Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21796 Post by Warrl »

Here's the question: how much should a random individual be permitted - not compelled - to pay an artist or other performer for the privilege of experiencing either the process or the result of the artist's work?

If you say 25 cents, you're going to make a lot of doctors unhappy and a lot of NFL players very happy - because the NFL players do their stuff in front of a great many more people than doctors do, and at 25 cents per viewer most players would be getting a very large pay increase while at 25 cents per patient the average doctor would barely be able to keep eating and to occasionally buy some new clothes at Goodwill (and most of them want to have housing, and have heat lights and water in that house, and...)

Now here's the REAL question: why do you think you, the government, or anyone else should be permitted to establish such a payment cap?

NOBODY is overpaying for Tom's work - since their payment is strictly voluntary, if they thought they were overpaying they would either pay less or stop paying at all. You have no say in whether they are paying too much, too little, or just enough; that's between them and Tom.

And certainly you have no say in whether the number of people paying is too high, too low, or just right, beyond the decision of whether or not you are included in that number.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#21797 Post by SirSlaughter »

Zakkerus wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Isn't one's body already considered a temple or a shrine of sorts to some people?

And yes, heh, I suppose this is becoming rather lengthy, isn't it? Who knew I'd cause so much controversy by being a naysayer to certain monetary things? (I for one kind of figured, since, you know, the site I'm on and such.)

(I also figured out how to properly use the quoting function, I think. *claps hands together*)
....touche.

Also, seeing as this has gotten so much talk going on, perhaps it may be time to turn this into its own topic? Once you get this much discussion going on its better to get it in its own thread rather than flood this one with the debate.

Zakkerus
Banned
Banned

#21798 Post by Zakkerus »

ThunderVolt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:26 am
SirSlaughter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 am
Zakkerus wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Isn't one's body already considered a temple or a shrine of sorts to some people?

And yes, heh, I suppose this is becoming rather lengthy, isn't it? Who knew I'd cause so much controversy by being a naysayer to certain monetary things? (I for one kind of figured, since, you know, the site I'm on and such.)

(I also figured out how to properly use the quoting function, I think. *claps hands together*)
....touche.

Also, seeing as this has gotten so much talk going on, perhaps it may be time to turn this into its own topic? Once you get this much discussion going on its better to get it in its own thread rather than flood this one with the debate.
Agreed. I want to have room to rant about the fact that I'm flooded with personal projects and have no time to do them due to my sister's constant last-minute schedule-changing
Okay then. So, a topic about this money and coloring thing? I suppose that it should go in the "Ranting Board" too, yes? I mean, if everyone is satisfied about were their two cents lay in the little debate, then I guess I won't make one. If people want two continue it, then I suppose I can make one, so that this one can go back to being about other rants.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#21799 Post by Kellard »

I hate being in public.
Today I went out with my family and for the biggest part of the day all I could think about was containing my anxiety attack and not starting to laugh like a madman, or gagging because of the nausea. I didn't even want to move. I just find it horrible be in an area where everyone can see me.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21800 Post by Him »

My old high school was just shot up and I am working on it. A lot of crying families. [censored].

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#21801 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Him wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm My old high school was just shot up and I am working on it. A lot of crying families. [censored].
Thats a real tragic. :(

I gonna add my rant now thats around the same stuff, the furry clan im in for a game has alot of USA people furs, and we talked yesterday about how guns are / aint good. And now I come on here to read that while i was pretty much the only one that was against it.

I feel my point been proven now and im sorry for you. Him :?
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21802 Post by Him »

Yesterday was a long day. There were three killed including the shooter.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#21803 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Just got rejected from my #1 college. Again. https://streamable.com/qmyaw

Just shoot me right in the face fam
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#21804 Post by Cyon »

TheFrozenSlime wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:04 pm Just got rejected from my #1 college. Again. https://streamable.com/qmyaw

Just shoot me right in the face fam
I've just submitted my application, hoping for the best but I know I'll most likely not get in.

That, and I have 3 literature exams in the coming week. Somebody end me...
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#21805 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I am really stressing over the Net Neutrality vote later today (as it's 12:50 AM here) and it hasn't even happened yet. I spend most if not all of my free time using the internet in some way, and I have no idea what I'd do if my home ISP and my mobile ISP just goes "hey, this website you've been on 80% of the time, you can still use it if you pay us $30 a month." And since I keep thinking about it I'm scared, sad, and angry all at the same time and I have a final to take tomorrow so my mind may not be in the "mode" to take that.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21806 Post by Akira110 »

On Christmas Day, my godfather had a stroke. This wasn't a minor stroke either, it was a major one, on the back of the right side of his brain. He's currently in the hospital and we don't know much of anything else right now other than the fact that he's more than likely totally blind now.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Rekats Rovert
Templar GrandMaster

#21807 Post by Rekats Rovert »

I'm so old
how'd ten years get behind me, was like yesterday I was active here
Now everyone I would talk to is a ghost

Like kids reading this, advice, make some connections while you're making memories here

Whatever I'm coming out on New Years day, holla.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#21808 Post by Neptune »

Rekats Rovert wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:48 am Image

I'm so old
how'd ten years get behind me, was like yesterday I was active here
Now everyone I would talk to is a ghost

Like kids reading this, advice, make some connections while you're making memories here

Whatever I'm coming out on New Years day, holla.
Time goes slow when you experience it, but when you look back it all seems to have gone fast, though it hasn't. Hope you had a great ten years. :)
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Rekats Rovert
Templar GrandMaster

#21809 Post by Rekats Rovert »

Neptune wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm
Time goes slow when you experience it, but when you look back it all seems to have gone fast, though it hasn't. Hope you had a great ten years. :)
Like, obvi if I knew what I know now I'd go back and do it all over again, but overall I think I did alright. Got educated in various ways, found love a couple times, I think I'm pretty stable with life now.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#21810 Post by Neptune »

Rekats Rovert wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:22 pm
Neptune wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm
Like, obvi if I knew what I know now I'd go back and do it all over again, but overall I think I did alright. Got educated in various ways, found love a couple times, I think I'm pretty stable with life now.
Hope I can get a good job when I'm older.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?