Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Dlemon
Grand Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#5566 Post by Dlemon »

Get a needle and a pair of tweezers and work at gettin' it out. I've had that happen to me before and it's a real pain.

WindDragon
Templar Inner Circle

#5567 Post by WindDragon »

aww :?
Oh well...I guess I'll have to do that...

Ike1694
New Citizen

#5568 Post by Ike1694 »

well if you keep it in there it will become infected so you haven't much a choice do you. Well good luck there I had actually a little bigger that a splinter in my thumb but I ramed my thumb into something and it just got it. It did hurt but if I left it in there it would never have healed back to the way it was.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#5569 Post by FastChapter »

Wisconsin's no longer under a winter storm warning, but instead its been upgraded to a statewide blizzard warning until Thursday. I heard the governor actually declared a state of emergency, though most of us Wisconsinites are laughing. A few feet of snow isn't going to stop us! Bring on the drifts! We're polishing our sleds and stocking our liquor cabinets for the big blow.

I do have to fuel up the snow plow, though. *grumble*

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#5570 Post by PhycoKrusk »

FastChapter wrote:We're polishing our sleds and stocking our liquor cabinets for the big blow.
Is that code for something, or did you just not proof-read it before hitting "Submit?" :D

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#5571 Post by JediGuy »

Yeah, but Fast, you're getting FEET of snow. FEET. I would die a happy Fox if I could see that much near my house.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#5572 Post by Verilidaine »

Aw, now I miss my Wisconsin winter trips. :( Those were the best, especially out at my grandma's house. Sigh.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#5573 Post by FastChapter »

PhycoKrusk wrote:
FastChapter wrote:We're polishing our sleds and stocking our liquor cabinets for the big blow.
Is that code for something, or did you just not proof-read it before hitting "Submit?" :D
:P Yep, that's code for hitting the hills with a good sled and curling up with a good book later on with a glass of rum & cola.
JediGuy1490 wrote:Yeah, but Fast, you're getting FEET of snow. FEET. I would die a happy Fox if I could see that much near my house.
I don't mind that much, if it weren't coming down so quickly. Right now it isn't so bad. If it gets crazy I'll snap some photos for you guys. My hometown is notorious for being forecast feet of snow, only to get dusted while Wausau gets absolutely buried a half hour north of us. XD
Verilidaine wrote:Aw, now I miss my Wisconsin winter trips. :( Those were the best, especially out at my grandma's house. Sigh.
;) I'd invite you out here to visit but I think inviting a gal over may cause confusion.

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#5574 Post by JediGuy »

I know exactly what you're talking about with the forcasts, Fast. 'Specially during my High School years, I swear, St. Louis had this "Anti-snow Bubble" as I like to cal it. We wuld LITERALLY get snow everywhere EXCEPT HERE. It ruined many a potential snowday (;_;)
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#5575 Post by Valbrandur »

Yay, fricking fantastic.

I just finished my English test and I almost wasn't allowed to turn it in because I didn't have an I.D because I've never been given one.

I was so annoyed I felt like hitting someone.

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#5576 Post by Verilidaine »

...I don't think there could be any confusion about you, Fasty. ;)

Sad on topic bit: I'm only at 3/8 pages for my paper. Ugh. Death death death. I cannot think of anything to write that isn't painfully obvious or horribly boring. We read something like 12 books this semester and the prompt is just, "Write an 8 - 10 page analysis about one or more of the works we read." Um. Thanks. >.<

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#5577 Post by Sebbie »

I woke up at 7:30 this morning for class, only to look outside and see maybe half a foot of snow, and a lot more falling (which is quite a lot for the area at this time of year). So I log on to the UMass website to see how long classes were cancelled, and there were no cancellations at all. Which was terrible, because I had class at 9:05, during which I had to turn in a homework, and I was snowed in behind a wall of packed snow from the snowplows. So I said screw it, sent my professor an E-mail telling him I'd hand in the homework later, and went back to bed.

And now, time for shoveling.

Still love the snow though :grin:
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#5578 Post by Silver Seren »

*facepalms* One of my biggest pet peeves is when something happens in a story (i'm referencing this page as my annoyance by the way) that is so blatantly obvious as to what is going on that isn't being said and everyone on the forum or whatever discussion place there is for it completely misses it and takes the absolute wrong viewpoint.

It's just so...aggravating! *pulls out hair*

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#5579 Post by Verilidaine »

That page sort of broke my heart and made me really happy at the same time. What are people saying about it??

...now I sort of hesitated to add my interpretation, in case I see it the same way as they did. I don't go on the Khaos forums, though.

Ike1694
New Citizen

#5580 Post by Ike1694 »

I have to wait and see if I can get that two kinds book one for Christmas.

I'd rather own the book rather than having to wait for it to load.