Mekkan Territories?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Aviary

Mekkan Territories?

#1 Post by Aviary »

1st of all, I hope i put this in the right place...

We have a map showing human, basitin (west and east), tiger, forest wolf, snow wolf and fox keidran. we even have dragon and mere-folk (probably fish keidran) locations. But where do the big cat keidran live? I mean we have confirmation of big cats being a keidran species and we've seen snow leopards and that lion as proof but where is their territory?
I know there is a small village labeled "Minor Feline Clans" in the bottom of tiger territories, but do all non-tiger feline keidran live there? (apart from those in lyn-knoll and human territories of course)
This is meant to be a discussion question to spark thoughts and map edits so please no shutting others ideas down. (though i don't really expect that here anyway)

My thoughts is snow leopards may live in the northern mountains (or near them) and lions may live in the dry lands... though this could be wrong due to other territory boarders and the lore of lizard keidran in the north mountains...
What do you guys think?

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Mekkan Territories?

#2 Post by Warrl »

Well, I would say lizards in the northern mountains are extremely improbable... unless these are warm-blooded lizards. Otherwise, it's probably too cold for them. (Warm-blooded lizards? It's now thought that dinosaurs - which used to be thought of as lizards - were mostly warmblooded, and certainly the only surviving dinosaurs are).

Also, unless these are actually mammalian lizards, they are definitely not cross-fertile with canid or felid keidran, so are some species other than keidran. (I'm unconvinced on whether the canids and felids are really a single species - apparently crossbreeds are often, but not always, infertile. And if they were not sapient they'd be separate species simply on the basis that they wouldn't interbreed in the wild - they wouldn't meet in the wild, because the human lands are in the way - but it's harder to apply that part of the definition to sapient species.)

Snow leopards would logically be in the north, or in mountains. Note that there are mountains very close to Edinmire. Lions would be in a warm non-forested area (the "king of the jungle" is rarely found in the jungle) such as the "minor feline clans" area, or maybe the island of Tanmare. Of course, again there's the issue that sapient beings aren't ever exactly "in the wild".

(Aside: snow leopards are thought to be the most similar living species to the ancestor of all panthera - the great cats. And they can't exactly roar OR purr; they can only do a sort of half-roar and also a half-purr. The other great cats can all roar but can't purr, and all felis cat species - up to and including cheetahs - can purr but can't roar.)

Aviary

#3 Post by Aviary »

Cool Ideas! and the lizards being mammalian COULD make sense and they are all keidran... though does that mean fish keidran are mammals too? i mean they have... some similarities :P
Your ideas make sense it still throws all cats into the tiger territories... does that mean tigers are the "ultimate" cat? I mean, they have a their own separate species name...

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#4 Post by Neptune »

Aviary wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 am Cool Ideas! and the lizards being mammalian COULD make sense and they are all keidran... though does that mean fish keidran are mammals too? i mean they have... some similarities :P
Your ideas make sense it still throws all cats into the tiger territories... does that mean tigers are the "ultimate" cat? I mean, they have a their own separate species name...
I like to think that Keidran are descended from the Badlands Lizards and are reptiles. They have no areolae or teats, after all.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#5 Post by Hulk10 »

Actually I believe Keidran have nipples and areola Tom just doesn't draw them. Personally I think it would be cool if there were Tiger Keidran who lived in the colder areas. I personally believe there are tribes of foxes and tigers that live in snowy areas. Though the tigers would probably live in the taiga forests.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.