Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#20776 Post by Bellhead »

nsamok6620 wrote:I knew I was forgetting to post something here! I can't hear from my right ear! This used to happen to me all the time as a kid, and it happened one in college because I was on the rifle team and was putting earplugs in every day. But I don't even wear ear bud style headphones any more, this is just completely random and really annoying.
Could it be ear wax buildup? That's what it was for me.

You could try using hydrogen peroxide, and letting it sit in your ear for about 15 minutes, or you could look at the local pharmacy for a kit that squirts water into your ear canal. Or just head to the doctor's and have them cleaned.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20777 Post by nsamok6620 »

Bellhead wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:I knew I was forgetting to post something here! I can't hear from my right ear! This used to happen to me all the time as a kid, and it happened one in college because I was on the rifle team and was putting earplugs in every day. But I don't even wear ear bud style headphones any more, this is just completely random and really annoying.
Could it be ear wax buildup? That's what it was for me.

You could try using hydrogen peroxide, and letting it sit in your ear for about 15 minutes, or you could look at the local pharmacy for a kit that squirts water into your ear canal. Or just head to the doctor's and have them cleaned.
That's what it was, and that's what I did several times. And then I did the other thing and they took care of it lol. I made a post in the smile thread already. It was funny when I got in my car it sounded different and I thought something was loose somewhere or something, but it was actually just being able to hear again lol.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#20778 Post by kiabugboy »

People seem a bit sad in the forum lately....
And it's been troubling me at school today. At least since the finals is over there's been a lot of free time so I don't have to worry too much about focusing in class

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#20779 Post by Stryder221 »

My laptop's apparently had the queen mother of freeze-ups, forcing me to kill the power. Now, it's taking forever to start, and insists on a CHKDSK, which has already failed once.

I'm [censored] scared [censored], here. I can't lose this laptop. I have not a single good way to fix or replace it.

Edit: Now on the second CHKDSK, and it's almost certainly stuck.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#20780 Post by Bellhead »

Stryder221 wrote:My laptop's apparently had the queen mother of freeze-ups, forcing me to kill the power. Now, it's taking forever to start, and insists on a CHKDSK, which has already failed once.

I'm [censored] scared [censored], here. I can't lose this laptop. I have not a single good way to fix or replace it.

I'm assuming a format-and-reinstall isn't a viable option here.

Any idea what it could be?

Also, since Mark and Jack both played Diep.io, I thought I'd give it a go. Bad idea. I was getting about .25 frames per second, One frame every four seconds, whenever anyone else was on the screen. I would have one frame to react, then I would glitch off the screen. Ugh.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#20781 Post by Stryder221 »

Bellhead wrote:
Stryder221 wrote:My laptop's apparently had the queen mother of freeze-ups, forcing me to kill the power. Now, it's taking forever to start, and insists on a CHKDSK, which has already failed once.

I'm assuming a format-and-reinstall isn't a viable option here.

Any idea what it could be?

Also, since Mark and Jack both played Diep.io, I thought I'd give it a go. Bad idea. I was getting about .25 frames per second, One frame every four seconds, whenever anyone else was on the screen. I would have one frame to react, then I would glitch off the screen. Ugh.
The second CHKDSK went through, and to give more information I'm sure I saw an "insufficient disk space" in there. Went to sleep after that post and woke up to a perfectly functional login screen.

Everything was slow as hell when I got in, and the local "Temp" folder was unreadable. I cleared up some space by clearing some junk, experimented a bit, and restarted for a third check, which ended up being much faster. I saw some orphaned files and such, but not knowing much I assumed things were being fixed.
Logging in that time, however, was even slower, and my display pretty much crashed, at which point I shut down before things got worse.

Right now, I'm running in safe mode with networking, which works pretty much perfectly. At the moment of posting I'm running sfc /scannow and trying to get Avast going for a scan.

Edit: "Windows Resource Protection could not complete the requested operation" at 53% verification, and Avast I didn't even bother with.
At this point I'm considering taking it in somewhere just so I don't end up accidentally bricking the thing.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#20782 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

RIP Muhammad Ali

Damn you, 2016, taking so many greats from us :(
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#20783 Post by TinyVoices »

TheFrozenSlime wrote:RIP Muhammad Ali

Damn, I knew it was coming and it only made it worse.

He lived a pretty full life, if nothing else. Left his mark, both good and bad.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#20784 Post by Vintage »

TheFrozenSlime wrote:RIP Muhammad Ali

Woah. Wasn't expecting that...
Oddly enough, I was just talking about him the other day.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Hayate
The Hidden User

#20785 Post by Hayate »

My computer was being weird and slow yesterday so I had a friend come over and look at it. He made it do some kind of self check/full scan. The screen said "this may take a few minutes". I fell asleep twice waiting for it to finish, eventually I gave up and left it and went to bed. I checked it in the middle of the night and it had finally finished after seven and a half hours!! I was so mad! It said that I had four different 'security threats' and it rated them high-severe risk, it sounded bad... One if them said it was a Trojan and I know that's not good. I clicked the big 'fix it' button and it went to another waiting screen -.- I went back to bed... Woke up this morning and it says it's all done! It better be faster now or I'm gonna be mad! Spent a whole day doing nothing :(
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#20786 Post by TinyVoices »

Hayate wrote:Spent a whole day doing nothing :(
That's how I felt... I think yesterday. Waiting for Windows Updates that either didn't end up happening or whatever. As well as the whole time waiting for Steam to download my small library... Ugh. I feel like I got nowhere, too. S:P

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20787 Post by nsamok6620 »

Well [censored]. One of my brake lines is blown. It's Sunday. All shops are closed. So I guess I'm taking a day off tomorrow to get it fixed.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#20788 Post by Bellhead »

nsamok6620 wrote:Well [censored]. One of my brake lines is blown. It's Sunday. All shops are closed. So I guess I'm taking a day off tomorrow to get it fixed.
Even the auto parts shop? Those are open 7 days, last I knew. Short hours today, though. Brake lines are easy.

On another note,
Yesterday I saw the most hideous thing. It was one of these, but it was white, had a hood scoop on it, and IT WAS A FRIGGIN' LOW-RIDER. With low-profile tires and everything.
What the absolute HELL is WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! Farnsworth.jpg
That is a WORK TRUCK! They go off road! Put big tires on it, and it goes anywhere! Doing THAT is an insult to the vehicle itself, and it's a crime against trucks in general! THAT'S NOT WHAT THAT'S FOR!

Ugh. Have people forgot what it means to have a truck? If you want to do something that dinkey-dorky and stupid, do it to an el-camino or something. DON'T do it to a truck. It's a fate worse than death. Friggin' morons.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#20789 Post by nsamok6620 »

Bellhead wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:Well [censored]. One of my brake lines is blown. It's Sunday. All shops are closed. So I guess I'm taking a day off tomorrow to get it fixed.
Even the auto parts shop? Those are open 7 days, last I knew. Short hours today, though. Brake lines are easy.

On another note,
Yesterday I saw the most hideous thing. It was one of these, but it was white, had a hood scoop on it, and IT WAS A FRIGGIN' LOW-RIDER. With low-profile tires and everything.
What the absolute HELL is WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! Farnsworth.jpg
That is a WORK TRUCK! They go off road! Put big tires on it, and it goes anywhere! Doing THAT is an insult to the vehicle itself, and it's a crime against trucks in general! THAT'S NOT WHAT THAT'S FOR!

Ugh. Have people forgot what it means to have a truck? If you want to do something that dinkey-dorky and stupid, do it to an el-camino or something. DON'T do it to a truck. It's a fate worse than death. Friggin' morons.
I'm not dealing with brake lines. I want to make sure those are done right.

As for the other thing, I mean it's not the worst thing you can do to a vehicle. Honestly I'd rather someone turn a truck into a lowrider than lift it and put big tires and then only drive on roads. At least lowrider know what they want to be and actually do it. As long as they are done right, ie airbags and good fitment, I have no problem with lowrider. Including trucks. It's not like they can't still do work or anything.

But what I can't stand is cambered out cars. It literally ruins what the vehicle was made to do: drive. It's so damn unsafe. And ugly! Who really thinks this looks good? And look at how little of the tire is actually touching the road!
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#20790 Post by SirJahar »

My folks and I routinely make an extra serving of what we have for dinner for my grandmother. She helps us out with groceries, so we owe her. The problem is that she is getting increasingly picky about what she will eat. Not for health reasons, but she has decided she likes fewer and fewer things. More heavily processed foods make up most of her diet these days. Thing that don't require much chewing.
And then she complains when we don't send her food, when we know she wouldn't eat what we had. We aren't going to stop making things we like just because she won't eat them. But we still hear about it all the time.