees snow. Grr*
Of course I have. I just can't afford to. The rent my parents charge me is several hundred dollars cheaper than most apartments around here. I also don't have to pay for utilities; just for food. The apartments I could afford are in the ghetto, while I'm sitting right on the outskirts of it.

My friend, whom I've known online for close to six years, actually offered to let me move in with him in Colorado. I considered it for a moment, but I'd be leaving wayyyyyy too much behind.

*change of topic* My mother and sister got up at 2 AM to go shopping. They woke me up in the process, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I got three hours of sleep on my day off.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

WindDragon
Templar Inner Circle

#5388 Post by WindDragon »

How many shootings have you heard now Cessna? :?

Anyways, up here in Lake Tahoe, the internet connection is terrible. I can't even keep a single chat running for more than a few minutes...

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#5389 Post by coal »

Oh my god, this is one of the most frustrating things in the world, I mean MSN + hilly terrain = phail. (;_;)

THIS SUCKS.

Ok one line of convo, before it fails again... (;_;)

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#5390 Post by Sage Asuka »

I love my dad, I seriously do...but he's killed his brain cells and it's near impossible to hold a conversation with him as 'he's always right and will talk over you to drown out your opinion because all that matters is his'. I'm trying to convince him that if he's going to get us Christmas gifts to invest in a PS2. That way we can pick up all the used PS and PS2 games we've never played like Jak and Daxter, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts at cheap prices and finally catch up on some good missed games. But no. It's too expensive. Instead he wants to buy my sister 'Sonic and Mario Winter Olympics' and just dump 3-4 D.S games on me. Which is alright and all but the fact that he chewed me out on how games are expensive and once again thinks he's the game guru and how I have poor choice in games just got me miffed. I do RESEARCH on these things. I ask my friends, get reviews, check out the games myself. He just goes 'oh hey look, Sonic!' and buys. I've told him time and time again that Sonic games are going downhill and not to touch them. Yet it seems everytime I come back and he's bought a game it's Sonic. And no one ever plays it. Because they're BAD. Old 2D Sonic ruled the day. New 3D Sonic needs to do some major revamping to be considered by this gamer.

Then I offered to pitch in a bit of money for the system since it being $100 was his major issue. Oh no, I get chewed out for that too because I shouldn't help pay for my own present :? Besides 'I wouldn't be able to play it'. Okay...but my sister can. 'No, she'd like Mario and Sonic better'. *facepalm* we can't ask her for an honest answer of her preferences.

Then my dad goes into how college expenses are getting worse each year and the debt student's are in is getting worse. So I voiced that I didn't understand their point since they were darn persistant that I buy my $1000 computer. If buying a computer was alright then why isn't pitching a lousy $100? But no, I can't spend my money on anything except school related stuff (let's ignore that this is completely hypocritical as they told me it's my money and had me buy Okami with it over summer because they told me to pay for that as well if I wanted it.). Then somehow this got into how when I've got a job I can go out and buy any game I want to because 'I'll be a rich engineer because I'm such a demand' . S:P erm...I might be in the college of engineering at my school but that doesn't make me an engineer. I'm only learning the basics of chem, math, and physics to get me by in animation. A true engineer has much different requirements from mine. But my dad wouldn't listen, I'm going to be a rich engineer living the life of luxury. So I told him no, that's not true. And referred back to a few people I listened to who were in the animation/graphic business. But he wouldn't listen and insisted that they only complain because they're riding around in brand new cars/homes/the like which makes their life rough :|

And last night was even worse. He was telling me how easy I had it now and that life would just get harder and I'd look back at this time and want to relive it. Er...currently I'm recovering from having 5+ years worth of panic disorder and extreme depression. Not to mention this is one of the hardest years I'm having academically. Freshman year in high school I was suicidal as well. So I told him I didn't want to relive this year. Middle School or perhaps later in college maybe, but not this year or anywhere between this and freshman year. My dad just talked over me and said I only think that now. He wouldn't shut up on how easy I had it so I went ahead and flat out told him about my depression and panic attacks. He didn't believe me and just said I had no reason to be depressed and was just faking it. *facepalm* So I try to explain depression to him and how it's just feeling upset and down with no motivation and there's no reason why you feel that way. You just DO. My mom knew of part of this, but for the most part I kept the panic attacks quiet so she was surprised to hear of this. My dad just kept going on and on about how I had no reason to be depressed and that it was only because there were so many material goods I wanted and couldn't have to make me feel that way (WHAT?!). So yeah...he just continued to talk over me and how 'depression' doesn't exist and I'm only doing it for attention and don't even know what it's like to feel upset because my problems are simple. If only he knew what the heck I live with. Yes, he has his own problems but mine are not to be brushed off as a child's issue. *sigh* yeah...not fun. And my mom won't stop lecturing me on the same stuff over and over about what I need to do to succeed in the future. I think after the first 5 times I'd understand the game plan mom.

Sorry for the long rant. Love my parents. Just...they're stressing me out right now.
Image Image Image Image

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#5391 Post by Holy_458 »

I just got back from seeing the new Christmas Carol movie.

Yeah....me mentioning that movie here should let you know that I think.
"It ain't gonna be no classic tellin. That be for sure."
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Wolven Carnus
Templar

#5392 Post by Wolven Carnus »

Holy_458 wrote:I just got back from seeing the new Christmas Carol movie.

Uh-oh. That's not good. :|
ImageImage
The Game.
Gotcha.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#5393 Post by coal »

Wolven Carnus wrote:

What did you expect, its a remake of a remake of ultimately a classic... The Muffets: a Christmas carol!

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#5394 Post by Holy_458 »

coal wrote:
Wolven Carnus wrote:

What did you expect, its a remake of a remake of ultimately a classic... The Muffets: a Christmas carol!
The Muppet's Christmas Carol has got to be one of the best versions of all time, but that's just my opinion.
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?

Wolven Carnus
Templar

#5395 Post by Wolven Carnus »

Holy_458 wrote:
coal wrote:
Wolven Carnus wrote:

The Muppet's Christmas Carol has got to be one of the best versions of all time, but that's just my opinion.
Mine also :kathrin:
Reason: It's the freakin' Muppets!
ImageImage
The Game.
Gotcha.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#5396 Post by coal »

Wolven Carnus wrote:
Holy_458 wrote:
coal wrote:
Wolven Carnus wrote:

Mine also :kathrin:
Reason: It's the freakin' Muppets!
Thats why I mentioned it! :grin:

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#5397 Post by Holy_458 »

Hey! ....lets stay on topic. [discussion moved]

Well, today I had to help with that wonderful little chore that comes with the holiday season. I had to go hang Christmas lights. :redhair:

Schnopps
Templar GrandMaster

#5398 Post by Schnopps »

Holy_458 wrote:Well, today I had to help with that wonderful little chore that comes with the holiday season. I had to go hang Christmas lights. :redhair:
Loathe hanging/setting up Christmas lights on the tree or putting them on little metal stakes into the ground. Strangely enough though I LOVE the act of untangling Christmas lights above all else. I can sit happily whittling away a good hour or two like an idiot just untangling a giant pile. Hate our lights on the tree though. They're the old kind where the whole string fails if even one goes out.

Wolven Carnus
Templar

#5399 Post by Wolven Carnus »

No people! You do not set up Christmas trees in November! *shakes head*
Then again, I don't 'celebrate' Christmas, so... disregard my advice.
ImageImage
The Game.
Gotcha.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#5400 Post by coal »

Wolven Carnus wrote:No people! You do not set up Christmas trees in November! *shakes head*
Then again, I don't 'celebrate' Christmas, so... disregard my advice.
No you don't !!! I usually wait for 3 days before christmas personally... Before I do anything. Like setting up the tree.
>.>
<.<
And I think my family are stealing my gum behind my back...