Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#20791 Post by Warrl »

Take that "things that don't require much chewing" and think about likely causes of such a preference. You could maybe, for example, use a small crock pot to turn your steak potatoes & veggies today into her stew tomorrow. Or if she still has her own teeth & hasn't had them checked on or professionally cleaned for several years, maybe you could arrange that.

(Adjust to budgets & other considerations, of course.)

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#20792 Post by SirJahar »

She has her teeth, needs them checked, and has never had good taste. Trust me, the whole family hates her cooking ("Come on, grandma! Cooking is supposed to be something grannies are good at!!!") to the point that we don't trust her to make things for family get-togethers. She lives on her own, is not yet to the point of needing assisted living, and is too stubborn to listen to criticism from her family. She also refuses to learn any new skills (She has a smart phone and refuses to learn how to use it, but insists on having it over a 'dumb' phone) and bothers us all the time to do things for her ("How do I put a new picture on my Facebook?" She's been shown more than ten times).
Despite the fact that she gave my mother life, I really don't like this woman. I'm not like Spero is with his mom, but I do not like her. At all.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20793 Post by nsamok6620 »

SirJahar wrote:She has her teeth, needs them checked, and has never had good taste. Trust me, the whole family hates her cooking ("Come on, grandma! Cooking is supposed to be something grannies are good at!!!") to the point that we don't trust her to make things for family get-togethers. She lives on her own, is not yet to the point of needing assisted living, and is too stubborn to listen to criticism from her family. She also refuses to learn any new skills (She has a smart phone and refuses to learn how to use it, but insists on having it over a 'dumb' phone) and bothers us all the time to do things for her ("How do I put a new picture on my Facebook?" She's been shown more than ten times).
Despite the fact that she gave my mother life, I really don't like this woman. I'm not like Spero is with his mom, but I do not like her. At all.
If she's living on her own than this really doesn't apply, but with my grandmother, who very much relies on us, we give her pretty much whatever she wants. Unfortunately this did lead to a small health complication that landed her in the hospital for a couple days, but it worked itself out in the end. now she just can't have a slab of butter in her soup, and can't have doughnuts every day for breakfast. Just most days.

As far as asking for help goes, how old is she? My grandma has asked me more times than I can could what I do at my job, do I like it, are there any other young people working there, where does my girlfriend live, what does she do, ect. Her memory just isn't as good as it used to be. One time she even told me she knows she's asked before but she just couldn't remember what I said. I should be grateful her English is holding up as well as it is. English is the last language she learned and she knows many. Some better than others. The worst thing that ever happens with that is she will start speaking to me in Ukrainian and I will have to wait for her to finish and then politely tell her that it wasn't English and she will repeat herself in English.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#20794 Post by SirJahar »

The only language she has ever spoken is English, she's 70-ish, and she has never had a good memory.
And I wouldn't mind helping her out so much if she could just give me some advance notice! You know, like not calling up at 1:30 in the afternoon asking that I come over and cut her grass, then and there!
And I feel bad complaining about her, as she's the only living grand parent I have left, but she has burned through way more of my patience than any other thing in my life.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#20795 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

I could go without wasps flying right in front of my face in the mornings. I've also been getting this really stupid Windows/Chrome bug (can't tell which) where if I fullscreen a video in Chrome (youtube or otherwise), it'll make my taskbar disappear behind the Chrome window (I keep my taksbar in autohide mode).
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

midnightblink
Council Member

#20796 Post by midnightblink »

Oh my gosh, so part of this online assignment I'm doing for school is looking at advertisements to deconstruct their purpose, and they showed a billboard that says "Evolution is a Fairy Tale for Grown Ups", along with the url scienceprovesit.com, so I totally had to check this out. Of course, it a creationist thing, but one of the first sentences made me immediately face palm and stop reading

"Modern science clearly demonstrates that evolution’s so-called power to turn a frog into a man is as nonsensical as the fairy-tale kiss from a princess turning a frog into a prince."

Just... no words can be said about the amount of ignorance and misinformation there had to have been for someone to write this sentence.

Edit: AAAAHHH, I READ A FEW MORE SENTENCES IN AND IT JUST GOT WORSE.
Primum Non Nocere

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20797 Post by nsamok6620 »

I'm being blackmailed by the state of Michigan lol.

Ok, so a couple weeks ago I got a ticket. Ended up just being 5 over thanks to the cop not being a hard [censored]. Well apparently that is worth two points on my license. No idea how that works since I've gotten 5 over before and it did nothing.

Well yesterday I got a letter from the secretary of state telling me that if I payed to take some class and passed they would remove the points from my record and more importantly not tell my insurance.

That's blackmail. Give us money and we won't tell = blackmail.

If I had been doing something worse or just stupid I could understand a class. But what is it going to tell me? Don't speed? Yeah I get it.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#20798 Post by SirSlaughter »

nsamok6620 wrote:I'm being blackmailed by the state of Michigan lol.

Ok, so a couple weeks ago I got a ticket. Ended up just being 5 over thanks to the cop not being a hard [censored]. Well apparently that is worth two points on my license. No idea how that works since I've gotten 5 over before and it did nothing.

Well yesterday I got a letter from the secretary of state telling me that if I payed to take some class and passed they would remove the points from my record and more importantly not tell my insurance.

That's blackmail. Give us money and we won't tell = blackmail.

If I had been doing something worse or just stupid I could understand a class. But what is it going to tell me? Don't speed? Yeah I get it.
That's actually standard practice right there. The same thing happened to me a few years back. It was when I still had my yellow Fiesta. I was like 8 over or something like that but they told me if I took their class they would more or less erase the ticket.

It's also a good idea to take it because you will also receive a certificate for completing the safe drivers course. You know what that does? It lowers your insurance rate on top of keeping your ticket under the rug. So as much as it appears to be blackmail, it's actually a good idea if you wanna save money in the long run.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20799 Post by nsamok6620 »

Rockstar servers are down for every system. And on the day of a new GTA online update too. Was really looking forward to playing that today...
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Bon
Master

#20800 Post by Bon »

I have owned GTA V for so long and have barely played it xD only played a few single player missions and a few multiplayer missions

Add/Follow me on anything :flora:

Steam!

Twitter!

Facebook!

Twitch!

PSN: IBonsly

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#20801 Post by minime »

Bon wrote:I have owned GTA V for so long and have barely played it xD only played a few single player missions and a few multiplayer missions
What level did you get to? i may end up going on it again with friends now there has been an update.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20802 Post by nsamok6620 »

SperoWolf wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:Rockstar servers are down for every system. And on the day of a new GTA online update too. Was really looking forward to playing that today...
Let me know if any of the new stuff is worth playing
From what I could gather in the short time I played before the servers [censored] the bed is that it is pretty much like the VIP work but bigger. I think. I didn't get to do any of the new stuff but I beleive that is all it is. Instead of a VIP you are a CEO. You can by fancy multi-million dollar offices around the city and stuff. A few new cars, aircraft, and boats as well. Really the only thing I got to take advantage of was several firearms now have drum magazines that significantly increase capacity.

I'm hoping the CEO jobs will be worth playing, but honestly I'm not a big fan of PvP stuff. Especially in the entirely unstructured free mode of GTA.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Bon
Master

#20803 Post by Bon »

SperoWolf wrote:
Bon wrote:I have owned GTA V for so long and have barely played it xD only played a few single player missions and a few multiplayer missions
You as pro at it as you are at Black Ops 3? XP
Excuse me but i will have yo know i am a master!

I have always wanted to play like a playlist of races and PVP maps xD they always look so fun xD I think it would be cool for us to play together cx

Add/Follow me on anything :flora:

Steam!

Twitter!

Facebook!

Twitch!

PSN: IBonsly

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20804 Post by nsamok6620 »

SperoWolf wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:From what I could gather in the short time I played before the servers [censored] the bed is that it is pretty much like the VIP work but bigger. I think. I didn't get to do any of the new stuff but I beleive that is all it is. Instead of a VIP you are a CEO. You can by fancy multi-million dollar offices around the city and stuff. A few new cars, aircraft, and boats as well. Really the only thing I got to take advantage of was several firearms now have drum magazines that significantly increase capacity.

I'm hoping the CEO jobs will be worth playing, but honestly I'm not a big fan of PvP stuff. Especially in the entirely unstructured free mode of GTA.
So no new heists? Well, that's a bummer
No lol. Nothing that big. They would make a huge deal about it if new heists ever came out.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Zylver
Grand Templar

#20805 Post by Zylver »

What the bloody hell is wrong with the site? :/ It doesn't seem to load and if it does, it's kinda broken....

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus