The cars topic (Also put your IRL one(s) here !)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Samantaz
Master

The cars topic (Also put your IRL one(s) here !)

#1 Post by Samantaz »

I waked up few days ago with an idea.

There are threads about "what do you look like" or "what do you sound like" in real life, but, as far i can see (searched just a bit), there's no topic about what you CAR looks like in real life ! (let me know if there is already one)

So here it is ! I don't know if many of you are interested by cars, but let's try ! (in the worst case, i'll delete the topic)

Btw, if you want to post pics, hide license plates :roll: , it's better for everyone, especially You !

EDIT : Changed the topic name to cars in general !
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

ReBob
Council Member

Re: Your car(s) IRL

#2 Post by ReBob »

Second image on Google, not of my own car but same make, model, and color. Got it as a gift from my grandfather, who just happens to look like a taller, thinner Robert Duvall.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#3 Post by nsamok6620 »

Yay! Now there's a topic for all the things I love!

Here's mine. Someone did a tiny bit of photoshopping to get rid of rock chips in the front bumper, but other than that and some dirt (and rust) and a ditterent spoiler, that's what she looks like today.

Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Samantaz
Master

#4 Post by Samantaz »

nsamok6620 wrote:Yay! Now there's a topic for all the things I love!
I'm glad you like that ! What's the make/model btw ?

Mine is a renault Clio 2 :D with an *overpowered* (70 hp...) 1.4L gasoline engine !

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-

ReBob
Council Member

#5 Post by ReBob »

Samantaz wrote: Mine is a renault Clio 2 :D with an *overpowered* (70 hp...) 1.4L gasoline engine !
[img]Teh%20car[/img]
What a powerhouse. I kid, I got mine from a well off grandpa as charity, no way I can knock someone else's ride. Unless it's a Morgan, drum and cymbal off cliff.

What are the numbers for that beauty, Nsamok6620?
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Samantaz
Master

#6 Post by Samantaz »

ReBob wrote:What a powerhouse. I kid, I got mine from a well off grandpa as charity, no way I can knock someone else's ride. Unless it's a Morgan, drum and cymbal off cliff.
Lul. What are your's specs ?

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#7 Post by nsamok6620 »

I'm to lazy too quote both of you lol.

It's a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. From the factory it's supercharged 3.8 liter V6 put out 240 HP at the crank, and after loss through the drive line it put down about 200 through the front wheels.

But that was when it was stock. This biggest thing that I've changed is the camshaft. The one I chose is considered one of the most aggressive cams for use as a daily driven car. There was a lot of stuff that was added in support of that, like stiffer valve springs, a double timing chain instead of single, thicker pushrods, etc. It also has a much better flowing exhaust. I regret going with the system I did, but if nothing else I thing it made the car sound better than the higher performance systems. Then because air is getting in and out of the engine much easier it allows for a smaller pulley on the supercharger. There are some other parts on it, but the ones listed are really the only ones adding power.

(With something like better flowing exhaust the amount of boost will actually drop with the same size pulley. So I'm actually creating the same amount of boost as a stock car, but a lot more volume is moving through the engine.)

So after all that is makes just a hair over 300 at the crank. On the dyno it made 255-6 at the wheels.

But don't be fooled, it's a hunk of junk lol. The engine and transmission are the only things worth saving. The underbody is rusted really bad. I can see daylight shining through the rust hole of the rear driver side strut tower. Paint is bubbling and peeling due to surface rust. I predict in a few years the car will literally fall apart.

But while I have it I do enjoy it. I found out a couple weeks ago that despite my tuner saying he puts a speed limiter on at some point above the factory limit (which was 110mph iirc) he didn't put one on mine. Or if he did he set it at a speed I'll never be able to reach haha.

disclaimer: all driving was done by a professional driver* on a closed course**.

*The driver was me
**the course may or may not have been a freeway lol
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Samantaz
Master

#8 Post by Samantaz »

Wow ! Nice stuff ! The gasoline seems cheap around you ...
nsamok6620 wrote:disclaimer: all driving was done by a professional driver* on a closed course**.
*The driver was me
xDD

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#9 Post by nsamok6620 »

Samantaz wrote:Wow ! Nice stuff ! The gasoline seems cheap around you ...
nsamok6620 wrote:disclaimer: all driving was done by a professional driver* on a closed course**.
*The driver was me
xDD
You weren't supposed to see that! Hahaha

And it's not terrible. It requires 93 octane, which is the most expensive option. It's been hovering around $3/gallon for a while. Sometimes over, sometimes under. I still get about 26 miles per gallon on the freeway. And for a 17 year old car that's pretty good even before all the mods and stuf .
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Samantaz
Master

#10 Post by Samantaz »

nsamok6620 wrote:
*The driver was me
xDD

And it's not terrible. It requires 93 octane, which is the most expensive option. It's been hovering around $3/gallon for a while. Sometimes over, sometimes under. I still get about 26 miles per gallon on the freeway. And for a 17 year old car that's pretty good even before all the mods and stuf .
wow ! That's almost nothing

Mine has a consumption of 1 Liter for 10 km on highway with 95 octane, and around 1.5 L for 10 Km in city with 98 octane.
It has. 70. Hp.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#11 Post by nsamok6620 »

Samantaz wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:
*The driver was me
xDD

wow ! That's almost nothing

Mine has a consumption of 1 Liter for 10 km on highway with 95 octane, and around 1.5 L for 10 Km in city with 98 octane.
It has. 70. Hp.
Damn 98 octane?! That's considered almost racing gas here. I don't even know where I could buy some.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Ryusen »

My girl is a 2011 Toyota Rav4. I have a part-time gig doing Uber driving (outside my real job), so I need a car that has a fair amount of creature comforts. It's certainly no Lexus, but it fits the bill fairly well. I take a small amount of pride in keeping my car well cleaned. "Immaculate" isn't quite the word to describe it, though many of my fares are surprised when I tell them it's a 5-year-old car.

I've had other cars in the past, including a 96 Accord, 01 Celica, and another 2011 Rav4 (which was killed in an accident). I'm hoping this will be my last gas car, and I'll be able to switch to a Tesla in the next 5 years, though that may be overly optimistic :P .
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Ryusen wrote:http://i.imgur.com/tlImiGG.jpg[/img]

My girl is a 2011 Toyota Rav4. I have a part-time gig doing Uber driving (outside my real job), so I need a car that has a fair amount of creature comforts. It's certainly no Lexus, but it fits the bill fairly well. I take a small amount of pride in keeping my car well cleaned. "Immaculate" isn't quite the word to describe it, though many of my fares are surprised when I tell them it's a 5-year-old car.

I've had other cars in the past, including a 96 Accord, 01 Celica, and another 2011 Rav4 (which was killed in an accident). I'm hoping this will be my last gas car, and I'll be able to switch to a Tesla in the next 5 years, though that may be overly optimistic :P .

Has Rav 4.
Isn't built for offroading.
What are you even doing man?
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Samantaz
Master

#14 Post by Samantaz »

nsamok6620 wrote:Damn 98 octane?! That's considered almost racing gas here. I don't even know where I could buy some.
Our gasoline is Pb-free, idk for yours.
Usually we use 98 octane for olders vehicules, because it's closer to old "super" (plumbed) gasoline.
Otherwise, we use 95 octane, which begans to be replaced by 95-E10 (10% of ethanol in gasoline), a pure piece [censored].
Ryusen wrote:I'm hoping this will be my last gas car, and I'll be able to switch to a Tesla in the next 5 years, though that may be overly optimistic :P .
I hope for you ! They are terrible cars ! And not so much expensive (starting around $30K if i remember well)
Ryusen wrote:"Immaculate" isn't quite the word to describe it, though many of my fares are surprised when I tell them it's a 5-year-old car.
If it looks like that, yeah, that's the word ! Looks new !

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#15 Post by nsamok6620 »

MUDPUNISHER wrote:
Ryusen wrote:http://i.imgur.com/tlImiGG.jpg[/img]

Has Rav 4.
Isn't built for offroading.
What are you even doing man?

I don't think I've ever even heard of someone wanting a Rav4 for offloading. It's always either a jeep or a truck. Not that I know many people that do actual offloading, but I see a LOT of lifted trucks and jeeps in my day to day travels.

And about the gas, I suppose that makes sense for the older vehicles. With the exception of very specialized race fuel, all gas here is also unleaded (Pb free) but like I said I've never seen a pump have higher than 93 octane. And most people don't even use that when they are supposed to because they're cheap. They end up using 87 or 89, whichever is the cheapest at that station. I've even seen places that only had 91 or 89 as their highest option. There were only a couple places around my old University that sold 93.

Oh, and all but the highest level fuel (either 93 or 91 depending on what the gas station sells) has up to 10% ethanol in it here. I don't really mind since I never use it haha.

I almost switched to e85, which burns much cooler than normal gas. It would have allowed for more boost and I would have seen a pretty significant power increase. But the blend changes in winter so I'd have to get my tune adjusted, and I hear e85 cars don't like to start in the cold. Plus all the parts I needed were pretty expensive so I just skipped it.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O