The cars topic (Also put your IRL one(s) here !)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

Re: Your car(s) IRL

#31 Post by nsamok6620 »

SirSlaughter wrote:You mean this Euro plate?
Spoiler!
I still have it in my garage next to my trophies from all those years ago.

As for the year, it's the 2009 so 300 is probably the real number. I know he put an Invidia Exhaust on it so it sounds pretty awesome.

The one I have is from Mishimoto and I believe it was 160 like yours.
Didn't you have one that said SirSlaughter at one point?

Also I seem to remember something out condensation buildup with the 160, but I can't remember the details.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#32 Post by SirSlaughter »

I did, but it was one of those spraypaint ones:
Spoiler!
My parents got it for me and asked what I wanted it to say, I was like...uh....Yeah my online handle will work. And then they asked for a theme and I just said Dark Souls because I didn't know what else to do and they delivered. It was promptly replaced with the euro plate because the black box that the NA cars have on the front was ugly as crap to me.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#33 Post by nsamok6620 »

SirSlaughter wrote:I did, but it was one of those spraypaint ones:
Spoiler!
My parents got it for me and asked what I wanted it to say, I was like...uh....Yeah my online handle will work. And then they asked for a theme and I just said Dark Souls because I didn't know what else to do and they delivered. It was promptly replaced with the euro plate because the black box that the NA cars have on the front was ugly as crap to me.
Ah that's right I remember now.

BTW, I envy all you guys with the newer cars. I'm getting really tired of fixing all the things wrong with my car. Just put my door panel back on today after fixing the window yesterday but without AC I'm still a sweaty mess by the time I get home from work. If it were things that have to do with the ability to drive that's fine, but I hate having to fix the 'comfort' things.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Samantaz
Master

#34 Post by Samantaz »

nsamok6620 wrote:BTW, I envy all you guys with the newer cars. I'm getting really tired of fixing all the things wrong with my car. Just put my door panel back on today after fixing the window yesterday but without AC I'm still a sweaty mess by the time I get home from work. If it were things that have to do with the ability to drive that's fine, but I hate having to fix the 'comfort' things.
Having "non-comfort things to fix is worse ... a few days ago i had a coolant leak. can't travel much to not overheat, or traveled with liters of water :/ Wasn't fun.
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#35 Post by nsamok6620 »

Samantaz wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:BTW, I envy all you guys with the newer cars. I'm getting really tired of fixing all the things wrong with my car. Just put my door panel back on today after fixing the window yesterday but without AC I'm still a sweaty mess by the time I get home from work. If it were things that have to do with the ability to drive that's fine, but I hate having to fix the 'comfort' things.
Having "non-comfort things to fix is worse ... a few days ago i had a coolant leak. can't travel much to not overheat, or traveled with liters of water :/ Wasn't fun.
I just meant I don't mind it as much since it is something that obviously needs to be fixed in order to drive the car. I don't need my window to roll down to still be able to drive. But I spent the money to fix it anyways.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#36 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

It's not my exact car (just searched Google images), but same make, model, year, and color. I actually just got it like 4 days ago, due to the one I was driving falling apart (2004 Pontiac Montana)
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#37 Post by SirSlaughter »

Whenever I have to spend money on something I think about how often I use it.

In the case of cars and computers, I use them every single day or almost every single day so I want them to be as nice as I can make them and keep them nice. I don't want to be one of those guys who has a car that breaks down every other day and is constantly spending money to fix it. You end up spending so much time and money fixing it that you may as well have bought a nicer new car and had less headaches. Sure you can say "but it taught me how to fix cars and stuff", but i have a nice car (at least I would like to say I do) and I still modify it and do maintenance on it myself (except for oil and checkups for warranty reasons) so I know how to fix quite a bit on my car.

I don't know if I made any sense just now. I'm jaded after that college I went to for car technician training. Too much broken down trucks or loud assed diesels running around because 'Murica! and stuff. So many [censored] cars in the same spot. My bright paint and the fact it wasn't a truck that "rolled coal" or a car that broke down every other second made my car stand out big time.

Also, on top of the intercooler I want to get in the future, I think I might start leaning towards some more visual mods right afterwards.
I'm going to try for this body kit setup:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Samantaz
Master

#38 Post by Samantaz »

It totally agree with you. It's better to get a good car, then upgrade it, than getting a bad car and no being able to upgrade due to time/money spent in fixes.

My brother had this type of issue : He had a Honda Civic. He started working on it, but after many money spent (he installed an inox exhaut pipe, anyway) he realized that it was too much work (rusty body and heavy mechanics on the engine).

In my case i have to fix many small things on "my" car. And because it's my mother's car (she let me use it, oc), I didn't spend anything for it.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#39 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Samantaz wrote:It totally agree with you. It's better to get a good car, then upgrade it, than getting a bad car and no being able to upgrade due to time/money spent in fixes.

My brother had this type of issue : He had a Honda Civic. He started working on it, but after many money spent (he installed an inox exhaut pipe, anyway) he realized that it was too much work (rusty body and heavy mechanics on the engine).

In my case i have to fix many small things on "my" car. And because it's my mother's car (she let me use it, oc), I didn't spend anything for it.
Luckily for me, my pickup doesn't have any actual problems, short of an aging dying battery, that prevents it from being made into the offroad vehicle its destined to be.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#40 Post by nsamok6620 »

The only reason I would disagree with you guys is if you aren't in a position to buy a new car. I can afford to spend a couple hundred every few months to keep it on the road and still save for a house, but if I bought a new car right now the monthly payments would make my monthly savings much less. House comes first. I'm fine with driving this thing till the wheels fall off if that's what it takes to get into a place of my own before too long.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#41 Post by Ryusen »

nsamok6620 wrote:The only reason I would disagree with you guys is if you aren't in a position to buy a new car. I can afford to spend a couple hundred every few months to keep it on the road and still save for a house, but if I bought a new car right now the monthly payments would make my monthly savings much less. House comes first.
Think outside the box, and kill two birds with one stone!

Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#42 Post by Bellhead »

'95 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.2 L V8, 4WD. I get a whopping 11 MPG combined last time I checked, and according to some friends at school, it'll put out about 300 HP with a top speed of exactly 100 mph on the dash on the straight and flat, wide open.

It needs bodywork in every way imaginable, an alignment, a steering box, and the frame is rotting out. But, to this day, after 200k miles, work-truck abuse, daily driver abuse and 5 years sitting outside in New England, it STILL starts up by the third crank every time, and runs smooth as butter. That, and the 4WD and 4WL lights are blown, and the ABS light won't shut off (even though I don't have ABS), and the "BRAKE" light won't turn off. Eh. It'll still smoke that ricer at a stoplight. Not bad for 21 years of rust, eh?

It replaced an '03 Passat that.. well, I can count the things that didn't give me problems on ONE HAND.

And my daily driver is one of These, an '83 Yamaha MAXIM 550. It'll do a little over 100 with your head down, and will get 60 MPG doing 50 or so, with a quad-carb in-line 4. ImHappyWithIt.jpg
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#43 Post by nsamok6620 »

Bellhead wrote:'95 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.2 L V8, 4WD. I get a whopping 11 MPG combined last time I checked, and according to some friends at school, it'll put out about 300 HP with a top speed of exactly 100 mph on the dash on the straight and flat, wide open.

It needs bodywork in every way imaginable, an alignment, a steering box, and the frame is rotting out. But, to this day, after 200k miles, work-truck abuse, daily driver abuse and 5 years sitting outside in New England, it STILL starts up by the third crank every time, and runs smooth as butter. That, and the 4WD and 4WL lights are blown, and the ABS light won't shut off (even though I don't have ABS), and the "BRAKE" light won't turn off. Eh. It'll still smoke that ricer at a stoplight. Not bad for 21 years of rust, eh?

It replaced an '03 Passat that.. well, I can count the things that didn't give me problems on ONE HAND.

And my daily driver is one of These, an '83 Yamaha MAXIM 550. It'll do a little over 100 with your head down, and will get 60 MPG doing 50 or so, with a quad-carb in-line 4. ImHappyWithIt.jpg
Props for it all working, but do me a favor and check the brake fluid next time you're under the hood. The fluid being low is one reason the "brake" light comes one. I thought it was just another problem with my ABS/traction control when my light came on, but turned out one of my calipers had a slow leak and I just lost all my fluid haha.

I have to say though, unless you are bouncing off your revlimiter in high gear while doing 100, I regret to inform you that you do not have 300 hp. I have 300 and did 146 before I chickened out and slowed down.

Edit: although, it is a truck, so it is heavier and less aero dynamic. So it's possible I suppose.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#44 Post by Bellhead »

nsamok6620 wrote:
Bellhead wrote:Car Snip
Props for it all working, but do me a favor and check the brake fluid next time you're under the hood. The fluid being low is one reason the "brake" light comes one. I thought it was just another problem with my ABS/traction control when my light came on, but turned out one of my calipers had a slow leak and I just lost all my fluid haha.

I have to say though, unless you are bouncing off your revlimiter in high gear while doing 100, I regret to inform you that you do not have 300 hp. I have 300 and did 146 before I chickened out and slowed down.

Edit: although, it is a truck, so it is heavier and less aero dynamic. So it's possible I suppose.
It's a Dodge. In my experience with them, if they've got a good battery, they'll be reliable transportation, if a little rusty, but the ABS light is just on, hands down. And yes, I check the fluids regularly; I've changed every line it's got by hand, including brake, power steering, fuel and trans fluid.

I'd change something in the oil system too, since it leaks, but I can't find the leak for the life of me. I've just resigned myself to adding a quart every month or so. "It's a 20-year-old Dodge pickup. It's gonna leak." For a vehicle that won't leave me stranded, that's a small price to pay.

It might be pushing 300, it might not. I can smoke just about anything I pull up next to around here, but it is a parachute in a wind tunnel. lol
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Samantaz
Master

#45 Post by Samantaz »

Coming back on the gasoline subject ....

Just saw last week, at the pump, a new gasoline .. e85 xDD
It's coming here too ! (issues too i guess)

And no more 95 octane, just 95-E10, which is bad for my car ...

btw : didn't repaired my exhaust line for now, so my car is loud as hell ^^

EDIT :
Finally fixed my exhaust line !!
My car is so quiet now O.o

But a problem solved brings other ones ... my right gimbal's sealing is torn and all the gimbal grease is leaking on my brakes ...
Also my exhaust line hasn't enough silentblocks so it's falling dangerously (too heavy) ...

Damned car :(