Kid Radd (and Other Sprite Comics)

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Kid Radd (and Other Sprite Comics)

#1 Post by Ketzal »

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about in the topic title, the name "Kid Radd" belongs to a quirky but amazing sprite comic that I remembered reading back in the early years of being on the internet when sprite comics was more or less all I knew of the webcomic genre at the time. If you want to give it a read yourself (and I highly recommend you do), here's the link.

I bring this comic up because I found my mind wandering back to it and ended up giving it another read-through. Not only was it as funny and interesting to read as I felt like it was back then, but it also went into some SERIOUSLY deep topics, despite what the early pages of the comic might imply. It was a blast to read then, and it's a blast to read now.

Looking at it also reminded me of all the other sprite comics that I used to read, ranging from very basic stuff like Neglected Mario Characters to slightly longer and more adventurous stories like Bob and George. These comics were pretty much my introduction to the webcomic aspect of the internet in general, and while I wouldn't say that they match up as well as some stuff I'm reading nowadays, I still love them and appreciate what they had to offer.

So why bother bringing all this up then? Well, not only for nostalgic reminiscing, but also because I'm curious if anyone else has read any of these comics I mentioned, especially Kid Radd. Failing that, what's been your experiences with sprite comics, if any? Do you know of any that are still running? What's your opinion on them?