Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Flyboy1945
Council Member

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#14641 Post by Flyboy1945 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:OT: arrgh I don't know how people find jobs, they all want at least two years experience, but how the hell am I supposed to GET that if you all WANT that!?
I know what you mean, I go do a job search and since I have absolutely no experience what so ever, 14-20 pages of job suggestions and only 5 of them I can apply for OUT OF THE ENTIRE SEARCH!
Soon EVERY job will require experience and then people will be stuck with no place to start.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#14642 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

While it's nice that I never have work and school on the same day, working on the weekends seems to defeat the purpose of having them. :? I wish there was some kind of middle ground...
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14643 Post by Jay-Say »

So Westboro Baptist Church has decided to go picket another funeral just a little south of me. My parent's and some other members of the American Legion are going down tomorrow to block them from view of the funeral. It's honestly bad of me to say this, but I hope one day someone decides to break the law and take out a few of those hypocrites. Maybe then they'd realize they've gone over a line that should have never been crossed, EVER.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#14644 Post by nsamok6620 »

I was thinking maybe I could go shooting for my birthday and FINALLY get to try out everything I put on my rifle at Christmas, but no, they are closed on Tuesdays... (;_;)
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#14645 Post by Gotheran »

My GameCube's died (;_;) no more LoZ or Metroid

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#14646 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Just realized all my friends are online. No RL friends anymore. And everyone is beginning to hate me online too.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Lucaski8
Merchant

#14647 Post by Lucaski8 »

I'm sick...not feeling good at all.
Everything is better with Jolly Co-Operation

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#14648 Post by SirSlaughter »

well After I got my new case I figured that I would star migrating my parts to the new case. Well all was going well until it turned out that the default motherboard back panel will not fit even with lots of pressure on the back of the new case. No problem I am a bit upset but i was gonna get a new motherboard anyway. well that is not the big problem here. It turns out while taking out the components I made a rooky mistake that pretty much cost me a motherboard. i did not short it, I did not snap it, I did not break off the processor or remove the thermal gel. I being a complete [censored] idiot forgot that there was a latch to hold my graphics card just like it holds RAM. I DID NOT UNLOCK THE LATCH! I look at my motherboard to see a piece of plastic lying there after a loud snapping noise was made. Thankfully it was not my graphics card but it was the latch piece on the PCI EXPRESS X16 slot I had...the only slot i had. I AM A [censored] IDIOT! I SHOULD HAVE PAID MORE ATTENTION AND RESEARCHED A BIT MORE! BUT NO! I [censored] UP THE ENTIRE PROCESS! Now chances are I can run the computer fine without that little latch there, But me being pissed off and knowing that is a bad idea will merely be waiting until I save up to get a new motherboard and PCU. [censored]! what is even better is the fact that this all could have been avoided if I had done what I was originally going to do and watch the stupid newegg video on how to build a computer. He says it blatantly (or at least makes it obvious) THAT I NEEDED TO BE SURE OF THE LOCKS!!!!!! I'm too stupid to [censored] live! (no that was not a notice of me committing suicide). welp, looks like i won't have a spare comp after all.

EDIT: ok I talked to a few people and I can still do perfectly fine with what I have done, But I am still upset at teh principle that it still should not have happened. I was so worried about avoiding it that I still did it. At least I can still operate normally.

FerrusFerret
Grand Templar

#14649 Post by FerrusFerret »

I can't shake this headcold and my sleep schedule is so wonky I cant seem to sleep properly at any time (;_;) not being able to sleep is so horrid for me...
Current Game: >Gyromancer<

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14650 Post by FurryForlife »

Have to study for mid-term tomorrow in Psychology... I'd much rather be playing Pokemon Black (;_;)
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Luca Fox
Grand Templar

#14651 Post by Luca Fox »

The ISP I used to work for, Clear, likes to open in places full of stupid people so they can extort them. They've recently started selling their [censored] service near my town (which is no surprise to me). I didn't think they could last for too much longer considering they've never been in the green in their entire existence and companies like Google and Sprint are selling off their stock in the company. If you guys live in an area that offers Clear I highly advise you don't even consider them. They've made a habit out of throttling people into the ground for using their service for much more than checking emails.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#14652 Post by SirSlaughter »

well after finding out that the motherboard that came with my lenovo does not compute with the slots and cables in my new case I have just decided to pt everything bac into this thing and wait until I get a new motherboard and processor. But this brings me to my next obstacle...How the [censored] do I install an operating system? Or even better yet, To save time and such How do I move an operating system to a different hdd so I can have one for all my regular data and one for my operating system so I don't have to wipe everything every time I get new hardware? TO GOOGLE!

I am so clueless...

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#14653 Post by Gotheran »

depression, I guess, I'd like to blame a simple lack of sleep though.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#14654 Post by nsamok6620 »

SirSlaughter wrote:well after finding out that the motherboard that came with my lenovo does not compute with the slots and cables in my new case I have just decided to pt everything bac into this thing and wait until I get a new motherboard and processor. But this brings me to my next obstacle...How the [censored] do I install an operating system? Or even better yet, To save time and such How do I move an operating system to a different hdd so I can have one for all my regular data and one for my operating system so I don't have to wipe everything every time I get new hardware? TO GOOGLE!

I am so clueless...
Why not just move everything else?
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#14655 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

SirSlaughter wrote:well after finding out that the motherboard that came with my lenovo does not compute with the slots and cables in my new case I have just decided to pt everything bac into this thing and wait until I get a new motherboard and processor. But this brings me to my next obstacle...How the [censored] do I install an operating system? Or even better yet, To save time and such How do I move an operating system to a different hdd so I can have one for all my regular data and one for my operating system so I don't have to wipe everything every time I get new hardware? TO GOOGLE!

I am so clueless...
When you replace big parts like a motherboard or processor, you need to reinstall the operating system.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.