"REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#91 Post by nsamok6620 »

SperoWolf wrote: Joking aside, what guns do you all own? Unless it has already been discussed and no one wants to reiterate it, that is.
That got discussed early on. If you really want we can repost everything though.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#92 Post by SirSlaughter »

So now that I've been working with guns for a little bit, I've had my hands on a lot of different guns.

I have found a couple pistols that my soul demands I have!

Sig Sauer P229 Legion
Spoiler!

HK VP9
Spoiler!
They both look and feel so awesome. The only issue with the legion is the price that it asks. So damned pricey.
And thanks to recent events, I won't be getting either for a good bit of time. But I have goals to strive for I suppose.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#93 Post by nsamok6620 »

SirSlaughter wrote:So now that I've been working with guns for a little bit, I've had my hands on a lot of different guns.

I have found a couple pistols that my soul demands I have!

Sig Sauer P229 Legion
Spoiler!

HK VP9
Spoiler!
They both look and feel so awesome. The only issue with the legion is the price that it asks. So damned pricey.
And thanks to recent events, I won't be getting either for a good bit of time. But I have goals to strive for I suppose.
What caliber is the 229 in? That's what my dad carries in 357 sig. The damn thing kicks like a mule. It isn't what I would call enjoyable...
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#94 Post by Lief »

Well, seeing as Slaughter has been collecting .380 rounds... Probably .380.

My vote's for the HK, but that's just me.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#95 Post by nsamok6620 »

Lief wrote:Well, seeing as Slaughter has been collecting .380 rounds... Probably .380.

My vote's for the HK, but that's just me.
He was only doing that because it was cheap. The 229 only comes in 22lr, 9mm, 357 sig, and 40 S&W.

I've only shot a 40 once, and I only know that because I kept the Shell casing, I don't even remember what pistol it was out of, let alone how it felt. But since the 357 sig is just a neck down 40 casing I would imagine the 40 is as bad if not worse than the 357 in terms of recoil when fired from that pistol.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#96 Post by SirSlaughter »

The one I want is the 9MM variant. I've shot 9MM out of light pistols and I don't like the snap. They focus a little too much on "Oh I can conceal it" and less on "it stays in your hand".
And yes, I was picking up 380 because it was half off and still is for the Hollow Point rounds. So tomorrow since I get paid, I'm picking up the rest.

And as for a 380 gun, I'm looking at the Sig P238. It's small, well made, keeps the recoil down, and is comfy to shoot. And since the extension of the protect your castle law, it's perfect to keep in your car as well.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#97 Post by Lief »

nsamok6620 wrote:He was only doing that because it was cheap. The 229 only comes in 22lr, 9mm, 357 sig, and 40 S&W.
Ah. My bad. I didn't even check, and I don't keep up on Sig pistols terribly much.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#98 Post by nsamok6620 »

Lief wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:He was only doing that because it was cheap. The 229 only comes in 22lr, 9mm, 357 sig, and 40 S&W.
Ah. My bad. I didn't even check, and I don't keep up on Sig pistols terribly much.
I don't keep up on them either haha I had to look it up. I knew it obviously had 357, and my dad mentioned that the 40 version uses the same magazines. He also mentioned the 22lr conversion. But I didn't know what other options there were. It is such a large framed pistol I just didn't think they would make a 380 version.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#99 Post by Lief »

nsamok6620 wrote:It is such a large framed pistol I just didn't think they would make a 380 version.
True enough.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#100 Post by SirSlaughter »

Funnily enough, I cleaned my workplace out of clearance 380 ammo.

They had a lot of Winchester Training rounds so I bought all of it, and they had a ton of Barnes Tac-XPD ammunition...I bought all that.
I don't even have a 380 firearm to use it with. So that's why I am looking into a 380. My dad is gonna keep the 22 and he is looking into a 9mm. So there will be a nice bit of variety of flavors for me to try out any time I go to the range.

Edit: Ok, so I finally went to the range again and I got a few hundred rounds of 380, 9mm, 22LR, and some .45 down range.

I shot my first .45 and it was a Springfield XDS. I REALLY liked it. I didn't expect to hold the 45 very well, but the XDS did so well. I wanted to try it because I was looking at the 9mm for personal carry, but they only had the 45 to rent. I was gonna build an AR first, but I think I might opt for the Springfield first.

that and I have cemented my love for Sigs. I shot the 226 as well and it was so awesome to shoot. Stupid accurate and the Deckocker function is so fun. It's silly to think of something like a deckocker as fun, but just toying with it while at the range is satisfying.

While I was there I went and shot the P238 they had again and had some fun with the 380 I bought during that sale. I still have hundreds of Barnes HP rounds in case I get a 380.

But I want the Springfield XDS 9mm. the 45 was fun to shoot, but I want the ability to carry more rounds and 9mm is cheaper to take to the range to have fun with.
Spoiler!
Last edited by Him on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I am combining a double post together.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#101 Post by nsamok6620 »

Yeah the decocker is pretty neat. I don't think I'll ever get a sig and unfortunately I think they might be the only company that does that (I haven't seen it anywhere else, but tbh I haven't handles that many pistols) but it is certainly handy.

OT: it looks like my dad's plan to go to the gun show next weekend is on. He is looking to buy a Tavor
Spoiler!
And I'm looking to buy an AR. Nothing too fancy. I hope to only spend 5-600, but we'll see. My only requirements are name brand, full rail on top, collapsible stock, and forward assist. I might look for some flip up iron sights while I'm there if it doesn't come with them because I'm a firm believer that if you have some kind of optic you should always have a backup system in case it breaks.

I'll also be buying some 7.62x25 for my Tokarev since no store caries it and would charge me like 15 bucks to order it. And buying it online would cost about the same. I might buy it in bulk too just because it it my only non-revolver pistol lol.

I'm excited though. This would give us an excuse to go to the range. He cleaned his room out a few weeks back and found like 4 gift cards worth an hour each at an indoor range near us. Plus I've been wanting a more practical rifle for a while now. I was kind of wanting to get a Tavor, but I like how many options I will have with an AR.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#102 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

nsamok6620 wrote:text.jpg
I'd say a good AR or something like that could probably be picked up for 5-600, but IDK if it'd be that good of one depending on what brand ya get. Maybe a Bushmaster or something. At some point I plan to pick up an R870 and an HCAR
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#103 Post by SirSlaughter »

MUDPUNISHER wrote:
I'd say a good AR or something like that could probably be picked up for 5-600, but IDK if it'd be that good of one depending on what brand ya get. Maybe a Bushmaster or something. At some point I plan to pick up an R870 and an HCAR
If you go the Palmetto state armory route you can get one for about $450-$550. It's the same if you bought one already built, but you will walk out with a rifle as good as a $900-$1000 store bought.
I'm going to go that route and swap out select parts with fancy [censored]. I'm gonna go for the Archangel Charging handle, and I already have a custom engraved Dust cover being made and it will be on the way soon.

I think I found a way to go custom and a little quirky without being stupidly tacky.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#104 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

SirSlaughter wrote:
MUDPUNISHER wrote:
If you go the Palmetto state armory route you can get one for about $450-$550. It's the same if you bought one already built, but you will walk out with a rifle as good as a $900-$1000 store bought.
I'm going to go that route and swap out select parts with fancy [censored]. I'm gonna go for the Archangel Charging handle, and I already have a custom engraved Dust cover being made and it will be on the way soon.

I think I found a way to go custom and a little quirky without being stupidly tacky.
... Do they have anything in .50 Beowolf? Because this is the optimal home defense round, its like a 12 gauge slug for your AR.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#105 Post by nsamok6620 »

I really hope you're joking about that mud, because that round isn't optimal for anything lol. Other than maybe stopping a vehicle by putting a hole in the engine block haha. If memory serves, that was the original intent for the 50 AE round in the Desert Eagle.

And I'm just going to get a pre-built one. I can go back and replace parts later on. I don't need anything custom or fancy. Just need it to work really. I can make it fancy later if I want. But other than optics and some form of foregrip, I don't think there is much else I need.

I get really fancy when I buy a second upper and a long heavy barrel and build it for long(er) range applications. But that won't be for a couple years I don't think.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O