The furry fandom and your opinion on it. Descusion thread.

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Shawnyall

Re: The furry fandom and your opinion on it. Descusion threa

#91 Post by Shawnyall »

Damien203 wrote:Basically, we were discussing when and how we noticed we were part of,
or joined the furry fandom, and the view people had about it.
But then the discussion turned to: "what is furry, what is not" and a lot of argumentation on both sides.
So, first of all, welcome. And whether using a fursuit or not, is up to those who enjoy it as a hobby.
The discussion about how people see the fandom was well explained in the first few pages, specially by Chris.
Ah, alright. So the whole thing on defining what is furry just started. That sounds like a lot of fun. As for the fursuits, they're perfectly fine. People can express themselves however they want, so long as they're not being pedophilic about it. The only thing I don't like about people who wear fursuits is that there's always some that take it too far with "yiff"ing and such.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#92 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Damien203 wrote: And whether using a fursuit or not, is up to those who enjoy it as a hobby.
Good Point!

Being a furry and not like fursuits is like say'in a train fan must like miniature train ''builds'', and we can reverse it too, someone like fursuits, but not the art, some love build miniature Worlds but not the IRL stuff.

I can tell now, I enjoy quite a crazy combination of stuff |D
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

ghastmaskzombie
New Citizen

#93 Post by ghastmaskzombie »

Everyone seems to argue about what a furry is, and I don't understand why. The issue seems so simple to me, but perhaps that's just a sign that in a certain way, I'm simple. Though my doctors describe my status as "extremely high functioning," do that's probably not it. Anyway, these are the definitions I know of:
A furry is a realistically proportioned anthropomorphic animal, though I prefer the term zoomorphic person. A furry is a person who identifies as, or enjoys pretending to be, a zoomorphic person (anthropomorphic animal). A furry is a person who is sexually interested in zoomorphic people. A furry is a person who is otherwise interested in zoomorphic people. By the last definition, I suppose you could call me a furry. I just love the visual variety a cast of zoomorphics can add to a story. And I will continue to insist on calling them zoomorphic, because they're not animal who look like people, they're people who look like animals. If you lived in the Twokinds universe and called them animals who look like people, you'd be a racist prick.
As for my connection to the culture, I think I have an odd, if perhaps not unusual relationship with furries. Two and a half years ago, Twokinds was my first encounter with such characters. Sonic the Hedgehog doesn't count. I had been reading Twokinds, and the comics it led me to, for several months before I saw "furry" used as a noun. I didn't know the stigma. As a result, I didn't even bat an eye when I saw two furries in bed with each other in early Las Lindas. Although, I may have been high out of my mind at the time, in which case I would have in fact laughed at it. Ah, the joys of the drugless high.
If I'm posting here, it is very likely that I'm in an altered state of mind. My common sense is a little shaky and my better judgement is out to lunch. I have no filters and I don't know what I'm doing. So just keep that in mind.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#94 Post by Ravenous222 »

This comic and forums are about as far into the fan dom as I've personally gotten. What do I think of the fan dom itself? I think do whatever the hell makes you happy, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I don't really see the appeal of the suits and what not but if that's your thing then own it. Way I figure it is everyone should be able to do whatever they want as long as no one is hurt in the process.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

furfan143

#95 Post by furfan143 »

most of the people here from what iv'e seen are into the clean anthro fandom i however am a part of the sexual aspects of the fandom
im a purfectly normal purson (sorry i just had to) and i'm not ashamed of it i don't feel weird about it and iv'e found that most of the people following my blog on it are in fact very nice and helpful so even the small percentile who are sexually attracted to anthro art are just as normal as the rest of the fandom. oh and by the way i wish to make it clear i am completely separate from the sexual aspects of the bronie culture and the sexual aspects of Pokemon to many people group that together. oh and lastly i don't actually dress up in fursuits at the moment but i'm open to anything

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#96 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

furfan143 wrote:most of the people here from what iv'e seen are into the clean anthro fandom i however am a part of the sexual aspects of the fandom
im a purfectly normal purson (sorry i just had to) and i'm not ashamed of it i don't feel weird about it and iv'e found that most of the people following my blog on it are in fact very nice and helpful so even the small percentile who are sexually attracted to anthro art are just as normal as the rest of the fandom. oh and by the way i wish to make it clear i am completely separate from the sexual aspects of the bronie culture and the sexual aspects of Pokemon to many people group that together. oh and lastly i don't actually dress up in fursuits at the moment but i'm open to anything
^This is perfect. Or should I say "purfect"?

In all actuality, I view those who are a part of the sexual aspects of the fandom as completely normal people. I mean, we all have our fetishes. Mine(and others) just happen to be zoomorphs.

But in all seriousness, Lady Palutena is the one true fetish, and everything else is wrong.[/joke]

Also, feel free to introduce yourself in the Newbie Board. We don't bite.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#97 Post by Lief »

I recently learned that some of my immediate family believe Furries to be fetishists who dress up in fur-suits and engage in 'stranger-sex' all the time. They're not wrong...

Not to say that all Furries are like that, of course. I wanted to object but it wasn't a conversation I felt like getting into, especially since I no longer consider myself part of the fandom. I found it amusing, honestly.

I'd still like to go to a con someday, though. Probably shouldn't tell them that.

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#98 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

I think most people take it way too seriously. I cannot respect any human being who unironically utters the words "fursecution."
VERY, GOOD

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#99 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

MeaCulpa, S.C.M. wrote:"fursecution."
Fusecution? Wait, like excution for furries? Man, some people see it damn hard. Sure, there might be a bunch of gay poeple that religion won't respect and much shemale art, but come on...
They have not seen the otherside of the Community yet. Last time I posted something noone were against me for what I thought. Reason, cus furry people are open to others and rather be open than say ''eh, have you read this article? it says diffrent so its false and what ever you say it wont change what i know''

Last few Days I thought of furdom as a religion of open and acceptable people that don't wan't Control people.
(dont take me wrong,I just know what happen when christianity were as biggest in europé in the 1100-1400th).

*I respect religion and have never thought wrong of it, but as they belive in a god, i can belive in what i want

Chris
Templar

#100 Post by Chris »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:
Fusecution? Wait, like excution for furries?
Persecution of furries.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#101 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Chris wrote:
Tesla Foxtrot wrote:
Persecution of furries.
*claps* why cant people stop that kind of [censored], oh wait! It have happen how far back in time, are we still like in 1000th?

Last time I had a history class i remember it was the age 2000

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#102 Post by Bellhead »

Chris wrote:
Tesla Foxtrot wrote:
Persecution of furries.
So more of a pursecution? :P

In all seriousness, beliefs are for the believer, regardless of the subject. Believe whatever you want, so long as you don't force it upon anyone else.
That said, I have respect for those who are devoted enough to believe in their god or gods to the day they die.
I respect your beliefs, even if I don't believe in them, and I feel that that is a point of view that should be spread.

This is one of the properties that I tend to like about the fandom. We are a devoted group of people who don't force our beliefs upon others, because we know that everyone is entitled to their own free mind.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#103 Post by Lief »

MeaCulpa, S.C.M. wrote:I think most people take it way too seriously. I cannot respect any human being who unironically utters the words "fursecution."
People like that actually exi- Oh wait, Tumblr. Nevermind.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#104 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Lief wrote:
MeaCulpa, S.C.M. wrote:I think most people take it way too seriously. I cannot respect any human being who unironically utters the words "fursecution."
4chan is like Salem

And the furries are witches
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#105 Post by Bellhead »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:
Lief wrote:
4chan is like Salem

And the furries are witches
More than you realize. From what I've learned, the "witches" were just girls who were running naked in the woods. Modern society just frowns on stuff like that, even when nobody is watching.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.