Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21736 Post by tony1695 »

Well [censored] you Australia Post
That package I spent $100AUD on ($80USD at the time it was sent) is missing because you [censored] can't manage your [censored] sorting facilities.
I just hope Star City Games sorts out a refund quickly...
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21737 Post by Him »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 amI just hope Star City Games sorts out a refund quickly...
Ouch, sorry to hear that happened, Tony. What cards did you order?

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21738 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Put a dent in my fancy new rims today, which I just got last monday :evil:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21739 Post by tony1695 »

Him wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:44 pm
tony1695 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 amI just hope Star City Games sorts out a refund quickly...
Ouch, sorry to hear that happened, Tony. What cards did you order?
The only one of any real value is Wheel of Fortune.
Gentlementlemen

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#21740 Post by Cyon »

The first webcomic I ever came across, Off-white, went on indefinite hiatus last month and I'm still not over it. Yeah I'm probably overly sentimental about it but it had a serious impact on where I am today, and I was hoping to one day get a printed copy.

RIP
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#21741 Post by hands_of_stealth »

The realization that I am getting older, my friends are maturing and my parents are inching ever closer to leaving me forever.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#21742 Post by Sage Asuka »

I rise from the dead to say...guess who's got a hurricane coming up their doorstep?
Image Image Image Image

NuclearBird
Master

#21743 Post by NuclearBird »

Sage Asuka wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm I rise from the dead to say...guess who's got a hurricane coming up their doorstep?
Try not to die, okay. You're not scheduled for another few decades at the least.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21744 Post by Dadrobit »

NuclearBird wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:51 pm
Sage Asuka wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm I rise from the dead to say...guess who's got a hurricane coming up their doorstep?
Try not to die, okay. You're not scheduled for another few decades at the least.
Aye, got family out in hurricane country myself, stay safe Sage!

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#21745 Post by FrogSteaks »

Not sure where exactly you are, but you may want to consider evacing if you haven't done so already. Either way, I hope it doesn't get too bad. Please be safe
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#21746 Post by Sage Asuka »

FrogSteaks wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 am
Not sure where exactly you are, but you may want to consider evacing if you haven't done so already. Either way, I hope it doesn't get too bad. Please be safe
Couldn't evacuate because I'm with my family and they refused to move. Technically we're on high ground that wouldn't be effected by flooding so evacuation wasn't mandatory. That being said, hurricane track is kinda gonna go right over my house by evening so I guess I'll get to see a hurricane eye.
Image Image Image Image

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#21747 Post by Ryusen »

Sage Asuka wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:19 pmTechnically we're on high ground that wouldn't be effected by flooding so evacuation wasn't mandatory.
We've lived through plenty of hurricanes down here, and high ground is a luxury afforded to a lucky few. Assuming the floodwater isn't a concern, the second biggest would be trees and debris winding up harpooning through your windows. Drilling into brick or vinyl really isn't too hard, and a few sheets of plywood should keep the windows safe. Hurricane-proof shutters would be ideal, but they're expensive as all get-out, so plywood is a good backup.

Of course it wouldn't have mattered during Hugo, as we had 20' and 30'+ boats being picked up and tossed hundreds of feet inland. Imagine having to make an insurance claim because your neighbor's Catalina ended up in your kitchen? I guess it would be filed under ship rekt?
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#21748 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Gabriel of creosha wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:13 am
hands_of_stealth wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:37 am The realization that I am getting older, my friends are maturing and my parents are inching ever closer to leaving me forever.
Sad to hear, stealth. Sometimes wish I could just turn bsck the hands of time and relive my youth a bit here and there. Time marches forward though, and we must keep moving.
Hey Gabriel, long time no see. :flora:

Yeah, it's something about time that I gotta accept... But it's also something I can't help but think about sometimes, you know? (even more so now)

Anyways, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21749 Post by Akira110 »

Hurricane Irma has gone through Georgia... cutting a wide and bloody swath through it. Only 10% of the residents lost power... I've lost internet as have many others, but... the fact that... this was the first time a state of emergency was called for the entire state. The fact that my old hometown had a tropical storm warning. The destruction I've seen images of and will probably see when I go for my morning walk tomorrow... gods... it feels like a nightmare I wanna wake up from, but can't. I may have escaped physically unharmed but mentally and emotionally? I just want to curl into a tight ball and cry...
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21750 Post by tony1695 »

Today, I was shown more concern for my mental health by my coworkers than my parents ever have. Something about that just doesn't feel right at all.
Gentlementlemen