What did you get for the holidays?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: What did you get for the holidays?

#1 Post by Envy661 »

I got a rock....

In all seriousness, I got a large cooking pan, as I intend to learn to cook for myself. All the things that I really wanted this year, I bought for myself (new mouse, Elite Dangerous, etc)
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/553 ... 06076271E/
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#2 Post by Winter-huntsman »

A Xbox one, a digital art set up, cards against humanity, and a gaming keyboard and mouse.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Vintage »

HEV Suit Jacket and a Google Chromecast.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Him »

A real leather bomber jacket and a record player.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#5 Post by DariusL »

Booze, an ink blotter, a twin guitar stand, and the first volume of the Sandman Omnibus by Neil Gaiman. :)
I'll probably get some more booze from some family members that I'll see for the new year.

kellade
Master
Location: Somewhere between the realms of technicolor horses, killer yet adorable animatronics, and reality.

#6 Post by kellade »

Lego sets, gift cards (for videogames, itunes, and HotTopic), MLP figure, plane model, Guardians of the Galaxy figures, a nice pair of headphones, a Godzilla figure, and a Scunner (kaiju from Pacific Rim) figure.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by SirSlaughter »

I just put it on order, but dad basically gave me $750. So I ordered this.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-Fiesta-S ... 501100.htm

Other than that, the tree was empty. I got my dad GTAV and my mom the Pentatonix Christmas CD.

Oh, and last night they had a birthday party for me.
This was my cake: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3d698c2a1a

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#8 Post by Myperson54 »

I got some Lego, which I haven't had any of for ages, so I'm quite glad there. I also got some new headphones - Both my brothers did as well, and one pair might be defective, so I might trade it in for some over-ear instead of on-ear ones. Oh, also chocolate the size of my torso. I bought myself Shadowrun Returns and QBEH-1: the Atlas Cube on Steam, and Amobea was awesome enough to buy me Miasmata spontaneously.

Aside from that, I also got some practical gifts like cereal for my dorm and deodorant. I literally got socks in my stocking, but they were so comfortable I wore them all day. Oh, and I got some cool build-a-robot stuff; I think it's Arduino-based.

My brothers and I all got one thing in particular from my dad together, which I'll admit was partly for him as well: A GoPro 3 with assorted mounts and accessories. He really went all-out on it, so I'll have to put it to the test somehow.... I could probably use one of those copters I have sitting around from my birthday.

All in all, a pretty great year.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#9 Post by Bachaddict »

We don't give personal gifts (with a family of 10 it would get overwhelming), but we got Blokus for the family, and I bought the LEGO 10244 Fairground Mixer and built it with my siblings!

What LEGO did everyone get? My collection's pretty big, but I may not add the mixer to it.
|This box is too sm|

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#10 Post by Lief »

Bought myself a headset. Got a really nice and comfortable zip-up hoodie. Some other assorted clothing. Slippers, buncha candy, some novelty gifts... Also got a couple games on Steam from some friends. Oh and apparently I still have something coming. Dunno what, just that it didn't ship in time to get here by Christmas.

Lots of people getting headsets apparently!

mycatiscrazy
Merchant

#11 Post by mycatiscrazy »

i got a new camera lens! 18-200 focal length range, so i dont have to switch lenses anymore.
"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#12 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

A TV, Civilization 5, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Zoo Tycoon 2

And with the gift cards I got, I'll buy Civilization: Beyond Earth.

Country Joe
Citizen

#13 Post by Country Joe »

I got a Harman-Kardon Onyx Studio portable speaker, The Endless River by Pink Floyd, $55 which I am using to buy a few records (so far I got Stephen Stills, Wings at the Speed of Sound, and In Search of the Lost Chord by The Moody Blues on original LP), some record frames, a large box of jelly beans, some popcorn, some shirts, and a few other records.
Cars
+
Music (Records from the 1960s and 1970s)
=
My life

valiare
Apprentice
Location: Haven't been kicked off the TARDIS yet. Despite my best efforts. (Been here almost ten years!)

#14 Post by valiare »

I got a digital drawing tablet and a cooling pad for my laptop, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (I got my girlfriend Omega Ruby), several gift cards, two novels from The Dresden Files, the all-in-one collection of the Night Angel series (it's a trilogy of books about a boy that apprentices himself to the best assassin in the land, it's fairly interesting), Doom 3 BFG Edition, New 52 Justice League Vol 1: Origin and Superman/Wonder Woman Vol 1: Power Couple, Justice League: War, Batman: Assault on Arkham, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#15 Post by Bellhead »

I got socks, a tooth brush, deoderant, pens and pencils, and bedding for college. Also Perplexus Epic, which I already had.

There were more gifts than that, but those are what I got from relatives and family in Maine. I would have gotten a freshly re-tanned brown leather jacket my sister's wife's father used to use, which I tried and loved, but it didn't get back in time. I won't put that in the sad thread, because he did try quite hard to have it in time, and it's not like I'd be able to use it this time of year anyway.

And last but not least, from my father (as is tradition), I got the new Hess truck, 50th anniversary truck, space shuttle and mini space shuttle. Very cool. And a portable tape deck, with an inherant wobble that makes most tapes sound like crap. Works pretty well, aside from that.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.