The Ranks

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Logan Furry
Citizen

The Ranks

#1 Post by Logan Furry »

Part 2 of my double rant
So I have noticed the whole Ranking system is there and good but I was curious as to if it was given or if it is automated (I understand it's given to Mods and Admins by the Lord/other admins) and the little FAQ doesn't give much insight. Also I was curious on the entire list of the rankings and if they could perhaps be listed accordingly (Newbie being first, "God"? [or whatever Tom has] being last) and if there's ones that you can earn simply by being promoted just specify with a kind and orderly prothesis stating that it's a promotion...I'm sorry I'm very tired and I can't word very well. So hope this is understood and if not I'll revise a non-tired version in the replies
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: The Ranks

#2 Post by Hayate »

The "ranks" or "titles" that accompany your username are a reflection of how many posts you have made on the forum. As you spend time here and contribute to the threads and topics here your post count goes up and so does your "rank"
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#3 Post by FrogSteaks »

Here you go. You can also apply for a custom title after surpassing 1000 posts and being a forum member for a year. That's without any ban/warnings issued by mods.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#4 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

FrogSteaks wrote:You can also apply for a custom title after surpassing 1000 posts and being a forum member for a year.
Like mine.

Though looking at those rankings, should have made it after the last post-count title.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

I actually didn't know someone had compiled a list of all the ranks. I'm kinda sad I looked because now it's taken the surprise out of it :(
On another note, scrolling through some of the users, I've noticed a lot of people with way less that 1000 posts that have custom titles, some were even active less than a year I think..,
Oh well, custom title, here I come!
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#6 Post by FrogSteaks »

Yeah, I dunno. I guess the 1000 post/1 year threshold isn't totally concrete? Oh well, at my rate, I should hit 1k about late winter/early spring next year. I have absolutely no idea what I want as my custom. :roll:
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#7 Post by Bellhead »

I've been wondering about a custom title myself. I got a warning back in the days of BigKK (which I will NOT get into ever), but that went away after 6 months, I thought. Did that make me ineligible forever to get a custom title?

And if not, what would you guys recommend I get?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#8 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Bellhead wrote:Did that make me ineligible forever to get a custom title?
You can always ask yash. He's the one who decides your fate.

Logan Furry
Citizen

#9 Post by Logan Furry »

Again, thank you all for the clear and understandable replies and being able to read my tired writing.
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

FrogSteaks wrote:Yeah, I dunno. I guess the 1000 post/1 year threshold isn't totally concrete? Oh well, at my rate, I should hit 1k about late winter/early spring next year. I have absolutely no idea what I want as my custom. :roll:
The general rule of thumb has been 1000 posts/1 year with no active bans or warnings. There are special exceptions though based on merit.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#11 Post by Him »

Bellhead wrote:Did that make me ineligible forever to get a custom title?
No, as long as you have been consistently good since you should be eligible. However, such things are on a case by case basis as well. So the best thing to do would be to talk with Yash about it.