Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21541 Post by Dadrobit »

Have been combatting a sinus infection for a bit here. It's gone from bad to worse and has begun to spread. Seeing emergency help as I type...

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#21542 Post by TinyVoices »

Dadrobit wrote:Have been combatting a sinus infection for a bit here. It's gone from bad to worse and has begun to spread. Seeing emergency help as I type...
It seems as though sinus infections are incredibly common this cycle. I personally know 4 people who have them. Normally it's just 1 or 2 tops that I hear about within such a short time.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21543 Post by Dadrobit »

Update.

Woke up earlier in the day to explosive pain throughout my face. Tried to ignore it and just kept on the antibiotics my doctor gave me a few days ago. Then I started to leak blood and got to the hospital asap.

The infection managed to get to a point that it is legitimately dangerous to my health even with the amoxicillin I was on. Currently admitted to the local hospital hooked up to some IV antibiotics and painkillers. Will be here for a few days at least while we get this under control.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#21544 Post by kiabugboy »

Dadrobit wrote:Update.

Woke up earlier in the day to explosive pain throughout my face. Tried to ignore it and just kept on the antibiotics my doctor gave me a few days ago. Then I started to leak blood and got to the hospital asap.

The infection managed to get to a point that it is legitimately dangerous to my health even with the amoxicillin I was on. Currently admitted to the local hospital hooked up to some IV antibiotics and painkillers. Will be here for a few days at least while we get this under control.
Don't die man...

Blueemerald
Apprentice

#21545 Post by Blueemerald »

Oh gosh, i really hope you turn out okay

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21546 Post by Jonesy »

Hope you get well soon.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21547 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Damn Daedro, thats some serious [censored] :o

Get well soon, here, have some Nibbly to help you :squirrel:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

amenon
Grand Templar

#21548 Post by amenon »

Freaking hell! You better be okay, you hear? :?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#21549 Post by FrogSteaks »

Holy damn man, that's not good at all. I hope everything goes as well as it can. *hugs Dadro* Please keep us updated if you can, okay.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

MoonSticks
Master

#21550 Post by MoonSticks »

We are here for you okay? *Hugs* get well soon
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#21551 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Wow, that's a lot worse than what I'm about to talk about...

OT: So early this morning (like 3-4 AM) my jaw started popping just by moving it. It has since stopped, but went to the dentist to have it checked out. He thinks I have this disorder thing I can't remember the name of (in layman's terms, he called it a loose jaw) where the muscles and tendons and stuff around the jaw joint are loose, probably from over-work, and is making it easier for the cartilage in the joint to slide out, which the jaw popping over that was causing the popping. He said that it could cause pretty bad problems later, such as pain and not being able to open/close my mouth.

He also said with how early it is, there is a treatment that could fix everything, but it's really expensive. and if it develops further, it will reduce the chances of success.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#21552 Post by Foxx Trotter »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:

OT: So early this morning (like 3-4 AM) my jaw started popping just by moving it. It has since stopped, but went to the dentist to have it checked out. He thinks I have this disorder thing I can't remember the name of (in layman's terms, he called it a loose jaw) where the muscles and tendons and stuff around the jaw joint are loose, probably from over-work, and is making it easier for the cartilage in the joint to slide out, which the jaw popping over that was causing the popping. He said that it could cause pretty bad problems later, such as pain and not being able to open/close my mouth.

He also said with how early it is, there is a treatment that could fix everything, but it's really expensive. and if it develops further, it will reduce the chances of success.
I believe this is close to it, TMD. Hopefully, it's not too bad.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... c-20209398
Videre videnda.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#21553 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Foxx Trotter wrote:
DarkTheImmortal wrote:

I believe this is close to it, TMD. Hopefully, it's not too bad.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... c-20209398
That's it. That's what the doctor said, just couldn't remember it.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21554 Post by Dadrobit »

First off, thanks all for the well wishes. Seriously, it means a lot.

Update:

So this all started form a really aggressive sinus infection. The sinus infection was so bad that it literally busted open a hole in my sinuses. This is what caused the bleeding.

But then with the open wound right there, the infection was able to spread into my bloodstream causing something called "sepsis". Basically the infection spread beyond the point of origin and then got access to the rest of my body. Generally a "very bad thing" as my doctor put it.

Luckily, I got to the hospital quickly and was already on amoxicillin which helped it from being something much much worse. Still not a good thing, but it could have been really really bad.

We're currently trying to kill off the infection in my blood asap with an antibiotic cocktail, but the doctor says that they might have to do some testing around my sinuses to see if any parts of my skull have spots of infection and need to be removed surgically when I'm healthier overall. Hopefully not.

The past couple of days have sucked, but I'm feeling a bit better as of last night and this morning, (minus the nausea) so hopefully I can get out of this mostly unscathed.

amenon
Grand Templar

#21555 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote:Update:
Hang in there, and kick this thing's [censored]. I'm a little terrified for you :?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]: