"REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Deaththekat
Merchant
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Somewhere in hell

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#121 Post by Deaththekat »

nsamok6620 wrote:snip.
Ill go lookin for your pic and for a pic of mine

Edit--
Oh thats a purty pistol


Edit#2---
MY FATHER IS GETTING ME MY DREAM PISTOL FOR CHRISTMAS.
Taurus raging bull 44 mag.
I am ridiculously happy. This will be the first revolver Ive ever owned. I shot one of these before and I fell in love.
Definately taking this hog hunting when I get back to texas
Spoiler!
Image
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

User avatar
SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: 不滅の神天皇の名の下に殺しグリーン大群の真ん中に!
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#122 Post by SirSlaughter »

You must be sucking up there, Nsamok, for that ammo. Over at my store we have plenty of 7.62X25 Tokarev ammunition.

Here is the distributor we go through: https://www.rsrgroup.com/product/CARASAM2001B

We seem to be the only gun place that goes through them in my area which sucks because they can get their hands on some pretty sweet stuff.
Or you can try to see if anyone can just get stuff from Century Arms in general. Century arms is the importer for pretty much everything from the areas that your Tokarev originated.
They also import what I want to be my next handgun which is the Canik TP9 V2 and SA.

Turkish made P99 Clone that still has some nice quality to it for a $300-ish price point.
http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/canik ... ture-test/

Image
It comes with a nice holster, a hard shell case, 2 magazines, and the firearm has a decocker with certain models having a trigger dingus. It's pretty nice, but my store is the only place that has one, but due to me being a TN resident, I cannot purchase a handgun in my store because it has a KY FFL.

Also, my AR is almost done, I only need the completed upper assembly and a stock to finish it. So maybe between $400-500 later and it should be functional.

User avatar
nsamok6620
Blacksmith
Posts: 2619
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Sanctuary, NW Commonwealth
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#123 Post by nsamok6620 »

Unfortunately no store around me carries 7.62x25. Ive called all of them lol. Most of them went looking in the rifle isle, which means they hadn't ven heard of it. And buying it online usually has a ridiculous shipping charge. So I always just wait and get mine from gun shows. I dont go shooting hardly ever so a box of 20 or 50 will last me a while.

Also thats a nice looking revolver. I love revolvers, but both of mine are complicated XD
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
Image
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

User avatar
Deaththekat
Merchant
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Somewhere in hell

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#124 Post by Deaththekat »

nsamok6620 wrote: Also thats a nice looking revolver. I love revolvers, but both of mine are complicated XD
Ifyou were talking to me, it is gorgeous, the one i got to fire had extrememly low recoil for a large caliber handgun
Here, go read about its features
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

User avatar
Logan Furry
Citizen
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:19 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#125 Post by Logan Furry »

Don't personally own a firearm (unless you count inheriting a Police issue firearm from a dead parent which I don't) but if it's cool I'd like to say I truly admire the PPSH-41. This was truly one lovely gun, especially with the drum bag.
Murr~
Image
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Image
Image
Image
Image
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

User avatar
nsamok6620
Blacksmith
Posts: 2619
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Sanctuary, NW Commonwealth
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#126 Post by nsamok6620 »

Logan Furry wrote:Don't personally own a firearm (unless you count inheriting a Police issue firearm from a dead parent which I don't) but if it's cool I'd like to say I truly admire the PPSH-41. This was truly one lovely gun, especially with the drum bag.
Murr~
Image
I agree, I always liked that gun since I first learned about it. It might have been a little awkward to use with the drum mag, since there wasn't a great way to hold it with your front hand anymore. But hey, at least you got a nice chair out of it!

Image
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
Image
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

User avatar
Logan Furry
Citizen
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:19 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#127 Post by Logan Furry »

nsamok6620 wrote: I agree, I always liked that gun since I first learned about it. It might have been a little awkward to use with the drum mag, since there wasn't a great way to hold it with your front hand anymore. But hey, at least you got a nice chair out of it!

[img]sitting%20on%20PPSH[/img]
Heh, you made me giggle
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Image
Image
Image
Image
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

User avatar
Jarlath
Citizen
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm
Location: Near a loving wife in Canada.
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#128 Post by Jarlath »

New to the board, but glad to see some other firearms owners not afraid of saying wait they own.

The stigma is a little different up in Canada, but...

Current favourites:
S&W M&P in .40
Chiappa Rhino in .357
Mossy 590A1

Plus a plethora of .22's

User avatar
nsamok6620
Blacksmith
Posts: 2619
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Sanctuary, NW Commonwealth
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#129 Post by nsamok6620 »

Jarlath wrote:New to the board, but glad to see some other firearms owners not afraid of saying wait they own.

The stigma is a little different up in Canada, but...

Current favourites:
S&W M&P in .40
Chiappa Rhino in .357
Mossy 590A1

Plus a plethora of .22's
Say, nice avatar :wink:
Also, what barrel length did you get your Chiappa in? I went with the 5" because its proportions looked the best imo. The 4 doesn't look bad either though.
Image
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
Image
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

User avatar
Jarlath
Citizen
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm
Location: Near a loving wife in Canada.
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#130 Post by Jarlath »

nsamok6620 wrote: Say, nice avatar :wink:
Also, what barrel length did you get your Chiappa in? I went with the 5" because its proportions looked the best imo. The 4 doesn't look bad either though.
Image
Yeah, I have the 5" as well as it is the best compromise in action shooting for size vs accuracy.

Like the image, as I also have a Mateba in .357 with the 6" barrel in Nickel. One of 3 in Canada and the 2000 or so made. (Actually did a phone interview with Actor Thomas Jane regarding the gun as he owns one used in Give Em Hell Malone).

User avatar
nsamok6620
Blacksmith
Posts: 2619
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Sanctuary, NW Commonwealth
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#131 Post by nsamok6620 »

Jarlath wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote: Say, nice avatar :wink:
Also, what barrel length did you get your Chiappa in? I went with the 5" because its proportions looked the best imo. The 4 doesn't look bad either though.
Image
Yeah, I have the 5" as well as it is the best compromise in action shooting for size vs accuracy.

Like the image, as I also have a Mateba in .357 with the 6" barrel in Nickel. One of 3 in Canada and the 2000 or so made. (Actually did a phone interview with Actor Thomas Jane regarding the gun as he owns one used in Give Em Hell Malone).
Cool! Mine is a 44. It didn't come with the muzzle break, just a cover for the threads. Got in a bidding war for it with who I suspect was the seller since after paying twice the starting bid there was another one for sale from the same guy, and it has been for sale for a few years now. But I'm happy I got it, makes it look better imo.

Does yours shoot alright? Every so often, mine will actually skip a few chambers (I think). What happens is I will fire say 4 shots, then pull the trigger and nothing. Pull two more times and nothing, then pull and it will fire, and again for the last one. So it isn't light primer strikes because it would require 6 pulls to come around again. Even if I knew where a gun smith was I don't think they would know what to do with this thing. Do you happen to know someone I could contact about this?
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
Image
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

User avatar
Jarlath
Citizen
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm
Location: Near a loving wife in Canada.
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#132 Post by Jarlath »

nsamok6620 wrote: Cool! Mine is a 44. It didn't come with the muzzle break, just a cover for the threads. Got in a bidding war for it with who I suspect was the seller since after paying twice the starting bid there was another one for sale from the same guy, and it has been for sale for a few years now. But I'm happy I got it, makes it look better imo.

Does yours shoot alright? Every so often, mine will actually skip a few chambers (I think). What happens is I will fire say 4 shots, then pull the trigger and nothing. Pull two more times and nothing, then pull and it will fire, and again for the last one. So it isn't light primer strikes because it would require 6 pulls to come around again. Even if I knew where a gun smith was I don't think they would know what to do with this thing. Do you happen to know someone I could contact about this?
I have the muzzle brake option with mine, and it's a fun toy. I've had to have my front sight fixed (It was always way to far left). I never seem to have an issue with shooting off the ammo. But mine keeps rattling into lose screws and such (Lost one of the snap rings on the bar near the cylinder release). Had the top rear sight plate shake itself loose a couple times.

As for parts service etc.. I dunno. I was tempted to have all parts patterned so I could have replacements made as a JIC. It can be that the chamber face is slightly recessed (say a thousandth or two) which would make for unreliable primer hits.
BTW, take a look at my write up of the Mateba. https://tpf-online.com/archives/article ... torevolve/
Published way back a decade ago (give or take) in a Canadian Shooting publication...

User avatar
nsamok6620
Blacksmith
Posts: 2619
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Sanctuary, NW Commonwealth
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#133 Post by nsamok6620 »

Jarlath wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote: Cool! Mine is a 44. It didn't come with the muzzle break, just a cover for the threads. Got in a bidding war for it with who I suspect was the seller since after paying twice the starting bid there was another one for sale from the same guy, and it has been for sale for a few years now. But I'm happy I got it, makes it look better imo.

Does yours shoot alright? Every so often, mine will actually skip a few chambers (I think). What happens is I will fire say 4 shots, then pull the trigger and nothing. Pull two more times and nothing, then pull and it will fire, and again for the last one. So it isn't light primer strikes because it would require 6 pulls to come around again. Even if I knew where a gun smith was I don't think they would know what to do with this thing. Do you happen to know someone I could contact about this?
I have the muzzle brake option with mine, and it's a fun toy. I've had to have my front sight fixed (It was always way to far left). I never seem to have an issue with shooting off the ammo. But mine keeps rattling into lose screws and such (Lost one of the snap rings on the bar near the cylinder release). Had the top rear sight plate shake itself loose a couple times.

As for parts service etc.. I dunno. I was tempted to have all parts patterned so I could have replacements made as a JIC. It can be that the chamber face is slightly recessed (say a thousandth or two) which would make for unreliable primer hits.
BTW, take a look at my write up of the Mateba. https://tpf-online.com/archives/article ... torevolve/
Published way back a decade ago (give or take) in a Canadian Shooting publication...
Thanks I'll take a look. The only thing I've had come loose it the left side cylinder release lever. Thankfully it didn't fall off and I just had to tighten it back into place, but I will be sure to keep an eye out for other things coming loose. Since it is such a rare thing I don't plan on shooting it very often (not that I shoot my other firearms often anyways, I still haven't been to the range since buying my 12 gauge or my AR) but I would hate for something to break on this thing and have it turn into a fancy paperweight.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
Image
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

User avatar
Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician
Posts: 2177
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:46 am
Location: California

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#134 Post by Ravenous222 »

nsamok6620 wrote:Let me know how it goes. I want an AR, but I am in the position you were in before. buy it whole or build it?
always ALWAYS build. If you know can mill out an 80%er or know someone who can it will save you tons, plus you get the benefit of it not needing to be registered. You can customize it to your personal tastes, you know what kind of trigger pull you want, what length of barrel, what kind of twist, etc etc. It's usually cheaper as well because if you buy a stock rifle you're going to customize it anyways, so might as well make it your own from the get go. Look for sales around veteran's day and what not, local gun shows usually offer some good deals. Widways USA usually has a decent selection of Upper recievers, or if you know what you're doing build the whole thing from the ground up.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

User avatar
SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 3762
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: 不滅の神天皇の名の下に殺しグリーン大群の真ん中に!
Contact:

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#135 Post by SirSlaughter »

The usual advice you will hear is go to Palmetto State Armory for some good deals.
I got my lower from Primary Arms and I ordered a Barreled upper from CBC Industries for $250 on sale. 1/7 Twist with KeyMod floating rail.
I'm excited to get my hands on it.


So if it helps, stripped lower: $50 (Before Transfer fees and such. $80 after.)
CBC barreled upper: $250 on sale
Lower kit (Trigger and stuff) $70 at a local store
Stock and buffer tube: $110 (I went with Magpul for the stock)
engraved dust cover: $30

I haven't chosen a charging handle or bolt carrier group yet but after everything is said and done I should blow maybe $200 between the two because I want a needlessly fancy charging handle and a chrome or nickel plated bolt.

So total may be around $600-700 total for a customized AR to my specs and preference. That's VS something cheap like the M&P Sport II, Bushmaster, or even the DPMS which you will customize all of those anyway because they are all rather basic ARs and could use a few changes to make them really nice. Those are all $600-700 ARs before you start customizing them.


EDIT POST!

Christmas was good to me! (Well I mean I payed for it all, but still)

I got me a couple of toys to play with:

You can see all the info for them here:
http://imgur.com/gallery/ACPag

But for those who don't want to click:

I am almost done building my AR. All I need is the Bolt and the Charging handle. I may cheap out on those until I decide on which expensive ones to go with. I know the Archangel Charging handle is a must for the final build.

I also got the Canik TP9 SA in FDE.
I hope I can hit up the range this weekend for some fun with the Canik.


@Fawkes:
You got a really nice Piece. Colt I feel is really just riding on their fame for a large part but as a firearms expert for Aafes, I can attest that Colt is indeed one of the top manufacturers on the AR industry. As for accessories, because you got the magpul furniture you will be slightly limited on that, but as an AR in general, you can literally swap out any part of that rifle just fine. If there is anything on that rifle you feel could be better, then it can be better and you should make it better.

Also, the AUG: roughly $2000 for one of those babies. The HK91 is a little price for being an HK and you can get away with something like the PTR or C308 from Century Arms. I've shot the PTR and it's a trip. I hope you have as much fun with your AR as I know I will have with mine.

Post Reply