Forum Population

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

AColdDish
Banned
Banned

Re: Forum Population

#16 Post by AColdDish »

Most of the friends I talk to online who once came here actually left due to the administration being rather crap, as they said. I'm kinda inclined to believe them to, from what I've seen them act on the different threads. They usually left and went to other sites. Which they actually said ended up with better, since you can actually give criticisms without being labeled as a prick.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Warrl »

As compared to other webcomic forums I'm on, this one suffers from relatively infrequent updates of the comic. More or less once a week. Not a lot to talk about, four days after an update.

Waspi Square normally does 5 updates a week, Rain and Gunnerkrigg Court 3 a week, El Goonish Shive 3 a week on each of two comics... the Crosstime Cafe is a special case because it's the main forum for well over a dozen comics and a secondary forum for several more (and at least six webcomic artists frequent it); the ones I read, collectively, have more than a dozen updates in a slow week - and that's with the titular comic being officially terminated. In other words, lots of stuff to talk about all the time.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Warrl »

Akira110 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:05 pmHonestly, the only reason I stick around is that I don't want to go through the pain in the [censored] process of finding a new place to host the first draft of my literary works.
Akira, if you're thinking of traditional publication, the publishers will almost-invariably want first-publication rights. And putting them here on this anyone-can-read-it forum counts as first publication. So you're taking yourself out of that market.

I'd recommend a members-only critique group such as critters.org or scribophile.com as better places to go for feedback. The industry has accepted that distribution in members-only critique groups, even online ones, does NOT count as publication. (Even though anyone can join.) Also, more actual writers...

Phaing
Master

#19 Post by Phaing »

Warrl wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:59 pm As compared to other webcomic forums I'm on, this one suffers from relatively infrequent updates of the comic. More or less once a week. Not a lot to talk about, four days after an update.

Waspi Square normally does 5 updates a week, Rain and Gunnerkrigg Court 3 a week, El Goonish Shive 3 a week on each of two comics... the Crosstime Cafe is a special case because it's the main forum for well over a dozen comics and a secondary forum for several more (and at least six webcomic artists frequent it); the ones I read, collectively, have more than a dozen updates in a slow week - and that's with the titular comic being officially terminated. In other words, lots of stuff to talk about all the time.
I may have to look into those, but output does not equal quality or consistency.
... and BTW, we get both of those here.

I used to be a fan of both YAFGC and Goblins, and it was kinda horrific the way they just went spinning into oblivion. Looking for Group was funny... for a while, but 20 times down the same old path gets tiresome.

If this place ever goes off the deep end, I'll have something to say about it, but so far things look pretty damn good.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#20 Post by Neptune »

JunkerFox wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:38 am Well looks like I stepped into a ghost town
Welcome to Dirt, Rhode Islinthemiddleoff-ckingnowhere
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21 Post by SirJahar »

I mean, i used to be here all the time, but I moved mostly to IM. While the paragraphs of text could be insightful at times, it starts to wear at me to keep up with the place when that's the norm. Heck, its the main reason I avoid the comic board by and large. Even the ranting board lost most of the time I spent here because I just met people who were more willing to actually try to understand what was going on before giving VERY tryte and worn-out advice, that often assumed things about the situation.

This place always felt more like a group of colleeges. my IMs feel like actual friends. That's not to say this place is bad, just that it doesn't suit me and my needs as well as other places on the net.
... And I got sick of the swear filter being stuck 'on'.

Keithapologist
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#22 Post by Keithapologist »

Man it's sort of sad hearing that this form isn't that active. Feel like I got here too late.

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#23 Post by Turaiel »

Keithapologist wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:57 am Man it's sort of sad hearing that this form isn't that active. Feel like I got here too late.
Hello and welcome to the forums! Please take a moment to review our rules, especially rule 15 with respect to posting on very old threads.

Thread locked.
Website Administrator