The cars topic (Also put your IRL one(s) here !)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Samantaz
Master

Re: Your car(s) IRL

#16 Post by Samantaz »

I think it depends on the testing system (RON, MON or AKI)
In France we use the RON rating system and the US use the AKI system (result of (RON + MON) / 2)

So our "98 octane" is your "89-90" and our "95 octane" is your "85-86"
And our "95-E10" is the equvalent of your "e85" (10% ethanol in both).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#17 Post by nsamok6620 »

Samantaz wrote:I think it depends on the testing system (RON, MON or AKI)
In France we use the RON rating system and the US use the AKI system (result of (RON + MON) / 2)

So our "98 octane" is your "89-90" and our "95 octane" is your "85-86"
And our "95-E10" is the equvalent of your "e85" (10% ethanol in both).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
All except for the e85 part makes sense. E85 here is 85% ethanol. Like I said the blend changes in colder weather, I believe they decrease the amount of ethanol.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Samantaz
Master

#18 Post by Samantaz »

85% ethanol O.o mine has difficulties with 10%, so 85 ....

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#19 Post by nsamok6620 »

Samantaz wrote:85% ethanol O.o mine has difficulties with 10%, so 85 ....
Haha the car needs to be set up to be able to run it. Larger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and of course a tune. Older cars will most likely need new fuel lines as well because i hear ethenol can eat some forms of rubber. You get more power but you use way more fuel. But it isn't bad since e85 is always significantly cheaper than normal fuel. They don't sell it everywhere though.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#20 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

There are a lot of guys around here that run Rav-4s as offroad vehicles, because Toyota.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#21 Post by SirSlaughter »

I'm not even gonna imbed a million photos of what I have and have had.
Instead I will just post this: https://www.carthrottle.com/user/w2UasB/
Spoiler!
you can click on the "garage" link and you can see my cars through the years including my current vehicle.

Or if you want, you can see the actual Build thread of all the steps I've taken to do what I've done here:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/thre ... *PIC-HEAVY*
2014 Fiesta ST in Molten Orange Paint.
Current modifications are:

Boomba Racing BOV adapter
Boomba Racing Symposer Delete
Cobb Tuning Lower Motor Mount
Cobb Tuning AP3 (tuning hardware) Tuned to Stage 1
Cobb Tuning Cat-Back Exhaust
Injen Cold Air Intake in Wrinkle Red
Damond Motorsports Oil Catch Can
Enkei EV5 Rims in bronze

When I got it, the car had all the options (minus painted calipers and grey wheels), Navigation, Moonroof, Recaro Racing seats, etc.
The stock numbers are 197HP with about 212 lbs of torque. After the modification and their "claimed" number increases I "should" be at around 220 ish HP and maybe 240 lbs of torque?
Idunno, I don't put much faither in those claimed numbers from things like an exhaust and intake. I did it all in the name of cool car noises.

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Ryusen »

MUDPUNISHER wrote:There are a lot of guys around here that run Rav-4s as offroad vehicles, because Toyota.
If someone wanted an off-road Toyota, then the Tacoma or 4Runner would be the way to go. But I live in an area with no hills, no elevation, no snow, and limited off-road areas. Unless you have a truck to tow a boat, then there isn't much reason (or opportunity) to utilize something off-road in this area.

Not that it stops people from buying lifted, kitted-out trucks with smoke stacks, but the hardest thing they hit is a pot-hole driving downtown.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

ReBob
Council Member

#23 Post by ReBob »

Samantaz wrote:
ReBob wrote:What a powerhouse. I kid, I got mine from a well off grandpa as charity, no way I can knock someone else's ride. Unless it's a Morgan, drum and cymbal off cliff.
Lul. What are your's specs ?
3.5-liter V-6 engine, 263hp. Stock.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#24 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Ryusen wrote:
MUDPUNISHER wrote:There are a lot of guys around here that run Rav-4s as offroad vehicles, because Toyota.
If someone wanted an off-road Toyota, then the Tacoma or 4Runner would be the way to go. But I live in an area with no hills, no elevation, no snow, and limited off-road areas. Unless you have a truck to tow a boat, then there isn't much reason (or opportunity) to utilize something off-road in this area.

Not that it stops people from buying lifted, kitted-out trucks with smoke stacks, but the hardest thing they hit is a pot-hole driving downtown.
Oh trust me, my off-road project is an 89 Toyota pickup (Not Tacoma, hilux, or tundra, literally just called pickup, because late 80's Toyota naming.), I'm just saying that a lot of guys around here run old and new Rav-4s, they also have more money than they need so they can use to build dumb custom [censored] out of Rav-4s.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Samantaz
Master

#25 Post by Samantaz »

SirSlaughter wrote:2014 Fiesta ST in Molten Orange Paint.

When I got it, the car had all the options (minus painted calipers and grey wheels), Navigation, Moonroof, Recaro Racing seats, etc.
The stock numbers are 197HP with about 212 lbs of torque. After the modification and their "claimed" number increases I "should" be at around 220 ish HP and maybe 240 lbs of torque?
ReBob wrote:3.5-liter V-6 engine, 263hp. Stock.
Oww guys ! :shock: Those cars :heart:
Mine feels so ... like a bike xD

I love your Fiesta's color SirSlaughter ! And what's the model of the black nissan ? a 350Z ?

And BTW, no one has license plate on the front ?

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#26 Post by nsamok6620 »

Samantaz wrote:
And BTW, no one has license plate on the front ?
Nope. Michigan doesn't require it, thank goodness. At least this car has a specific spot for it. My first car was a 97 firebird with the lower model front end. It didn't have a specific place for one so I would have had to just screw a holder into place or something.
Spoiler!
this one isn't mine, but it looked like this with stock wheels.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Samantaz
Master

#27 Post by Samantaz »

nsamok6620 wrote:Nope. Michigan doesn't require it, thank goodness. At least this car has a specific spot for it. My first car was a 97 firebird with the lower model front end. It didn't have a specific place for one so I would have had to just screw a holder into place or something.
You're lucky ... In france cars must have a front license plate. On mine it's not bad (cuz the car isn't beautiful, lel) but with other cars it's soo ugly.
At least, motorbikes aren't concerned by these rules.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#28 Post by SirSlaughter »

Many states in America do not require a front license plate.

As for the other car, it is indeed a 350Z. It's my fathers and it runs I think around 350HP? I think that's the max advertised horsepower. Because you know, manufacturers kinda advertise different numbers than what you normally get on a dyno because they run their own tests on the engine alone.

Oh, I also have a racing Thermostat awaiting install on my car, it's just the work needed is way too much for the time I have. Otherwise I would have done it. I'll install it when I get a new intercooler and upgrade to the stage 3 tune on my car. Then I can start to worry about going farther than that.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#29 Post by nsamok6620 »

SirSlaughter wrote:Many states in America do not require a front license plate.

As for the other car, it is indeed a 350Z. It's my fathers and it runs I think around 350HP? I think that's the max advertised horsepower. Because you know, manufacturers kinda advertise different numbers than what you normally get on a dyno because they run their own tests on the engine alone.

Oh, I also have a racing Thermostat awaiting install on my car, it's just the work needed is way too much for the time I have. Otherwise I would have done it. I'll install it when I get a new intercooler and upgrade to the stage 3 tune on my car. Then I can start to worry about going farther than that.
Are you ever going to get the Euro plate with your online name again? It's not my style, but it was pretty cool.

What year is your dad's 350Z? I don't know about the nismo models, but the standard additions didn't get much over 300hp (according to Wikipedia anyways)

What temp Tstat are you installing? I've got a 180 degree one in mine. There is also a 160 available for my engine, but I've understand that that one doesn't really allow to engine to warm up properly. For example in the winter I might not get good heat with the 160 installed. But for true racing purposes it makes sense. I don't know what the winter months are like where you are though, so you might not even need heat haha. (Also I don't know what effect coolant temp has on turbo engines, so I might just be talking out of my [censored])
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#30 Post by SirSlaughter »

You mean this Euro plate?
Spoiler!
I still have it in my garage next to my trophies from all those years ago.

As for the year, it's the 2009 so 300 is probably the real number. I know he put an Invidia Exhaust on it so it sounds pretty awesome.

The one I have is from Mishimoto and I believe it was 160 like yours.