Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

How did you find 2K?

#1 Post by Kellard »

Hello there!

When I first found Twokinds and got my first look at it I instantly fell in love.
My story of how I found Twokinds begins with nothing but a wallpaper I saw in a video. What's weird I the way I got to that video, some guy replied to me in the comments section of a Forza video uploaded by xbox, so we had a little chat. I later decided to check out his youtube channel, and since I liked his videos I subscribed to his channel. One day he uploaded an update video about his channel and this was the video mentioned earlier. Since the logo was there I decided to search it up and see what I could find about it. What popped up was a youtube video called "Twokinds Audiobook: Chapter One" so I immediately thought it was a book. So I clicked the video and found out it was actually a comic, more specifically a webcomic. So when the video ended I clicked the link the Twokinds site they left in the description. So I went to the archive to continue reading. I was so into it that I read it in less than 2 days. And to this day I never fail to catch the new page just minutes after Tom uploads it :mrgreen: .So this past week I thought about the way I found this wonderful story and how happy I am now, and because of that I got curious about the many ways people ended up here.

So please tell me! How did you find Twokinds?

I'd love to hear all of the different stories all of you have to tell!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: How did you find Twokinds?

#2 Post by The Rookie »

Hey, welcome to the forums.

I actually found out about Twokinds while going over the Know Your Meme website. I somehow ended up on the Webcomics page and amongst the usual stuff like XKCD, Cyanide and Happiness and Penny Arcade, I saw one name I didn't recognise; Twokinds. I read the brief description and decided to check it out. A few hours of intense reading later and I was pretty much hooked.

I've been checking in pretty much every day since :roll:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Kellard
Templar Master

#3 Post by Kellard »

The Rookie wrote:Hey, welcome to the forums.

I actually found out about Twokinds while going over the Know Your Meme website. I somehow ended up on the Webcomics page and amongst the usual stuff like XKCD, Cyanide and Happiness and Penny Arcade, I saw one name I didn't recognise; Twokinds. I read the brief description and decided to check it out. A few hours of intense reading later and I was pretty much hooked.

I've been checking in pretty much every day since :roll:
Yup same thing happened to me, now I check the site everyday :grin:
Also, thanks! I found the comic quite a while ago but joined to the forums recently.

midnightblink
Council Member

#4 Post by midnightblink »

I found Twokinds because it's actually the top choice on topwebcomics.com. I am an avid reader of many webcomics and I was searching for more when I found that site. One click and a little over six hours later and I was a dedicated fan :mrgreen:
Primum Non Nocere

Kellard
Templar Master

#5 Post by Kellard »

midnightblink wrote:I found Twokinds because it's actually the top choice on topwebcomics.com. I am an avid reader of many webcomics and I was searching for more when I found that site. One click and a little over six hours later and I was a dedicated fan :mrgreen:
Cool! I've actually tried to read other webcomics and I either don't have the time or they just seem way too long for me. Such as Freefall.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#6 Post by Bellhead »

I found Twokinds through a random web search, and it pretty much saved my life. Been reading it ever since.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Vintage »

Basically the way I came across Twokinds was the same reason as midnightblink; I saw it was the top comic on topwebcomics.com. A webcomic was something really new to me at the time, and I wanted to find some more quality webcomics. TK seemed to fit exactly what I was hoping to find. I spent almost two days straight reading the entire comic. I haven't done anything like that in years. One of the best decisions I ever made. Oh yes, and through Twokinds was I also introduced to Markiplier (which sounds backwards, as everyone seems to know him first, then Twokinds).
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Kitten
Templar Master

#8 Post by Kitten »

I honestly don't remember at this point cause it's been so long o_o (I know I found it in 2007 but didn't join until 2008)... I don't have any friends that introduced me into TwoKinds and as far as I remember I've always been reading it... how DID I find this place?! It doesn't matter. I'm very happy here!!

Even though I don't talk much anymore....
Yes. That 'squee' you heard, was Kitten.
Much much love towards Tom!
I log in every day, I just kinda lurk the boards ^^;

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#9 Post by FrogSteaks »

I found this comic a little over a year and a half ago while, of all things, browsing through collective on iFunny. I saw someone posted the comic pages there and I was introduced to this site, and this forum. I lurked around in the forum for about a year until finally deciding to jump in early this year. I still don't know why I waited so long to join, but oh well, I'm here now. Wierd thing is though, I never found myself to be an avid webcomic reader. I mean, I kinda followed XKCD a little bit, but that was about it. But for whatever reason, I stuck around with this one, and man am I glad I did.

Also, I, like WMM, found Mark through Twokinds, which is kind of wierd because I've been watching a lot of lets play channels on Youtube for years, and I didn't hear about Mark until someone linked one of his videos on the forum.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

ReBob
Council Member

#10 Post by ReBob »

Mentions of Tom and his webcomic through Mark's videos, seeing the name pop up in discussion at some of the many places I lurk as an unregistered watcher. I've realized I've probably seen the name many times over the years without taking the initiative to check out what it actually was. I do remember it was a Mark video that finally made me decide to go out of my way to find out what it was.

Spent a few days reading through the archive, and I won't lie but the story and art put me off at the start. I had seen how good the art was by virtue of the page that was up (those backgrounds), and I wanted to see the payoff. The most trying segment was chapter 6, but right after that everything really picked up at a good pace.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Kellard
Templar Master

#11 Post by Kellard »

ReBob wrote:I had seen how good the art was by virtue of the page that was up (those backgrounds), and I wanted to see the payoff.
Wow. This is a weird coincidence. The same day this page was uploaded was the first time I was this site, therefore this is the first page I ever saw while being in the website.
Btw sorry for not replying earlier, I usually only enter the forums at night.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#12 Post by puredeathly »

I found the comic last year in July through 1jux (It's like a German clone of 9gag or iFunny).
It took me about 5-6h to read it and I read it again on the next day cause I already forgot what happened at the beginning when I hit the last page :3
I also found Mark through TwoKinds :)

-Jakob

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#13 Post by TinyVoices »

I recall this thread existing before, because there's no other reason I'd talk about how I found the comic as a main topic of a post. Oh well, it's buried someplace obscure enough that I don't wanna dig for it. :P

I discovered Twokinds through a person on Funnyjunk. They were a user who loved Natani and would post her face all over the place as reaction faces and such. I liked the user, so decided to check the comic out. But really it took me about 6 months to do that. XD

I read it all in two days during spring break, and then a few days later I joined the forums. Fun times.

Kellard
Templar Master

#14 Post by Kellard »

puredeathly wrote: It took me about 5-6h to read it and I read it again on the next day cause I already forgot what happened at the beginning when I hit the last page :3
-Jakob
Damn... you read fast.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#15 Post by puredeathly »

Tyten wrote:
puredeathly wrote: It took me about 5-6h to read it and I read it again on the next day cause I already forgot what happened at the beginning when I hit the last page :3
-Jakob
Damn... you read fast.
It's not that fast... It was a boring day during my summer internship last year :grin: