Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#5026 Post by supervanman64 »

Holy_458 wrote:Slightly related note: I have a problem with giving up things that have been in my life for a long time, and have great sentimental value to me. I almost have a fear of mass change.

You know, sometimes when your going through life, you get too used to having a system, you forget that everyday is another step through time. That's natural, it's typical behavior, but sometimes you're reminded how every step is a step closer to the end.

My birthday is only a few months away, I will turn seventeen. And yet, for the entire time I have been sixteen, I have never had a (real) job, I haven't gotten my license...hell, I haven't had a girlfriend in nearly three years.
I don't know why, but I have a huge fear of what will or may happen. It really does scare the [censored] out of me thinking of my future, I'm afraid of were I will be in a few years, or even if I will still be alive in just a few years. I'm scared about if I will still have my friends or not, if I will be successful or if I will be a total failure, if all of this extra work I keep putting into my life will amount to ANYTHING at all!
I hate when everything in my life changes to fast. I haven't had that problem for many years now, but it does come up along with the subject of death. I remember how crushed I was when my grandpa died, I still find it hard not to cry just thinking about him. I loved my grandpa, and I honestly wanted to kill those few people (including my grandpa) who said "good riddance" at his death.
I feel like i'm getting old...my last grandpa is living on borrowed time, and our cat is starting to finally show signs of it's age. It's almost a race now to see which one of these two will die first. It's a race with now winners, a race I wish I don't have to watch.
And to top it all off, there's a Friday the 13th coming up. I don't care what other people say about Friday the 13th thinking it's all superstition, or that it's really "a day of good luck". All I know is that nothing good has ever happened to me on a Friday the 13th, the day my grandpa died was a Friday the 13th, I found out that my parents were transferring me into a new school and I would never see my old friends again on a Friday the 13th, for no explanation I was swamped with homework and ALL my grades for freshmen year fell below 50% on a Friday the 13th.

On the last Friday the 13th, I was hit by a car. It's a [censored] miracle that I'm still able to walk, let alone that I'm still alive.

[/vent]
Wow, I never knew you were hit by a car. I praise God that you're still alive, because then we'd have never met.
Also, I understand that change is scary, but sometimes it is necessary. Otherwise you'd never go anywhere. You'd be in the same spot all the time.
But I feel for ya, Holy. Death can be a scary thing. The best thing to do is to live like you knew tomorrow wasn't there. No regrets. :kathrin:

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#5027 Post by epion04 »

Over the last couple of weeks I am finding myself rather confused when it comes to college. I have had some difficulty deciding where I want to go or even what I want to do. To this I have just been going to a community college with the idea of just getting basic classes out of the way. In hind sight I went about even that the wrong way and am finding myself feeling trapped and floundering about trying to stay above water.

Now here recently a possibility for a good major came up, Telecommunications systems management. It fits what I am looking for, a good tech job with a large business component that is not engineering level math intensive. Just when I decided to go to a community college, somehow I ended up moving across the country to live in Arizona with the only real college educated relatives I have with the idea that they could help me out with school. Since moving I have just ended up working full time, going to school when time allows and racking up ridiculous amounts of debt between getting a job, getting laid off, getting another job, my contract there getting cut, and then not being able to find another job among other complications.

Due to all that mess at the moment I owe the uncle I am living with over $7000 now. This is complicated by the fact that THE school to go to for the major I am finding myself interested in is in Kentucky from the looking around I have done. As much as my aunt and uncle have done for me I feel like it would be a slap in the face to them to just up and "Hey thanks for the couple of years mooching off ya, I'm outta here, peace!" if you know what I mean.

So while I would like to move for this school and actually get somewhere with my education, I am somewhat afraid to even bring up the idea with them being as to even move back I would need a lot of help from them. I do have a lot of relatives in the Midwest but none of them are in a position to help me at all ( heck my parents in Illinois are in such a fix that I have not seen a penny from them and have almost had to send them money on a few occasions...) So I am at the point where I just don't know what to do. For my education I feel like moving out and going to school would be a good thing for me, but I feel trapped here now.

Sorry for the rambling nature of this post, but I am more than slightly confused here. Does anyone have thoughts on what would be good to do here or at least what to consider? Or even what would you do in this situation?
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#5028 Post by Sage Asuka »

I...I'm fighting mixed feelings on this. I know before, a long long time ago I mentioned that a friend of mine who was still in high school got engaged to a guy she met on the internet just 4 months after net dating him. She's a good friend of mine, but I can't see her anymore due to my campus being so far away. So I've just been emailing her and the like. Well, she lost internet the past few months so I only get to speak with her every once in a blue moon. Usually I just miss when she's on so ...yeah...just was informed that she won't be getting net for the majority of the month and that she's going to travel across the U.S. to see the guy she's engaged to...she's met him in person before but...well I'm worried! She's going to be alone with this guy! They haven't seen enough of each other personally! What if something goes wrong or...or she gets hurt. And >//>; well, I'd like to think she wouldn't get herself in a position of rape or sex...but I have no say there...I dunno. Her mom was one of those underage single mothers and I really don't want my friend to risk getting in any similar position. I want her to be successful and happy. Not living with 'boyfriends' with a kid who belongs to some random guy and unable to hold a job. >_<; but she's persistent that she loves this guy. *sigh* I just...I don't know...I was already met with the shock that a really great friend of mine is in an actively sexual relationship with a guy she only dated one month and he was her first ever boyfriend which honestly saddens me to no end...especially with most of these friends I've held discussions with as a younger kid on waiting til we're married...I'm probably just projecting too many of my views on them or just jealous because they've found love and I'm too scared to act. I ...I just...I'm terrible. I just hope she's okay.
Image Image Image Image

Yumarii~wolf
Merchant

#5029 Post by Yumarii~wolf »

Sage Asuka wrote:I...I'm fighting mixed feelings on this. I know before, a long long time ago I mentioned that a friend of mine who was still in high school got engaged to a guy she met on the internet just 4 months after net dating him. She's a good friend of mine, but I can't see her anymore due to my campus being so far away. So I've just been emailing her and the like. Well, she lost internet the past few months so I only get to speak with her every once in a blue moon. Usually I just miss when she's on so ...yeah...just was informed that she won't be getting net for the majority of the month and that she's going to travel across the U.S. to see the guy she's engaged to...she's met him in person before but...well I'm worried! She's going to be alone with this guy! They haven't seen enough of each other personally! What if something goes wrong or...or she gets hurt. And >//>; well, I'd like to think she wouldn't get herself in a position of rape or sex...but I have no say there...I dunno. Her mom was one of those underage single mothers and I really don't want my friend to risk getting in any similar position. I want her to be successful and happy. Not living with 'boyfriends' with a kid who belongs to some random guy and unable to hold a job. >_<; but she's persistent that she loves this guy. *sigh* I just...I don't know...I was already met with the shock that a really great friend of mine is in an actively sexual relationship with a guy she only dated one month and he was her first ever boyfriend which honestly saddens me to no end...especially with most of these friends I've held discussions with as a younger kid on waiting til we're married...I'm probably just projecting too many of my views on them or just jealous because they've found love and I'm too scared to act. I ...I just...I'm terrible. I just hope she's okay.

i feel for you. being worried for your friends is a horrible feeling. i can't really give any advice, but i hope things work out well for your friend. :flora: oh, and try not to worry to hard, you don't want to make yourself sick over it.

supervanman64

#5030 Post by supervanman64 »

Indeed. The older sibling senses start to kick in when you see your friends drift away like that. It's completely natural to want to protect them.
(Oh gosh, I have no idea how I'm going to react when my younger sis starts dating)

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5031 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

I don't think anyone would know how to handle that situation, Asuka. I was in a similar situation where one of my best friends was in an online relationship with a guy. I heard he was coming to visit, and I very much wanted to be there. I didn't trust the guy, what reason would I have to? I have trust issues to begin with, I couldn't find it in me to trust a guy neither I, nor she, had never met. I felt the same need to protect my friend that I imagine you're feeling.

However, it's their lives and their feelings. As much as we want to, we can't always be there to hold their hand. We can only warn them, give them our words, and hope for the best.

Vanman, you will react negatively. It doesn't matter how nice the guy is; he could be 4.5 student building houses for the poor in Mexico, and you're still going to hate him. It's only natural.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

supervanman64

#5032 Post by supervanman64 »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Vanman, you will react negatively. It doesn't matter how nice the guy is; he could be 4.5 student building houses for the poor in Mexico, and you're still going to hate him. It's only natural.
That seems like it would be the case. :kathrin:

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#5033 Post by Verilidaine »

I had a really hard time when I realized that I was the only one out of all my friends who was still waiting for marriage, and I think it caused me more stress and anger than it should have. It was like you--I'd had conversations with all of them about how we felt like we were alone in this, and then suddenly, I was actually alone in it.

What I think is really important to understand is that people are allowed to make their own choices, and that there actually isn't anything evil (to them) about having sex before marriage. You can worry about them and their health, but I would worry about that, and not the sex. If they're not religious, then to them, sex is probably just a natural, enjoyable experience without all the strings tied to it. If you project your own beliefs onto them, you're going to strain the friendship, and you don't want that. You want to be there to help keep them safe from the real risks--STDs, pregnancy, rape, etc. Don't focus on the sex. Focus on the consequences, and let them know that you just want them to have safe sex, and that it's their choice.

Only one of my friends actually angers me any more, and it's because she professes herself to be a Christian and yet can't explain to me why it's okay to have sex before marriage and still be living a Christian lifestyle. It's hypocritical and really bothers me. But all the others, they're free to make their own choices.

As for your friend with the internet friendship, that is a little sketchy. She has met him before, though, right? Don't worry about her having sex (again, it's not bad for her to do if she doesn't have some higher belief about what sex means), worry about her getting hurt. Will she be somewhere where she can go for help? Stress that you want her to be safe, and only that.

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#5034 Post by coal »

Gah, Why can't my scanner be fixed! :(

And why didn't slightly damned update? (;_;)

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#5035 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Ugh, why is it every time I think someone is getting too close I just flip out and try to make them hate me.

I'm pretty sure there's a girl in Ireland who thinks I'm a complete [censored] right now...

*Facedesk*
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#5036 Post by PhycoKrusk »

Roderick James. If that isn't nightmare fuel, I don't know what is. And I'm not trying to be funny. I seriously can't get that image out of my mind, and it's really upsetting me.

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5037 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Some little kids from the other side of the neighborhood were walking past my house, and decided to play a game of soccer. They chose my lawn to play on.

That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that I actually went out and asked them to leave, even though I have no reason to care. That's right, I went outside, and told a bunch of kids to get off my lawn.

I'm quickly becoming an old man.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Yumarii~wolf
Merchant

#5038 Post by Yumarii~wolf »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Some little kids from the other side of the neighborhood were walking past my house, and decided to play a game of soccer. They chose my lawn to play on.

That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that I actually went out and asked them to leave, even though I have no reason to care. That's right, I went outside, and told a bunch of kids to get off my lawn.

are your pants up to your chest yet?? if not then you still have some time. :flora:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5039 Post by Schrodinger »

There was a shooting at an office of the company my mother used to work at. One of her colleagues was shot in the arm. She is very upset about it.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5040 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Yumarii~wolf wrote:
Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Some little kids from the other side of the neighborhood were walking past my house, and decided to play a game of soccer. They chose my lawn to play on.

are your pants up to your chest yet?? if not then you still have some time. :flora:
No, they're somewhere around my knees. Stupid weight loss...

Finding the right size of pants for me is always a pain in the [censored]. Independent clothing shops around here tend to be tailored* to shorter people, so I've got to drive a ways to the big-name department stores to spend more money, still after spending an hour to find the right size.

*No pun intended.

Edit: Damn, Schrodinger. Luckily it wasn't a fatal wound, but that's still a terrifying experience.