1st World Problems

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: 1st World Problems

#196 Post by The Rookie »

So, continuing on from two nights ago. I once again... Can not sleep...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#197 Post by minime »

The Rookie wrote:So, continuing on from two nights ago. I once again... Can not sleep...
I know the feeling, i only get about 3 hours sleep every night as i can sleep.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#198 Post by kiabugboy »

The Rookie wrote:So, continuing on from two nights ago. I once again... Can not sleep...
I think a lot of people here including me has the same problem. Usually i'd stay awake until 2-3 AM even though i'm basically doing nothing in bed. What do you end up doing by the way when you can't sleep?

Zylver
Grand Templar

#199 Post by Zylver »

Can't get rid of the two WarCraft movie tickets...
... I bought them before my little brother was so nice to inform me in the last minute that he is not going to visit me in the UK...
... so now I am stuck here with two premium tickets to the BFI IMAX cinema in London on the 30th of June at 00:01 am (midnight screening).

I know I shouldn't advertise here but: anybody want those tickets? Price can be discussed in private.

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#200 Post by Dadrobit »

kiabugboy wrote:
Butterscotch wrote:
The Rookie wrote: (Of which most are catholic)
Me and Bon went to a catholic school with quite a strict uniform code. I got suspended for a week because i refused to wear ties.

I hate ties, those little nooses around your neck. Hate them. So much.

Anyway, even on non-uniform days (Which you had to pay £2 and like, a tin of baked beans for) you werent allowed to wear football colours, mainly Green and White, or red and blue.

I hate ties.
moonsticks would disagree with you :roll:
anyway, i''m in a christian school, we're not like the military or anything abut there is a pretty strict uniform rule.
first off, we have two different uniforms, the national uniform with ties that we have to wear for Mondays and Wednesdays, and then there's the private school uniform with no ties that we wear for tuesdays and thursdays. my teacher would usually warn me to wear my ties properly everyday since i'm too lazy to tie it together properly :P

on fridays we're allowed to wear any clothes as long as it's not inappropriate, pants have to be lower than knee-level.
we don't get very harsh penalties, usually just warnings. but if you keep breaking the rules, it would affect your behaviours grade and if your behaviours grade is below c, you run into the risk of not passing.

other than that, we also have our P.E shirts that i have to bring every friday to P.E class ( and the P.E teacher is a lot more strict about it). also every two weeks there's a national flag ceremony in our school which requires me to wear the uniform hat, while every month, every student is required to wear batik clothes on a friday to support our country's culture.
At my mother's first junior high school she taught at, their biggest buagaboo about dress code was that students weren't allowed to wear solid colors.

They had just closed down another school and sent a lot of it's students to hers, but the problem was that due to the old schools geography, a concerning portion of the students were from a rival gang and were now forced to be in close proximity with the resident one. So the school banned the students from wearing solid colors to identify each other and prevent potential violence. Shoelaces were their worst offenders...

Thankfully she works a much nicer side of town nowadays.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#201 Post by nsamok6620 »

Dadrobit wrote:At my mother's first junior high school she taught at, their biggest buagaboo about dress code was that students weren't allowed to wear solid colors.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. We had that too. From what I hear the "gang" violence has gotten a lot worse at my school since I left. I beleive they now have metal detectors and the doors and a security guard at each entrance.

Glad I graduated when I did. It wasn't too bad when I was there. The only time a drug dog came through one of my classes was when it was just an exercise for the dog. Now I guess it is just a regular thing.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#202 Post by Neutral Smith »

Not knowing what you are going to eat the next week is a true first world problem.

Not knowing as in 'I do need to go grocery shopping, but I don't know what to buy'

I live in a region where the shops are closed on Sundays, and tomorrow I am the entire day at sea with a fishing rod in my hands.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#203 Post by Kellard »

nsamok6620 wrote:
Tyten wrote:
SperoWolf wrote:
Tyten wrote:I hate to get a haircut...
Then why are you?
I'm forced to get it because the rules at school dictate that no male student should have long hair. But like, come on, they are extremely strict with that.
What the hell kind of school has rules about hair length?
A private one, or at least the one I'm in. I also have to wear a uniform, but that doesn't bother me at all, though that's not the case with most of my classmates.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#204 Post by Stryder221 »

Just managed to trip on my two left feet. This, while annoying, isn't my problem.
My problem is that it just had to happen right when I'd hit gravel, otherwise known as sharp/rough stones.

Long story short, I'm staring at a pretty deep cut on the heel of my left hand.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#205 Post by nsamok6620 »

My company is doing some things to help save power this summer (it's a really big building on an even bigger facility) and two things are noticeable. First: the lights over my cubicle are only on every other row. The ones directly over me are off, so it's nice and dark, but not too dark.

But the problem is, they are also not running air conditioning as high as I would like. If I wasn't wearing dress cloths I wouldn't care, and it's probably only a couple degrees warmer than it could be, but I don't like it.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#206 Post by TinyVoices »

I actually had an AI player declare war on me out of the blue on Civ 5. Granted it was Attila, and he was already semi-peeved at me, but dang had I not noticed the massive collection of rams coming towards one of my far off settlements, I wouldn't have won that one.

But damn, he's actually a challenge to fight. XD

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#207 Post by minime »

TinyVoices wrote:I actually had an AI player declare war on me out of the blue on Civ 5. Granted it was Attila, and he was already semi-peeved at me, but dang had I not noticed the massive collection of rams coming towards one of my far off settlements, I wouldn't have won that one.

But damn, he's actually a challenge to fight. XD
Attila kept trying to get me to fight other Civs with him in one of my games, so I'm currently heading to kill him while all his forces are over st Korea's capital

amenon
Grand Templar

#208 Post by amenon »

KERNING
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#209 Post by TinyVoices »

I... killed Mr. House.

It was all so disturbing and unexpected. I legitimately feel like I'm going to have nightmares about that for a while now.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#210 Post by Neutral Smith »

I have about 8.000 songs on my phone, but all I do is push the [next] [next] [next] button because the shuffle function decides to play a lot of songs I don't like at this moment.

I wish I was within the reach of a WiFi point, then I could listen to web radio with a bit more recent songs (last time I updated the library on my phone is about 4 years ago)

Not that I complain, when I have a good row of songs it bounces from the music of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267287/ to the Prodigy and back to Yann Tiersen and Rammstein and Loreena McKennitt and Woodkid and a lot of other good songs.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.