"REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

lucky
Apprentice

Re: "REAL" Firearms thread (no politics please)

#151 Post by lucky »

omg I remember the last one!
and Im back.

Side note I really want a scar17s but an extra $3k is not easy to come by.

any idea why attachments do not work?

Edit:
Ezirius wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:50 pm Hi all!

First of all, my pass card for the thread. Got a HOWA 1500 .308 with GRS stock, Leupold rings, Steiner Ranger optic and a custom made muzzle break. Also a Proud owner of a Remington 870 Express.

It's awful hard to get licence for any gun in my country and since I got it for manual operated long guns I'm aiming to get a semi-auto too.
After some time I narrowed down my interest for 3 guns. SL-8, MR556A1, Steyr AUG A2 Civil. I'm looking for advices, experiences or recommendations (AR-15 variants are no go).
Any bits and pieces can help. I would use the gun for Situational shooting ( I don't know the proper English terminology so I just made a rough translation. Try not to tear me to pieces.)
Thanks for the help in advance.
Get an AR variant. build it. the MR556 is an AR with a piston system. the steyr augs are nice but dated. SL8s will run you a crap ton of money. Its an HK.
This is coming from someone with a 10 year military background in weapons. If money was not an option Id say the scar 17. if 308 is too much go with the scar 16. however the best bang for your buck will be a QUALITY built AR. There are many options available as to the operation. Id suggest piston if you can do it. less cleaning.
Last edited by Him on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post

Ezirius

#152 Post by Ezirius »

lucky wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 am
the steyr augs are nice but dated.
Thanks for the answer. Could you explain why the Aug is dated? The A2 version is well railed for any accessories and the quick changeable barrel makes it usable for wide ranges of scenarios.
“So can you tell me exactly what 'freedom' means? If I am not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?”

lucky
Apprentice

#153 Post by lucky »

Ezirius wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:44 pm
Thanks for the answer. Could you explain why the Aug is dated? The A2 version is well railed for any accessories and the quick changeable barrel makes it usable for wide ranges of scenarios.
I kinda gave a partial answer but for what you are going to spend on an aug there are many newer weapon platforms that are much much better that offer the same features. The tavor is one of them. scar series, the new sig mcx mpx series. Id go sig honestly especially with the ability to use 300blk. 5.56 is just a .22 with alot of powder behind it. Ive never liked .223 or 5.56 unless its strictly for saving money on target shooting.

Ezirius

#154 Post by Ezirius »

lucky wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 pm
Ezirius wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:44 pm
I kinda gave a partial answer but for what you are going to spend on an aug there are many newer weapon platforms that are much much better that offer the same features. The tavor is one of them. scar series, the new sig mcx mpx series. Id go sig honestly especially with the ability to use 300blk. 5.56 is just a .22 with alot of powder behind it. Ive never liked .223 or 5.56 unless its strictly for saving money on target shooting.
My country is quite gun phobiac so I have limited option. Anything can be imported, but it will cost even more than an arm and a leg, so I was selecting from those companies which are already here and widely used. Ak variants would be an optional choice since we were formerly occupied by the soviet union and that thing is everywhere, but I simply don't like it. The ammunition is also sacred and expensive, especially for civilians. 5.56x45 or 7.62x39 are my only options if I want to practice regularly. The existence of Travor is only a legend here and anything that starts with Sig goes the same price as an H&K. Scar would be a nice thing but i still haven't found a shop where I could order one. A heavily modified Vz.58 was also an idea. As you mentioned building an Ar is quite a nice solution. My Hunting rifle is also a built one and i'm quite satisfied with it.
“So can you tell me exactly what 'freedom' means? If I am not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?”

lucky
Apprentice

#155 Post by lucky »

SirSlaughter wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:27 pm For me I just tell them, look it you want a Glock, just save yourself 400+ dollars and buy the damn Hi-point. They're the exact same thing. *hides in flame war bunker*
yeah you better hide. probably the guy that thinks the dated 1911 is superior. OMGERD STOPPIN POWAH JOHN BROWNING! :p