How did you find 2K?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Re: How did you find Twokinds?

#91 Post by Yastreb »

TheMasterOfOats wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:11 am I read all of 0 webcomics before Twokinds, but I was hooked. A while later I discovered Freefall through Twokinds, again starting to read out of order before kicking myself and grinding out the entire thing over the course of the week. I can’t say either is my favourite, because while Twokinds is miles ahead of Freefall in story and character development, Freefall is slightly funnier, and is some of the finest sci-fi I’ve ever seen.

Anyways, that’s how I found Twokinds all of 7 months ago.
That's funny because I found Twokinds through Freefall. :grin: So I heard that Freefall was a good hard SF comic and after taking some quick peeks first read it through. It was my first webcomic and I still follow it. Then I took a look at Freefall fan forum (didn't create an account though) and Twokinds was mentioned several times. I got the impression that Twokinds was highly suggestive with nudity and other sexual themes (which in the end isn't that far from truth :wink: ). Later I was reading a webcomic called Stand still, stay silent and people in the comments section were often talking about how the comic was doing at Top Webcomics and how many more votes would be needed to beat Twokinds. There were mentions of it in TVTropes, too.

So in October 2018 I finally decided to check out this comic everybody was talking about. I was reserved at first but soon I was hooked. Shortly after that I also realized I had been a furry for nearly a year already without knowing it.

Vadrian
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: How did you find 2K?

#92 Post by Vadrian »

I found TwoKinds via a YouTube video thumbnail link. A YouTube video showing various furry artwork had a thumbnail that I kept going back to for months, and finally I read the description to see if there was a link to it. (I did that after I looked at the description of a different video for a Discord invite, where I found links to every artwork in the video.) The link took me to TwoKinds DeviantArt page. After looking at many of the works posted, and the comments, I saw someone mention the TwoKinds story. So naturally, I looked it up, then started reading it. I haven't stopped reading it since. This all happened in a two day span a week ago. The funny thing is, is that I had seen TwoKinds fanart in another different YouTube video, but didn't make the connection that it was fanart, or that there was more to it.
So in the end, I can attribute my discovery to two YouTube channels and a Discord invite.
*If I don't make sense, tell me so, because I feel like I rarely make sense 😅

dzami3
Fav. Twokinds Character: Lady Nora

#93 Post by dzami3 »

I think I found it through TWC? It was way back in '04 or '06. Pretty sure I read through the entire archive at the time in like a day. Maybe two, heh.

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#94 Post by Turaiel »

dzami3 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:23 pm I think I found it through TWC? It was way back in '04 or '06. Pretty sure I read through the entire archive at the time in like a day. Maybe two, heh.
Wow, I kind of wish I'd known about it that early on so that I could have participated in the early community. I came along in 2009ish and had a grand old time on the IRC channel for years.

Also it occurs to me that I may not have ever answered this thread. I think a friend on Furcadia or MSN told me about it and I was hooked immediately.
Website Administrator

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#95 Post by The Blue Fox »

I already posted in another thread with the same subject on this forum, I guess I'll just put it here, too;

I've been following Twokinds for so long, I honestly don't remember.
Though I most likely found it through one of the two ways I usually find webcomics to check out;

1) Searching up furry webcomics on Google. If I remember rightly, I think I only did this like a couple of times, but found it quite fruitful both times.

2) Word of mouth. Someone else who already followed the webcomic reccomended it to me.

IllusionsAtlas
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora, Natani & Lynn!

#96 Post by IllusionsAtlas »

In 2018! I was always looking for pictures of dragons since I used to love drawing them, one point on pinterest I found a drawing of Nora, then a another one, then many more... It was unusual since most drawings of dragons I'd see were once off designs rather than actual characters, so I followed the link back to DeviantArt. Eventually, after looking through some of the comic pages there (which were very out of order) I decided I'd just google the name to find them all.

It lined up with me getting quite sick and reading it all to pass the time that I was off school. I wish I'd found it earlier, but I was still 11 when I found it so probably a little off the age range, and I would've been even more so if I'd found it prior
Any Lynn fans out there??? :Lynn:

mongoosemazanec
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

How did you come across Twokinds?

#97 Post by mongoosemazanec »

Me, I checked TVTropes for webcomics involving Transformation (theme of my three favorite Webcomics) and Fantastic Racism (I have created two Universes featuring this), subtype Furry.
This looked like the most promising.
How about you?

I have moved your post into a pre-existing thread of the same topic! Make sure to double check that a thread doesn’t already exist when starting a new one!
~Hayate
Last edited by Hayate on Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved post to pre-existing thread
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Lee M
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#98 Post by Lee M »

I've been aware of the title on Belfry for a long time, and also the fact that it was trashed by a certain website for reasons I couldn't quite fathom. So one very recent day I thought "Maybe I should check it out for myself" and started at page 1. And here I am.
It is better to light a candle than to curse the power company.