Myths and legends

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Damien203
Apprentice

Myths and legends

#1 Post by Damien203 »

So this is the first topic I´m making in the forum and I wanted it to be about an issue I like.
It is very simple: posting a myth or legend you heard or read about, it doesn´t matter from which folklore is it.

I´ll start with the legend of "Care", from the roman folklore.

Care was playing next to the river when he noticed a mud puddle, he took a bit of it and while Jupiter was watching he crafted a figure with it.
Jupiter please, give this mud figure the breath of life - Care said. Jupiter, with all his might, blew the figure and it came to life.
Now we should discuss his name, he will be called Jupiter, because I gave him life - said Jupiter.
No, his name will be Care, because I crafted him - Care complained.
Suddenly mother Earth interrupted: He will be called dirt, because he is my kin.
The dispute began and none could give him a name. Saturn decided to solve their problem.

Jupiter, when the figure dies his soul will come back to you, and that will be enough - Saturn announced.
Earth, when the figure dies his body will fertilize your kin, and that will be enough - Saturn declared
And for you, Care - Saturn said - You will protect this figure every day of his short life until he dies, that will be your task. For now on this figure´s name will be Human, after all he came from the "humus" - Saturn proclaimed.