Weirdest Hallucinations You Ever Had

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

HugMePlz
Apprentice

Weirdest Hallucinations You Ever Had

#1 Post by HugMePlz »

Don't know if this thread belongs on this board but meh.

For this thread, I want you guys to post the weirdest hallucinations you ever had, and guarantee were not dreams themselves.

I actually have two here, and these were when I was very young:
Spoiler!
This hallucination was when I was outside in the front yard. I was walking out to the parking lot, despite my mother's warnings. Suddenly, a car pulled up and started to run me over back and forth. Then suddenly, I was in this narrow room, having no idea how to get out. Then I am back at the parking lot, and this time a school bus was running me over back and forth. And then when I got back to reality, I ran back to the front yard.
Spoiler!
I was in the kitchen, and suddenly I was being pulled through the floor until I reached the staircase and tumbled down them. Don't remember what happened after that, but it was quite strange.

i lurk

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Weirdest Hallucinations You Ever Had

#2 Post by SirJahar »

My strangest hallucination is the one where I actually felt a tail attached at the base of my spine.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3 Post by tony1695 »

Backstory: This was several years ago and I was doing something called the Shikoku Junrei, a Japanese religious pilgrimage where you travel to 88 holy sites on the island of Shikoku, traditionally by walking. I had been pretty much isolated from any human company for quite some time, so it wasn't really surprising.

Basically, someone was calling my name. In the middle of a heavily forested area. Let me tell you, hearing someone calling for you when you know you're alone is pretty [censored] terrifying. I did try to make light of the situation, joking about kitsune being responsible, but it was incredibly unnerving. I was legitimately worried for my sanity for a bit there.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Logan Furry
Citizen

#4 Post by Logan Furry »

I'm going to be quote honest. I don't even know what the hell happened, was it a dream, was it not? All I know is I recall waking up from a dream and there was this "shadow" monster in the corner of my room (and it was like a actual thing since I'm familiar with my room) and Jesus Christ I nearly pissed myself which didn't help much that I needed to go (sorry for going graphic). I felt as though I couldn't move, and my head got violently pushed back onto the bed, when that thing got closer to me and almost on the side of the bed. I remember lifting my head off my bed yet again gasping for breath and it was gone. That was personally one of the more terrifying moments in my life and I can't tell if it was a dream or a hallucination. It felt all too real for a dream.
(sorry for any mistakes, it's late right now)
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Akira110
Literary Artist

#5 Post by Akira110 »

Mine was rather tame. I woke up from sleep and thought, "Hmm, I need to use the bathroom." So I walk out to the bathroom and in front of the bathroom is this 1800s era little blond girl standing there. Then she vanishes. I'm rather not sure if it was a hallucination or a ghost, but eh, considering it could be a hallucination, I'll list it here.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

midnightblink
Council Member

#6 Post by midnightblink »

Logan Furry wrote:I'm going to be quote honest. I don't even know what the hell happened, was it a dream, was it not? All I know is I recall waking up from a dream and there was this "shadow" monster in the corner of my room (and it was like a actual thing since I'm familiar with my room) and Jesus Christ I nearly pissed myself which didn't help much that I needed to go (sorry for going graphic). I felt as though I couldn't move, and my head got violently pushed back onto the bed, when that thing got closer to me and almost on the side of the bed. I remember lifting my head off my bed yet again gasping for breath and it was gone. That was personally one of the more terrifying moments in my life and I can't tell if it was a dream or a hallucination. It felt all too real for a dream.
(sorry for any mistakes, it's late right now)
That's called sleep paralysis, we learned a lot about it in my Psychology class. It's what happens when you wake up in the middle of REM sleep, where your brain paralyzes your entire body so you don't literally act out your dreams. When this happens, it takes time for your body to get unparalyzed, so you can't move. Your Amygdala is also very active during REM sleep, which is the center of fear in the brain. This is what causes "shadow monsters" to appear during sleep paralysis

OT: I had some... experiences during my time at Shambalah, and some of my most vivid hallucinations included a field of dying grass looking like a Google Dream image, an ever-spiraling mosaic made of blades of grass, along with walking through a forest with lights everywhere and crowded with people feeling like it would go on forever. One of the weirdest ones looking back was probably based around these two stones my sister's husband gave to me before my... experiences. One was black and square, with defined edges, and one was white with rounded curves, so I imagined the black one as a hole that sucked in all negative feelings, and the while one as a sort of flowing ocean of positivity and creativity.
Primum Non Nocere

Logan Furry
Citizen

#7 Post by Logan Furry »

midnightblink wrote: That's called sleep paralysis, we learned a lot about it in my Psychology class. It's what happens when you wake up in the middle of REM sleep, where your brain paralyzes your entire body so you don't literally act out your dreams. When this happens, it takes time for your body to get unparalyzed, so you can't move. Your Amygdala is also very active during REM sleep, which is the center of fear in the brain. This is what causes "shadow monsters" to appear during sleep paralysis
Thank you so much for explaining it I was kinda clueless but would that count as a Hallucination. If not I'm just a dumb :P
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

midnightblink
Council Member

#8 Post by midnightblink »

Logan Furry wrote:
midnightblink wrote: That's called sleep paralysis, we learned a lot about it in my Psychology class. It's what happens when you wake up in the middle of REM sleep, where your brain paralyzes your entire body so you don't literally act out your dreams. When this happens, it takes time for your body to get unparalyzed, so you can't move. Your Amygdala is also very active during REM sleep, which is the center of fear in the brain. This is what causes "shadow monsters" to appear during sleep paralysis
Thank you so much for explaining it I was kinda clueless but would that count as a Hallucination. If not I'm just a dumb :P
Well, it was an unreal event that you physically experienced based on faulty brain activity, so I think it counts as a hallucination. :grin: It actually probably happened because you had to go to the bathroom (I'm assuming semi-urgently), which caused your brain to wake you up during REM sleep. It's not unusual for sleep paralysis to happen a few times in someones life, but if it happens too much, I would probably go see a sleep doctor.
Primum Non Nocere

midnightblink
Council Member

#9 Post by midnightblink »

Logan Furry wrote:
Well, it was an unreal event that you physically experienced based on faulty brain activity, so I think it counts as a hallucination. :grin: It actually probably happened because you had to go to the bathroom (I'm assuming semi-urgently), which caused your brain to wake you up during REM sleep (since REM sleep is actually the closest we get to waking up during the process of sleep, in terms of brain activity). It's not unusual for sleep paralysis to happen a few times in someones life, but if it happens too much, I would probably go see a sleep doctor.
Primum Non Nocere

Blueemerald
Apprentice

#10 Post by Blueemerald »

I actually have a two, first i have some odd memories from my childhood of black, shadowy,humanoid figures in well-light hallways of my house. And lastly one that happened occasionally, not as much recently, was i would be in bed well asleep when i suddenly felt as if i was falling from a great height and was jolted awake to find i hadn't moved at all.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#11 Post by Ravenous222 »

I have these re occurring hallucinations at night where I will wake up and see spiders. It looks so damn real and I've torn my entire room up looking for the things time and again and can never get back to sleep afterwards. I only recently learned that other people experience this also and they are in fact not real lol. Still gets me though.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton