Things You'd Like to See in Twokinds Lore

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Things You'd Like to See in Twokinds Lore

#1 Post by Hulk10 »

I'd love to learn more about the myths and legends in the Twokinds world. Like the legends of Big Foot, the Nessie and other things in our world.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Things You'd Like to See in Twokinds Lore

#2 Post by Bellhead »

Like the tales of merfolk and the lizard creatures? Yeah, that could be an interesting side comic. Or sketch ideas.

Then again, in a world with magic, dragons, mind control, rocks that float in mid air.. I don't know if there'd be that much to add.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3 Post by Neutral Smith »

Twokinds lacks a good world building.

"World created. The end."

There is no evolution, no history that goes back a longer way than a lifespan.

I also enjoy reading http://poisonedminds.com/ , and that comic is story wise much more interesting (but ignore the first year it ran), especially with the fillers when the author doesn't want to draw.
A good example is the short arc from http://www.poisonedminds.com/d/20160211.html (if you keep hitting 'next' it will be interrupted by another story line), and it's often scary how much it touches 'our' world (but that's just the fun of it)
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#4 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:57 am Like the tales of merfolk
I so want expanded material on the merfolks. We know they exist. But are only shown in the non comic artwork.
It be really cool if there would be atleast some interaction; or atleast expanded upon at some point.

Please Tomas. Can we have a story about that ?
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#5 Post by Yastreb »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:09 pm
Bellhead wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:57 am Like the tales of merfolk
I so want expanded material on the merfolks. We know they exist. But are only shown in the non comic artwork.
It be really cool if there would be atleast some interaction; or atleast expanded upon at some point.

Please Tomas. Can we have a story about that ?
Isn't Tom's non-comic art also non-canon? (Save for the character sheets.) So existence of merfolk is still just a rumour. Or am I missing something?

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Yastreb wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:57 am
Isn't Tom's non-comic art also non-canon? (Save for the character sheets.) So existence of merfolk is still just a rumour. Or am I missing something?
Theres a map symbol saying " Merfolks swim these waters " on the official map, together with that Flora mentions them in the story. When she talks to trace about the species that exist or are rumored.

So they exist. Just not been illustrated in the main story. :kathrin:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Bellhead »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 pm
Yastreb wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:57 am
Theres a map symbol saying " Merfolks swim these waters " on the official map, together with that Flora mentions them in the story. When she talks to trace about the species that exist or are rumored.

Um, actually...

On a phone, so I can't look up the page, but on the ship sometime between Natani collapsing and them reaching shore (I think, anyway) there was a green fin visible in the water.

PS: Yeah, Miniladd ref. Couldn't resist.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:57 am
Um, actually...

Page:768 and 850 and the official map. + all the non story art
Its so green that i missed it! this is what i get for the site being slow as a snail when i wrote that. :keith:

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#9 Post by Yastreb »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 pm Theres a map symbol saying " Merfolks swim these waters " on the official map, together with that Flora mentions them in the story. When she talks to trace about the species that exist or are rumored.

"Merfolk swim these waters" could be just the Mekkan equivalent of "Here there be dragons", something you write on a map when you have no idea what is around that location.
Bellhead wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:57 am On a phone, so I can't look up the page, but on the ship sometime between Natani collapsing and them reaching shore (I think, anyway) there was a green fin visible in the water.

A fin ≠ merfolk.

It could be a cetacean, a dugong, a large fish, a sea serpent...

So at the end of the day merfolk is still a rumour.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Bellhead »

Yastreb wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:57 am On a phone, so I can't look up the page, but on the ship sometime between Natani collapsing and them reaching shore (I think, anyway) there was a green fin visible in the water.

A fin ≠ merfolk.

*sees green fin sticking out of the water in the middle of the ocean in a fantasy comic*
Ooh! Merfolk!
~Meanwhile~
*sees green fin sticking out of the water*
There has to be logical explanation for this...

Ya just gotta BELIEVE! :P

Also, what would have green fins?

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm
ARIEL!!!!!!!!!! :karen:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#12 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Neutral Smith wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:07 pm Twokinds lacks a good world building.

"World created. The end."

There is no evolution, no history that goes back a longer way than a lifespan.

I also enjoy reading http://poisonedminds.com/ , and that comic is story wise much more interesting (but ignore the first year it ran), especially with the fillers when the author doesn't want to draw.
A good example is the short arc from http://www.poisonedminds.com/d/20160211.html (if you keep hitting 'next' it will be interrupted by another story line), and it's often scary how much it touches 'our' world (but that's just the fun of it)
What we know officially, meaning inside the comic is next to none. Part of the amnesiac thrope i think. And what we have been told outside is subject to changes without any warning soo....
I any case i would be interested in their myths, their legends. We have some, unoffical. idea of how and why they got created. But what do the inhabitants of mekkan they believe?
Also is there any sort of organized religion? We have not seen anything resembling a church have we?
Bellhead wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm
Yastreb wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am

A fin ≠ merfolk.

*sees green fin sticking out of the water in the middle of the ocean in a fantasy comic*
Ooh! Merfolk!
~Meanwhile~
*sees green fin sticking out of the water*
There has to be logical explanation for this...

Ya just gotta BELIEVE! :P

Well Twokinds is heavily inspired by DnD so pick any finned acuatic monsters of your liking
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Rubymess
Traveler

#13 Post by Rubymess »

Applied trans/posthuman technomagic. :trace: :flora: :Maddie: :natani: :zen: :kathrin:

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Turaiel »

Rubymess wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:48 pm Applied trans/posthuman technomagic. :trace: :flora: :Maddie: :natani: :zen: :kathrin:
As a reminder, please do not bump very old threads. Take a look at the rules for more info.

Thread locked.
Website Administrator