1st World Problems

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

Re: 1st World Problems

#676 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

So, I pulled an Amiga 500+ from the dumpster a while back. Just the bare machine plus a disk that was still in the drive. After getting a power supply and a SCART adapter from eBay last week it powered right up, asking for a Workbench disk (of course). So I went back to eBay and managed to procure a Workbench 2.04 floppy disk set, which arrived today. So I plopped the disk into the drive, switched the power on, aaaaand ...

Nothing. The system would attempt to read the disk, then go back to the same screen as before. Tried swapping the two CIA I/O chips (yes, they're called CIA) based on a tip from the internet. Still nothing. Tried cleaning the disk drive mechanics. Same again. Think the drive might be busted, gah -.-
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#677 Post by Myperson54 »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 1:04 pm So, I pulled an Amiga 500+ from the dumpster a while back. Just the bare machine plus a disk that was still in the drive. After getting a power supply and a SCART adapter from eBay last week it powered right up, asking for a Workbench disk (of course). So I went back to eBay and managed to procure a Workbench 2.04 floppy disk set, which arrived today. So I plopped the disk into the drive, switched the power on, aaaaand ...

Nothing. The system would attempt to read the disk, then go back to the same screen as before. Tried swapping the two CIA I/O chips (yes, they're called CIA) based on a tip from the internet. Still nothing. Tried cleaning the disk drive mechanics. Same again. Think the drive might be busted, gah -.-
Ooh neat! If Amiga drives are anything like the older Commodore models, it shouldn't be too hard to repair, though I know for some old computers you can also get a floppy drive-to-SD emulator card.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#678 Post by SirJahar »

Well, it depends on the specs they need. My work boots (non-steel toe) cost me $50 and the steel toes $75.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#679 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Huh, that's a really expensive pair of work pants. I got two good ones for that money
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#680 Post by Dadrobit »

My family has been going to PHX Comic Con for the last couple of years and now that I have the time and inclination to do so as well, they're going to a Mad Max-esque convention called Detonation 3 with RYFFO that happens simultaneously and requires them to camp out there.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#681 Post by Neutral Smith »

Yay! I apparently entered the 'I have the money, I still have the energy, but I don't have the time' part of my life.

Youth: No money, but plenty of time and energy
Adult: Money, energy but no time
Elderly: Money, no energy and plenty of time

I want and can buy some things I want, but I have 1.5 week of work until I have a few days off.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#682 Post by SirJahar »

Sleeping over at my aunt's place to help with their estate sale.
I can't sleep worth a damn in strange places.
And they put me up in a bedroom where the door is currently off the hinges as a display table.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#683 Post by Cyon »

Slept out on a trampoline last night along with 6 other people all in sleping bags... why does alcohol exist?
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#684 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Cyon wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:50 pm Slept out on a trampoline last night along with 6 other people all in sleping bags... why does alcohol exist?
So you can ask yourself that question after a hard night ^^

I'm a Deviant now

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#685 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

So, this week I recieved a parcel from digikey with parts for (among other things) a small fm tuner breakout board. Turns out my order was missing a small but important part for this board, and the board itself was missing a trace to the antenna connector and the circuit wired incorrectly for i2c operation. Also, hand soldering sub 1mm pin pitch parts is a pain in the [censored]...

I'm a Deviant now

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#686 Post by Cyon »

I tell myself that I need to stop gaming because I should be doing more productive things like work... and then go on to watch videos on youtube.... :?

Almost summer though

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

werewolfmasterrace
Banned
Banned

#687 Post by werewolfmasterrace »

TinyVoices wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 am
Dadrobit wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm I have no idea why, but the oddest desire to see how spero was doing since he left came to me whilst browsing YouTube earlier.

Answer?

I guess a few popular videos does not a career make.
He's gotten moderately more popular since the last time I searched him up, but yeah it isn't Markiplier level yet. And I hear he's having living condition struggles and such too. Sucks he found out the hard way that computers aren't slinkies. >,>
B O I - I heard you was talkin [censored]. You'd best be ready for an internet slap fight you'll tell your therapists about for years to come :twisted:

Lol real talk though, I hit my buzz whilst still evolving and going through that large leap in growing up most hit around that age. One of the four vids I made since October hit 200K+. No YT money issues, just waiting out the adpocalypse and deciding where to take the channel. As for living problems: I have a [censored] apartment and love my other job. Already getting promoted, my bf has an [censored] that'd make Nicki Minaj jelly, crazy health problems gone, life's good, etc. etc.

Was told I was brought up, and wanted to use it to say I hope ya'll are doing well (then forgot lol) since I left after years with no notice. Left cause I was losing interest in TK, and some people here were being dumb sluts. Plus, I'd grown old enough to be ashamed of the times I acted like a dumb slut here. Made an account awhile back just to check on things and no one ever noticed it was me (I could be anyone, anywhere... red spy is in the base! Muahahaha!). Don't plan on returning but I'd love to hear how you have been this last year+ if anyone wants to PM. Sorry for the bad times and glad for the good ones. Best wishes, namaste, etc.

Also, computers make the best slinkies, you [censored] bully :heart:

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#688 Post by Dadrobit »

werewolfmasterrace wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:44 am
TinyVoices wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 am
Dadrobit wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm I have no idea why, but the oddest desire to see how spero was doing since he left came to me whilst browsing YouTube earlier.

Answer?

I guess a few popular videos does not a career make.
He's gotten moderately more popular since the last time I searched him up, but yeah it isn't Markiplier level yet. And I hear he's having living condition struggles and such too. Sucks he found out the hard way that computers aren't slinkies. >,>
B O I - I heard you was talkin [censored]. You'd best be ready for an internet slap fight you'll tell your therapists about for years to come :twisted:

Lol real talk though, I hit my buzz whilst still evolving and going through that large leap in growing up most hit around that age. One of the four vids I made since October hit 200K+. No YT money issues, just waiting out the adpocalypse and deciding where to take the channel. As for living problems: I have a [censored] apartment and love my other job. Already getting promoted, my bf has an [censored] that'd make Nicki Minaj jelly, crazy health problems gone, life's good, etc. etc.

Was told I was brought up, and wanted to use it to say I hope ya'll are doing well (then forgot lol) since I left after years with no notice. Left cause I was losing interest in TK, and some people here were being dumb sluts. Plus, I'd grown old enough to be ashamed of the times I acted like a dumb slut here. Made an account awhile back just to check on things and no one ever noticed it was me (I could be anyone, anywhere... red spy is in the base! Muahahaha!). Don't plan on returning but I'd love to hear how you have been this last year+ if anyone wants to PM. Sorry for the bad times and glad for the good ones. Best wishes, namaste, etc.

Also, computers make the best slinkies, you [censored] bully :heart:
Eyyyyy, lookit that! :mrgrin:

Well good to hear; when I last looked you had just put up the video where your computer crapped on you and you were essentially up [censored] creek without a paddle.

As for me, I just quit my own job in security to follow my little dream of becoming a half decent voice actor. :mrgrin:
Last edited by Him on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing racial slurm from quoted post

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#689 Post by Cyon »

Wanting to watch youtube on my personal account but needing my secondary for a google document... dammit I can't be logged in to both simultaneously.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#690 Post by SirJahar »

Anyone know if there was ever a solution for the sware filter? I have it disabled on y account but it's still running ever since the code update.