The cars topic (Also put your IRL one(s) here !)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

Re: The cars topic (Also put your IRL one(s) here !)

#46 Post by nsamok6620 »

I hope guys do a better job with this than my friends did. What is you realistic dream car? By that I mean the car that you want right now to use every day. When I asked my irl friends they all went to things like a Bugatti or some other supercar. That is not what I'm looking for.

Imagine you can pick one car for free. Insurance doesn't change, but you still need to use it every day. So drive it, park it, buy stuff at the store, fill it with gas, ect. So what would you pick?

I'd pick the Corvette Z06 since it has a trunk and isn't entirely impractical, but because it snows here, I think I would pick the Nissan GTR. AWD, V6 (probably a little better on gas) and I believe they even have a back seat unlike the vette. Plus if I ever loose my mind and desiderate to make it stupid fast, they can be made to go stupid fast lol.

So how about you guys?
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Warrl
Grand Templar

#47 Post by Warrl »

If there were a modernized (not enlarged) version of the small station wagons and pickups Toyota was making in the early 1980s, I'd seriously consider one. Or a van body on a similar-size chassis. Station wagon preferred.

(However, it MUST be towable for long distances at freeway speeds with all four wheels on the ground.)

Samantaz
Master

#48 Post by Samantaz »

I'd love to have a Golf 4 R32 or a Lotus Evora ... they both aren't really expensive to buy (10-15K € / $ 12-18K)* but have really good engines !

* Not really expensive compared to others cars in these categories !
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
EDIT : added pics :D
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#49 Post by SirJahar »

I would want a Ford Fiesta or something simmilar. A small, efficient car that I can be stupid with... and has AC that can stand up to Summer in Texas.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#50 Post by SirSlaughter »

SirJahar wrote:I would want a Ford Fiesta or something simmilar. A small, efficient car that I can be stupid with... and has AC that can stand up to Summer in Texas.
As someone who is on his second Fiesta, I can say it is great. I went from the 2011 SES hatchback model to the 2014 ST.

As for my dream daily, I mean Legit if I could I would really want a supercar and I would daily that thing like no tomorrow.
But I suppose for a more "realistic" approach, I already have my Fiesta, but I wanna say the Austin martin one-77. I guess it's kinda still in that supercar territory, but like I said. I already rock my Fiesta and I'm making it faster as time goes on. But the One-77 just captivates me for some reason.

Then again I could just go for a Mk IV supra because of the potential it has to be such a monster.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#51 Post by Warrl »

Dream car? No contest. An ADMC-12.

That's a DeLorean, as upgraded by Richer Engineering in accordance with the general plan of the late "Rock" Alexander, former chairman of Alexander Harvester International (AHI). Rock had once planned that AHI would be the main US importer of DeLoreans, and also would provide better engines and drive trains; that plan fell through for a number of reasons, but not before a large number of car parts - concidentally exactly what it would take to build one DeLorean - were received and stored in the basement of a building that Richer Engineering now leases from AHI.

Unfortunately, Rock Alexander is a fictional character; AHI is a fictional company; and if Richer Engineering actually exists, I'd bet strongly that its office person is not going to discover a large stack of DeLorean parts in the basement. There are also certain other divergences from reality.

So the ADMC-12 probably will never exist in this world.

(The story is over here.)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#52 Post by Bellhead »

1970-1980 Jeep J-10, with the 4.0L in-line 6, 4-on-the-floor, manual locking hubs and a Frankenstein'd shift-on-the-fly transfer case.

A durable small pickup with a reliable 4WD system, and the nearly invincible Jeep 4.0 to keep it going.

I'd probably put the transfer case in myself, but I would definately have it zinc plated so it would never rust. Yeah, it's old, but for that kind of time honored reliability and the versitility of a Jeep, it's worth it. I'll never trust a tin can again, and I'll never truely believe in a foreign 4-banger to last decades.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

ReBob
Council Member

#53 Post by ReBob »

Golf GTI. My family has a history with cars, if I hadn't been gifted my current car I'd probably suffer a similar fate as my father. As such, something reliable and comfortable will always be my choice.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#54 Post by SirSlaughter »

Ok I just realized what I would want.

I already have a Fiesta so the zippy little utility vehicle has been done.

Now for the car I would daily forever if someone gave it to me.

Lotus.

Either a 2011 Exige or Elise.
The little fun package they are. It's like a stronger Miata and way sexier. Screw utility, screw practical, and screw anything larger. The potential is limitless with this little thing.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#55 Post by Neutral Smith »

*Joins TwoKinds Ford Fiesta owners club*

Just a boring 1.2l from 2010. Gets me from A to B. Nothing special, speed is limited to 150km/h (93mph)

That other car is the thing my employer forces me to drive :P (Nissan NV200)

Cars from my past:
Trabant 601 'limo', 2 cylinders, two-stroke, 600cc, 24hp, a lot of fun to drive.

My second Trabant 601 'combi', 34hp. I blew up the original engine :P (engine swap only takes 2 hours)
(and 'please do not scratch the paint' just doesn't go well with me)

Now I realize I don't have any pictures of my past 2 Ford Fiesta's. I only miss the 'diesel' one. Germans do not like it when you overtake them with 160km/h in a rusty brick. (there are no speed limits on a lot of German highways). I'm not German, I'm Dutch, but Germany is only 1 hour of driving away.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#56 Post by Warrl »

I actually had a cheap car repair job the other day.

On a motorhome, yet.

Under US$10, plus an hour of my time - I don't pretend to be a mechanic - with not-quite-adequate tools.

(I cut off the end of a battery cable and put a new end on it, and also replaced the connectors on both cables. Now the engine starts very easily; before, it wouldn't even try.)

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#57 Post by Lief »

SirSlaughter wrote:Now for the car I would daily forever if someone gave it to me.

Lotus.

Either a 2011 Exige or Elise.
The little fun package they are. It's like a stronger Miata and way sexier. Screw utility, screw practical, and screw anything larger. The potential is limitless with this little thing.
Lotus Elise <3

Samantaz
Master

#58 Post by Samantaz »

SirSlaughter wrote:Lotus.
Lotus are the best cars :3

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-

Salemcripple
Traveler

#59 Post by Salemcripple »

2003 Jetta 1.8t. KO4 (bigger turbo mod). Diode mod (tricks the ECU into upping the boost from ~10 psi to 15-20). Front mount intercooler, 2 liter injectors/coils. Home brew cold air intake, and exhaust. Eibach Springs (stock height). For some reason won't let me post pics

Samantaz
Master

#60 Post by Samantaz »

Salemcripple wrote:2003 Jetta 1.8t. KO4 (bigger turbo mod). Diode mod (tricks the ECU into upping the boost from ~10 psi to 15-20). Front mount intercooler, 2 liter injectors/coils. Home brew cold air intake, and exhaust. Eibach Springs (stock height). For some reason won't let me post pics
Use external hosting website, then put the link here ;)