Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21646 Post by SirJahar »

I seriously feel ill. I have a (low) feaver, gut problems, couldn't sleep this morning... And I can't take off work or I lose my health care coverage. My boss has us by the balls like that. I miss even one day and I'm on my own.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#21647 Post by Warrl »

SirJahar wrote:I seriously feel ill. I have a (low) feaver, gut problems, couldn't sleep this morning... And I can't take off work or I lose my health care coverage. My boss has us by the balls like that. I miss even one day and I'm on my own.
In a fine example of penny-wise and pound-foolish, he's set things up to encourage you to come to work (even while sick) where you can work less effectively than normal - and also spread whatever you've got to everyone else who works there, so they will all do the same thing in a few days.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21648 Post by SirJahar »

Warrl wrote: In a fine example of penny-wise and pound-foolish, he's set things up to encourage you to come to work (even while sick) where you can work less effectively than normal - and also spread whatever you've got to everyone else who works there, so they will all do the same thing in a few days.
I think I'm the last one to catch whatever this is, this time.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#21649 Post by SirSlaughter »

So I've been on this forum for a little over 6 years. I've seen people come and go, I've met several of you in real life now, I've been here through the death of at least one member that I spoke to personally, I've been here through my "stupid" stage all the way up to now and I'm deeply troubled.
It concerns specific members of this forum and in particular one member that disappeared from here roughly 2 years ago. I'm legit worried about some people here because of things like the health issues some of you speak of, home situations, and in the rare case, the issues of war on some of your doorsteps or already at the doorstep. I know of one such member that the last big thing that they posted involved mortars being fired upon their city and the fact that they more or less forced into the military.

that was roughly 2 years ago and there has been no peep of that person since then. I understand that many of you will and do move on from this place as you have way more important things to do that chat on a random forum with a bunch of oddballs. However, to leave off on something like that and poof into nothing...I just really hope this person is alive and well because they were handed such a [censored] situation and I wish things could have been better for them at that time.

It just really sucks not knowing what happened and that the worst is an option on the table of possible scenarios.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21650 Post by Dadrobit »

SirSlaughter wrote:So I've been on this forum for a little over 6 years. I've seen people come and go, I've met several of you in real life now, I've been here through the death of at least one member that I spoke to personally, I've been here through my "stupid" stage all the way up to now and I'm deeply troubled.
It concerns specific members of this forum and in particular one member that disappeared from here roughly 2 years ago. I'm legit worried about some people here because of things like the health issues some of you speak of, home situations, and in the rare case, the issues of war on some of your doorsteps or already at the doorstep. I know of one such member that the last big thing that they posted involved mortars being fired upon their city and the fact that they more or less forced into the military.

that was roughly 2 years ago and there has been no peep of that person since then. I understand that many of you will and do move on from this place as you have way more important things to do that chat on a random forum with a bunch of oddballs. However, to leave off on something like that and poof into nothing...I just really hope this person is alive and well because they were handed such a [censored] situation and I wish things could have been better for them at that time.

It just really sucks not knowing what happened and that the worst is an option on the table of possible scenarios.
Yep, goodness do I know exactly how you feel.

I had a PSN gaming buddy named David_Allen. We played together pretty much every day for years. He left for basic training back in 2011 and said he wouldn't be back on for a while. That was the last I heard from him. I still have him on my friends list. Just in case...

Did have a happy ending with a similar situation though. Another friend suddenly stopped playing last year with zero explanation. Turns out he had a misdiagnosed illness that went real bad. After some time had passed, I got a message saying that he was gonna go through a surgery with a terrible chance that he wasn't going to make it as the alternative was zero. But after another month of silence, he finally made it back.

So yeah, I agree. It's a weird concept that the internet has given us. We have legitimately close friends, people that we communicate with on a daily basis, but when things go sour and we lose access to that communication, it's like we're completely isolated.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21651 Post by SirJahar »

Dadrobit wrote: So yeah, I agree. It's a weird concept that the internet has given us. We have legitimately close friends, people that we communicate with on a daily basis, but when things go sour and we lose access to that communication, it's like we're completely isolated.
We could be their closest friends and in most cases the family wouldn't even think to contact us, because we didn't know them face-to-face.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#21652 Post by The Rookie »

I brought up a similar subject about a year ago now call "Death and social media."

This is something that has cross my mind a lot over the years, so as morbid as it sounds, I've prepared for some one to contact you guys if something were to go terribly wrong...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21653 Post by Dadrobit »

The Rookie wrote:I brought up a similar subject about a year ago now call "Death and social media."

This is something that has cross my mind a lot over the years, so as morbid as it sounds, I've prepared for some one to contact you guys if something were to go terribly wrong...
I recall that. Meant to set something up, but still haven't. I really should....

OT:

Having a kitten is great! They're fantastic at being early warning detection systems for mice!

It works by them jumping up on you mid-nap and dropping a dead mouse on your chest!

Splendid....

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21654 Post by Dadrobit »

More ranting!

I am livid.

On the way to work tonight, I got cut off during a left turn at a light and was forced to swerve to avoid hitting the person. The swerve slammed me into the median and blew out my rear left tire. The guy/girl sped off before I could read their license plate so I'm [censored] outta luck.

Now I need to head into a shop before class tomorrow when I was planning on finishing up a project.

Livid truly does not encapsulate my rage at the moment. All I can do is sit in my guard house and stew on it...

The tire.
Spoiler!

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21655 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Aw crap. Same thing happened to my mum a few years back, downhill.
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21656 Post by Akira110 »

So we had 23 tornadoes rip through the southeast yesterday, most of which were NEAR WHERE I [censored] LIVE. So, I had been saying, "Well wednesday is still the second chance for severe weather to [censored] up where I live."
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Keep in mind when we became little tornado alley, that was both enhanced and 30%. 23 tornadoes. Most of which were near where I lived. So yay. We're going to become NEW Tornado Alley tomorrow.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21657 Post by SirJahar »

Well, this day took a nosedive.
we have to take our dog to be put down tomorrow.
He's 12 years old.
We were reported by the renovation crew next door for "Animal Neglect" because he's un-groomed.
To get him up to legal, he would need a full trip to the vet for shots, and to be sedated to be trimmed because he's a bitter.
So that would take $250+
The fines for Animal neglect? $1000+

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#21658 Post by Myperson54 »

I'd actually meant to post something yesterday, but given the circumstances.... Well, today is fine.

It's been exactly (give or take a few days) a year since MrFlyingAmoeba passed away and it's been on my mind as a result recently. It's hard to believe we've gone a full year without him, and yet, here we are.

Guess I don't have anything insightful to say, not out loud at least. It's just been on my mind. It's hard to forget a friend as good as him.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

DocCralioc
Citizen

#21659 Post by DocCralioc »

(I can't find the politics thread so I'll probably Need to use this one to make some space for my personal Anger)
Erdogan has won the Referendum in Turkey with around 51 to 53 percent of the total votes.
A politician who wants to re-introduce the death sentence is now getting more and more power.
(And I am pretty sure that 'someone' has manipulated this election, I am sorry for annoying you with politics)

It just makes me sick

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21660 Post by Dadrobit »

I love my classes, I really do. But for [censored] sake, I hate the equipment.

I have been having issues with the Mac workstation this entire friggin' semester. Constant crashing of programs, programs not functioning properly, and data corruption has legitimately hurt my grades from having to recreate days and sometimes weeks worth of progress halfway through deadlines due to these problems.

The whole time the excuse has been that, "because these computers are brand new this semester, they still have to iron out all the new computer compatibility kinks that sometimes create problems with these programs."

Well finally today, they figured out the core issue that I've been struggling with this entire time. When ProTools crashed, (again) for whatever reason, every file down two levels deep across the entire computer lost its name as well. The files are still there, they are just completely nameless. Resetting had no effect.

"You know what Dadrobit? I think it's just the computer at this point. We're going to have to replace this workstation ASAP."

Well that woulda' been real [censored]' useful a few weeks ago when data loss [censored] me to the point that I straight up couldn't finish half of a month long project that failed on me and got me a [censored] grade there because of it!

Really really legitimately pissed about this.