Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

xamali
Grand Templar

Re: 1st World Problems

#616 Post by xamali »

Tyten wrote:
xamali wrote:
Tyten wrote:A teacher at school threatened me saying that won't let me in on Monday if I don't get a haircut.
Not only do I hate having short hair, but I also hate having my hair be cut. Causes itch because of all the loose tiny bits of hair all over me. And I don't like to have short hair because I think I look bad, and thus making me feel bad.
What the [censored]? Can he actually do that? Isn't there anyone you can resort to?
The school has a grooming code. When my parents signed they were accepting all the rules. One of them being that males have to maintain their hair short. So yes, he can do that and there is nothing I can do about it but cutting my hair.
Well, then yeah, that sucks. I didn't think your school would have this grooming code thing. I would hate a place like that, my hair is longer than most people I know...
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#617 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I just finished reading all the main books in Wings of Fire that have been released. Now I have to wait until late July to get the resolution of the cliff hanger ending.

I have a side book, but it's history in the series, so I won't get any resolution.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#618 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

You know whats even more fun than handsoldering a tiny 0402 size capacitor (for those of you who don't know, thats way smaller than a pinhead) ?

Finding said capacitor again when it falls on the floor ^^
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#619 Post by Neutral Smith »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote:You know whats even more fun than handsoldering a tiny 0402 size capacitor (for those of you who don't know, thats way smaller than a pinhead) ?

It is even hard to find on an awesome ruler I have.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#620 Post by puredeathly »

Neutral Smith wrote:
Lordadmiral Drake wrote:You know whats even more fun than handsoldering a tiny 0402 size capacitor (for those of you who don't know, thats way smaller than a pinhead) ?

Quite some time ago I made one of those rulers myself ^^
I also built a second version featuring a attiny84 dev board (https://hackaday.io/project/938-tiny-ruler).

0402 is fun to solder xD
Ever tried soldering QFN32 using only an iron (the one for clothes. not a soldering iron.)? :P

Samantaz
Master

#621 Post by Samantaz »

Neutral Smith wrote:

I WANT the same one ! But adafruit's shipping is a bit expensive :/

And yeah, it's annoying to see those tiny things falling.
The worst is when you're soldering above a carpet xD I spent an hour to fin two transistors and some resistors and capacitors, that I (accidentally) pushed out from the table i was working on ;_;
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

Hayate
The Hidden User

#622 Post by Hayate »

Ok so it's snowing again... It had finally all just about melted away and now it's back... Bleh
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#623 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Finally put a new battery in my phone since the old one already was in dangerously bad condition, and now the (also new) back cover refuses to stick to the back frame even though I thoroughly removed the remains of the old glue and seal
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#624 Post by Neutral Smith »

I have to buy a new phone...

Not because my old one is broken beyond repair. It works.
Not because the battery is bad. It can go 5 days on a single charge.
Not because it's not usable for the things I want to do. Because it is capable of internet, it has an awesome music player, streaming music is nice, and the speakers are very good. It's even a bit too loud. And the camera (with a real xenon flash 8) ) is also very good at capturing small details.
It's nice and very small.
It has an 3.5″ AMOLED screen, with an 'always on' clock, I can use it as a clock at night, without touching it.

It's a Nokia N8, and it doesn't support modern apps. And I need some of those apps.

Well... I hope that I will enjoy my ordered Samsung... Boring brick. (Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017))
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

xamali
Grand Templar

#625 Post by xamali »

Neutral Smith wrote:I have to buy a new phone...

Not because my old one is broken beyond repair. It works.
Not because the battery is bad. It can go 5 days on a single charge.
Not because it's not usable for the things I want to do. Because it is capable of internet, it has an awesome music player, streaming music is nice, and the speakers are very good. It's even a bit too loud. And the camera (with a real xenon flash 8) ) is also very good at capturing small details.
It's nice and very small.
It has an 3.5″ AMOLED screen, with an 'always on' clock, I can use it as a clock at night, without touching it.

It's a Nokia N8, and it doesn't support modern apps. And I need some of those apps.

Well... I hope that I will enjoy my ordered Samsung... Boring brick. (Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017))
Oh man, know how that goes. I was using a N8 just a few weeks ago
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#626 Post by Dadrobit »

I don't think it gets any more first world than this problem...

One of my co-workers stopped by my post and saw that I was dragging pretty hard, so being the good guy he is, he offered to stop by the country club we guard and brew me a cup of coffee from their supply. Cool, I'll take that.

So he gets back with a pair of cups and sits down to enjoy a nice coffee break with me. I take a sip and...

"Good God this is horrid! The hell kinda coffee is this?!?"

"What? Is it that bad? It looked fancy, said premium on it, figured it'd be good."

He takes a sip. "Oh no, that is terrible... I apologise for this."

"What was the name? I never want to accidentally buy this crap!"

(Calling it crap here is ironic as I later found out)

"Something foreign sounding. Kopey Luwick Sivay Premium... Or something like that."

Kopi Luwak Civet. Made from imported coffe beans that have gone through the digestive tract of a rodent-like creature in South Asia called a civet, (yup, it's brewed rodent poop).

It's truly stupidly expensive stuff.

And it tastes terrible.

And now I'm waiting on him to get back with some Starbucks. First world problem indeed! :mrgrin:

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#627 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Dadrobit wrote:I don't think it gets any more first world than this problem...

One of my co-workers stopped by my post and saw that I was dragging pretty hard, so being the good guy he is, he offered to stop by the country club we guard and brew me a cup of coffee from their supply. Cool, I'll take that.

So he gets back with a pair of cups and sits down to enjoy a nice coffee break with me. I take a sip and...

"Good God this is horrid! The hell kinda coffee is this?!?"

"What? Is it that bad? It looked fancy, said premium on it, figured it'd be good."

He takes a sip. "Oh no, that is terrible... I apologise for this."

"What was the name? I never want to accidentally buy this crap!"

(Calling it crap here is ironic as I later found out)

"Something foreign sounding. Kopey Luwick Sivay Premium... Or something like that."

Kopi Luwak Civet. Made from imported coffe beans that have gone through the digestive tract of a rodent-like creature in South Asia called a civet, (yup, it's brewed rodent poop).

It's truly stupidly expensive stuff.

And it tastes terrible.

And now I'm waiting on him to get back with some Starbucks. First world problem indeed! :mrgrin:
Well, I guess it literally tasted like [censored] :mrgrin:

badum tsss

I'm a Deviant now

amenon
Grand Templar

#628 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote:Kopi Luwak Civet.
I've always wanted to try that, and I've been under the understanding that it is good -- so I'm wondering if something else got messed up.

Or maybe it's just one of those things.

Dammit, now I need to find out at some point :grin:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Hayate
The Hidden User

#629 Post by Hayate »

Sigh, finally using my desk and computer chair again for the first time in forever. The chair keeps reclining though, no matter where I put the lever... Very annoying, it used to be such a nice chair... (;_;)
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#630 Post by Kellard »

My ankles and calves hurt quite a bit. Enough for me to not want to walk.
It's like I had walked miles and miles, but I barely walked today. This happens way too often. Hell, sometimes even something like sitting too long can cause this. I don't even have an idea of how much worse this will get when I'm old...