What do you sound like ? (2016)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
The Rookie
Grand Templar
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Australia

What do you sound like ? (2016)

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Intro/Explanation/My voice

I certainly say "Umm..." a lot...

Anyway, if anyone would like to give this a go, feel free to use the Vocaroo website to record or upload your voice for free and send up a link here.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Image
Image

User avatar
kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 pm
Location: the depths of the sewers, tending to my children
Contact:

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#2 Post by kiabugboy »

i counted 13 umms
and that's excluding the uh's :P

you actually sound pretty australian to me. though i imagined you'd have a deeper voice :mrgrin:
you sound more 'adult' as well, if that makes sense....

User avatar
TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 6274
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: https://goo.gl/7ARWF4
Favorite Character: Kat

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#3 Post by TinyVoices »

kiabugboy wrote:i counted 13 umms
and that's excluding the uh's :P

you actually sound pretty australian to me. though i imagined you'd have a deeper voice :mrgrin:
^ this

Didn't think you'd actually show your voice, Rook. Pretty rare course of events going on here. Maybe I should prepare for the end of the world or something.

Is there a service that doesn't have expired links after a short number of months? Would be dumb to make this thread all over again, just to have the links expire again. And then everyone who reads this thread in a year won't know what the [censored] is going on.

User avatar
Butterscotch
Master
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:17 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#4 Post by Butterscotch »

Ill do this when I get back from my exam. Expect swears.

EDIT:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0E9Q7AaZl5I

Not as much swears as i expected, only one.

Im so embarassed for you minime.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

User avatar
The Rookie
Grand Templar
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Australia

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#5 Post by The Rookie »

Butterscotch wrote:Ill do this when I get back from my exam. Expect swears.
Damn, Scotch. Your voice is so much deeper than I imaged. Plus the accent is much thicker. It's kind of awesome actually.
kiabugboy wrote:i counted 13 umms
and that's excluding the uh's
well, that's actually fairly normal for me. At least it wasn't over saturated with the word "Like" like I usually tend to do.
TinyVoices wrote:Is there a service that doesn't have expired links after a short number of months? Would be dumb to make this thread all over again, just to have the links expire again. And then everyone who reads this thread in a year won't know what the [censored] is going on.
None that I'm aware of that doens't require you to sign up to something, or is as user friendly as Vocaroo.

I guess we could always make another one in 2 years time and continue the cycle over again :roll:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Image
Image

User avatar
DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:32 am
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#6 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:Is there a service that doesn't have expired links after a short number of months? Would be dumb to make this thread all over again, just to have the links expire again. And then everyone who reads this thread in a year won't know what the [censored] is going on.
None that I'm aware of that doens't require you to sign up to something, or is as user friendly as Vocaroo.

I guess we could always make another one in 2 years time and continue the cycle over again :roll:
Youtube. Just make the video unlisted, which means people can't find it unless they're given the link.

User avatar
Butterscotch
Master
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:17 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#7 Post by Butterscotch »

The Rookie wrote:Damn, Scotch. Your voice is so much deeper than I imaged. Plus the accent is much thicker. It's kind of awesome actually.
Wait, what did you expect me to sound like then?
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

User avatar
minime
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 am
Location: England

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#8 Post by minime »

Butterscotch wrote:
The Rookie wrote:Damn, Scotch. Your voice is so much deeper than I imaged. Plus the accent is much thicker. It's kind of awesome actually.
Wait, what did you expect me to sound like then?
Like a little puppy. :flora:

I'm not sure if i'm gonna make one to be honest. :keith:
Image

User avatar
The Rookie
Grand Templar
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Australia

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#9 Post by The Rookie »

Butterscotch wrote:Wait, what did you expect me to sound like then?
Certainly a lot higher. Kind of like a younger version of the YouTuber RossBoomsocks, honestly.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Image
Image

User avatar
DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:32 am
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#10 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

minime wrote:I'm not sure if i'm gonna make one to be honest. :keith:
Me neither. My social anxiety makes it hard for me to speak to someone not in person. I have trouble speaking to new people in person, but it's harder over some other means for some reason.

User avatar
kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:15 pm
Location: the depths of the sewers, tending to my children
Contact:

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#11 Post by kiabugboy »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
minime wrote:I'm not sure if i'm gonna make one to be honest. :keith:
Me neither. My social anxiety makes it hard for me to speak to someone not in person. I have trouble speaking to new people in person, but it's harder over some other means for some reason.
i might eventually, though after hearing my own voice in a recording i realize i sound much more horrible than i thought
had to agree with everyone, you sound much deeper than i thought. and very scottish
i had to hear the recording a few times over and over to understand what you were saying :mrgrin:

User avatar
Butterscotch
Master
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:17 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#12 Post by Butterscotch »

kiabugboy wrote: had to agree with everyone, you sound much deeper than i thought. and very scottish
i had to hear the recording a few times over and over to understand what you were saying :mrgrin:
Im not sure to be offended by what you guys thought i'd sound like or to be pleased at your reactions to what i really sound like!
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

User avatar
SirJahar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:30 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Tx.

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#13 Post by SirJahar »

Now I want to know what you think I sound like before I make a recording.

User avatar
Bon
Master
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#14 Post by Bon »

well, here is my one, i apparently like to say eh alot :3 http://vocaroo.com/i/s1vxfpbBZdUD
Image

Add/Follow me on anything :flora:

Steam!

Twitter!

Facebook!

Twitch!

PSN: IBonsly

Skype: Nickstar321

User avatar
midnightblink
Council Member
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Troutdale Oregon

Re: What do you sound like ? (2016)

#15 Post by midnightblink »

I'll probably make one after school, even though I don't like my voice in recordings, but I don't really care that much about it :mrgreen:
Image
Primum Non Nocere

Post Reply