1st World Problems

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

1st World Problems

#1 Post by The Rookie »

The second idea I've stolen from Schradieck in the last 5 minutes :heart:

This is sort of like a second rant/vent/sad thread, while only really focusing on the minor, trivial and somewhat humours problems that we face living during our day to day lives.

For example, my current first world problem is that I have a tiny gash across my nose which stings like buggery. The best part is that I got from dropping my own laptop on my face while laying on the couch.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Butterscotch
Master

Re: 1st World Problems

#2 Post by Butterscotch »

I want to get some soup for lunch but the line looks too long.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3 Post by Neutral Smith »

Discworld series are a lot of books :shock:

When I started collecting them I thought 'how massive can 41 books be', but now that I'm halfway ('Men at Arms' to 'Hogfather' just arrived), but now I even had to remove a flowerpot from the bookshelf to give them a place, and it starts to look 'massive' with 20 books with similar covers.

But I like them. I had a lot of children's books and even some dictionaries as 'filling' when I started collecting books to fill the bookcase, now there are more serious books.

A song of Ice and Fire, Dark Tower, HHGttG, LotR + The Hobbit + The Silmarillion... So many good series of books. And I already have those (in a boxed set or similar editions of those books)
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

midnightblink
Council Member

#4 Post by midnightblink »

I have so much homework from my free public education (;_;)
Primum Non Nocere

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#5 Post by TinyVoices »

My school's wi-fi doesn't agree with my phone. So I randomly get facebook and skype notifications, but can't seem to reliably be able to use it when I want to.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#6 Post by Hayate »

I can't find the tv remote and had to get up off the couch to fast forward through commercials.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#7 Post by Bellhead »

Hayate wrote:I can't find the tv remote and had to get up off the couch to fast forward through commercials.
That there is a perfect first-world problem. That's why you keep multiple remotes, stashed all around the room. That way, it's nearly impossible to lose all remote abilities. :P
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#8 Post by FrogSteaks »

Hayate wrote:I can't find the tv remote and had to get up off the couch to fast forward through commercials.
I have an app so I can use my phone as a remote. It works on all my TV's and set top boxes.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

Bellhead wrote:
That there is a perfect first-world problem. That's why you keep multiple remotes, stashed all around the room. That way, it's nearly impossible to lose all remote abilities. :P
I have two remotes, but the batteries are always dead in one. Digging around for new batteries is too hard.
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#10 Post by nsamok6620 »

Let's see...

Somewhere between the xbox one, the receiver, and the projector the signal gets lost and the picture drops sometimes.

I can't find a pocket watch based off Fullmetal Alchemist that I like.

My car has problems.

One of the beers I drank last night was spoiled.

I might have to buy a new graphics card for my computer once my VR headset comes in.

I'm full of first world problems lol.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#11 Post by puredeathly »

My current first world problem: I really want the HTC Vive but ordering one would mean that I have absolutely no money left for other things D:
Well my school will probably get one in a few Months and I know someone who let's me play around with it once his arrives... :P
schradieck wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote: I might have to buy a new graphics card for my computer once my VR headset comes in.
I would personally recommend a Gigabte Nvidia 970, a little more than enough power to run VR, and doesn't break the bank. plus supports SLI so if you need more power at any time you can just buy another 970 and hook them together. (If your motherboard supports SLI)
I can recommend the GTX970 (I would by MSI or ASUS as these are the quietest. I own a MSI one myself) but if your budget allows I would go for a GTX980 or even 980Ti for VR as I experience problems keeping my FPS at 60 with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux (great game! go and get it!) when playing on almost highest settings and when spanned over all 3 monitors not even on lowest settings (and keep in mind: the vive as a good amount of pixels and you HAVE to keep the steady 90 FPS. anything below will look really awkward and feels stuttery - at least this is my experience with the oculus DK2 and it's 75FPS)

Hayate
The Hidden User

#12 Post by Hayate »

All the food in my house has to be cooked, so instead I'm ordering in.
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#13 Post by SirJahar »

I'm risking re-inducing my messed up day-night cycle to play a game update as soon as it comes out.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#14 Post by Bellhead »

I saw an ad at the gig last night/this morning that said Zootopia is playing, and now I have to wait until the theatre opens to go and watch it.

EDIT:
My pile of CD's fell over when I hit the brakes, and one of the cases cracked one of the other cases.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#15 Post by nsamok6620 »

The super expensive and super classy whiskey bar I wanted to go to last night had an hour wait and we couldn't wait that long so I didn't get to go in.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O