Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#19411 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

So I go to a Catholic school, and during a before-class devotion, one of the questions that was asked was "Name three friends that have helped you through a tough time in life."

Is it a bad thing that this was one of the only questions I couldn't find a good answer to? The only things I could think of were my books and the internet.

But actual people? Couldn't think of anyone.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#19412 Post by Stryder221 »

My two dogs got into a fight with each other, and I couldn't even [censored] do anything to stop it.

One got his right eye royally [censored] (Though I'm somewhat positive he won't lose it), probably would've died had it gone on much longer. The other... I don't even know right now. He got tossed out before I could get a proper look.

This is the third time total. The way things are going now, I'm probably going to have to... Lose one of them. It's the most likely outcome, the way I see it... Knowing which one is most likely to go if that happens is not making me feel any better about it.

Now that I think of it, doing nothing about it after this long was just asking for trouble.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#19413 Post by Bellhead »

So apparently my $2000 semester meal plan was never put on my account. So I don't get food.
I am so ticked off right now.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#19414 Post by Ryusen »

Bellhead wrote:So apparently my $2000 semester meal plan was never put on my account. So I don't get food.
Yeah, until you realize just how much you're spending per meal.

Assuming an 18 week semester where you eat 3 times a day, that comes out to:

$483 per month, or;
$111 per week, or;
$15 per day, or;
$5 per meal

That's actually a ton of money. School meal plans are convenient, but in no way cost effective. Consider this an opportunity to learn how to cook for yourself. Not only is it vastly cheaper (saving ~1000 per semester x 8 semesters = $8000 for a standard 4 year university), but you'll eat overall healthier and develop some really nice cooking skills; and girls love a guy who knows how to cook. You see a roadblock? I see a stepping stone.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#19415 Post by nsamok6620 »

Ryusen wrote:
Bellhead wrote:So apparently my $2000 semester meal plan was never put on my account. So I don't get food.
Yeah, until you realize just how much you're spending per meal.

Assuming an 18 week semester where you eat 3 times a day, that comes out to:

$483 per month, or;
$111 per week, or;
$15 per day, or;
$5 per meal
That is better than mine. Someone did the math a while ago and it came out to about $9 per meal.

OT: A friend and I famed in Destiny trying to get the Husk of the Pit autorifle. After about an hour of start mission, speed past first enemies, kill eneny that has a chance of dropping the weapon, going back to orbit, and repeat, we were both about to call it quits. Then he gets one. So I'm thinking, ok I'll get one next time. We kill the guy again, and he gets another one and I get nothing. Another hour goes by and I still have nothing to show for it. I'll be back at it again because I want the rifle, but [censored] I hate random drops.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#19416 Post by Gotheran »

It's crazy impossible to mod Minecraft these days. Granted I still do not own minecraft, but given recent updates with the game it's likely not to get bought either. If they'd drop the price by like, half or more I'd see about getting it, but 30 bucks for an incomplete digital lego box/modding platform. Be like spending 60bucks on an RPG maker that didn't have any editing features unless you modded it.

MrEpicDragons
New Citizen

#19417 Post by MrEpicDragons »

I'm about 90% my best friend is either transgender or gender fluid and I've asked him about it. He claims he isn't. I can't tell if he genuinely isn't or just lying to me. I'm honestly not sure. I feel horrible for doubting him but would feel even worse if he was lying to me.
Oh if life were made of moments even now and then a bad one--! But if life were only moments, Then you'd never know you had one." Stephen Sondheim (Into the Woods)

Warrl
Grand Templar

#19418 Post by Warrl »

MrEpicDragons wrote:I'm about 90% my best friend is either transgender or gender fluid and I've asked him about it. He claims he isn't. I can't tell if he genuinely isn't or just lying to me. I'm honestly not sure. I feel horrible for doubting him but would feel even worse if he was lying to me.
Your friend is NOT lying in order to harm you or cheat you. If he's lying, it's to protect himself from something he fears.

Or he could be not lying, but mistaken.

Or of course it's possible that your friend is correct and you are mistaken.

Or maybe you're both right - there are not sharp boundaries between the four (or more) genders, so the two of you could be agreeing on where he stands (or slides around) in terms of gender but disagreeing on the correct label for that space.

The best thing you can do for your friend is to accept him as what he says he is - and show him that if what he says he is changes, your friendship will not change.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#19419 Post by Bellhead »

Firefox updated after I told it not to. It went from the nice usable 28.0 to the newest version... What is it, like 33 or something? The new versions look more like Chrome than Firefox and I hate it.
Plus, it blocked my 28.0 reinstall, so I had to find the link on my smartassphone, send the link to my laptop and download the 28.0 file onto a flash drive, and use the flash drive to install it onto my desktop.

I miss my stuff doing what I tell it to. Con-started technolology gettin' in my way again! *shakes cane*
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#19420 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Trying to find my first job, and the only thing holding me back is that I don't know if they're looking for someone like me (someone who has never had a job before). I am a very paranoid person, and always NEED to know if i'm doing something right. This is going to be a stressful weak for me, I can already tell that.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#19421 Post by Sithil »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:Trying to find my first job, and the only thing holding me back is that I don't know if they're looking for someone like me (someone who has never had a job before). I am a very paranoid person, and always NEED to know if i'm doing something right. This is going to be a stressful weak for me, I can already tell that.
Nobody ever specifically looks for someone with no work experience, unless they're planning to take advantage of them, and most do not. So don't spend time thinking about that, instead do whatever you can to present your best qualities and convince them you can do the job better than any other potential applicant, despite your lack of experience. I know, not exactly the thing you want to hear, and while the prospect might cause anxiety (I know it always has when I've searched for employment), it doesn't help to let it worry you, do the best you can to appear appealing, and don't blame yourself if after that, they don't choose you. Most of all, don't let your lack of experience become a reason not to pursue a potential job, because that won't change until you've had one.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#19422 Post by justanUltramarine »

Arriving in class this morning like everyday and learning about a german test today. What happened is that when i was sick the teacher gave the test for today and nobody thought about telling me . Then i had a surprise french test and what better to finish an awefull day i spilled my warhammer paint on the carpet . Kinda wishing i stayed in bed this morning.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#19423 Post by Bellhead »

We're going to get 3 feet or so of snow, and I CAN'T snowblow ANY of it. (;_;) First real single blizzard of my whole life, and I don't have the equipment in college to do a damn thing about it. The more I think about it, the closer I get to tears about it.

I can't believe I'm on the verge of tears because I can't shovel snow... The hell is wrong with me? Damn you, New England.

thebroodingfox
Citizen

#19424 Post by thebroodingfox »

Just found out today that I need to get an extensive physical because I have either lupus/arthritis/some other condition, or my allergies are so severe they're actually giving chronic symptoms of them. I'm so tired of being led to false hope by this or that doctor year after year as well as poor health that I can't seem to do anything about.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#19425 Post by TinyVoices »

bigish image

Kitty died from his leukemia a couple days ago. That [censored] fought for so long and so hard and made us all laugh along the way. His videos made up a part of the final days of my childhood, and I won't forget that.

Should you not recognize the screenname.... (language and such)