Funny Holiday Stories

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

Funny Holiday Stories

#1 Post by Donnellson86 »

I haven't seen a topic like this and if I did I think it died long ago. That said, this time of year folks get together and catch up with one another so I thought what better time to share funny storoes that happened to one another during the holidays. Please remember to keep it semi-respectable and follow the forum rules.

Guess I'll start, this happened on Thanksgiving I was playing with my dog-a 70 lb. lab/border collie-and she started getting a bit rough. She swung her paw and caught me right in the mouth. The funny part is even though I wore braces one of my teeth never quite sat right but after she hit me that tooth was straight.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Funny Holiday Stories

#2 Post by Him »

Oh, fun little idea. I enjoy holiday stories. Now, I suppose I'm up to bat next.

My Thanksgiving was interesting because I had been bitten by a spider the night before. The bite itself was just red by the time I finished making the stuffing. However, when we started eating the bite was growing rather fast. It swelled to the size of the tip of my pinkie, which is rather large for a bite. The only reaction that everyone had was, "Oh dear, you're going to die... would you like some cranberries?" I myself find that rather hilarious.

Edit: Just wait for Christmas, things get hectic at Christmas for my family.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

I've got one.. more of a tradition, really.

In my living room, there is a stereo stack, consisting of a dual tape deck, AM/FM stereo, and a 6-disk CD stack which, for longer than I can remember, has housed the same Redneck Christmas disk... and every year, that disk gets put on shuffle Christmas morning.

As such, one year I was given an RC pickup truck, which I unwrapped to the sound of "Santa's gonna come in a pickup truck". To this day I still laugh at that.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Warrl »

Him wrote:Oh, fun little idea. I enjoy holiday stories. Now, I suppose I'm up to bat next.

My Thanksgiving was interesting because I had been bitten by a spider the night before. The bite itself was just red by the time I finished making the stuffing. However, when we started eating the bite was growing rather fast. It swelled to the size of the tip of my pinkie, which is rather large for a bite. The only reaction that everyone had was, "Oh dear, you're going to die... would you like some cranberries?" I myself find that rather hilarious.

Edit: Just wait for Christmas, things get hectic at Christmas for my family.
If that was this year, the bite hasn't healed, and it looks or looked like this
then get your [censored] to a doctor ASAP. It may be a brown recluse bite.

And brown recluse bites generally don't heal on their own. At least not before they do significant damage. Click here for more details. (NOT posting those pics!)

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Stryder221 »

Warrl wrote:(NOT posting those pics!)
You are indirectly responsible for making me paranoid of spiders. Half the [censored] I saw looks like something you'd see on a rotting dead zombie.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Him »

Warrl wrote:If that was this year, the bite hasn't healed, and it looks or looked like this... then get your [censored] to a doctor ASAP. It may be a brown recluse bite.
It was this year, but since I'm not suffering from necrosis, I'm just powering through it. If you want to see a picture of it, then go to the smile thread and dig a bit. I had some laughs about it there.