How do we all Sound to You?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: How do we all Sound to You?

#16 Post by Schrodinger »

TinyVoices wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:wolfgirl207: Finn from Adventure Time.
But isn't she a girl and Finn a boy? Finn's voice actor is a guy as well....
Seasons 1 and 2 when the voice actor's voice hadn't deepened yet to be specific.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

DrakeArron
Citizen

#17 Post by DrakeArron »

TinyVoices wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:wolfgirl207: Finn from Adventure Time.
But isn't she a girl and Finn a boy? Finn's voice actor is a guy as well....
ticoun wrote:Tom's voice does not fit with his face.
It is merely his human form that doesn't quite match up.
Are you saying he has another form?
Oh wait, of course he does. Its his TRUE penultimate form, the one he takes in the comics. :P

As far as what people sound like, Im not sure. I dont think I've been here long enough to give anyone one. Though if I thought about it for a while, I could probably think of some.

Also, I find it interesting that when giving a voice, many of us attribute the same voice to the same person.
Okay, so I started a story feedback topic to help out a story I'd like to do. Sorry for the generic no detail post, but there isn't much I know about it right know XP. Feedback pls and stufz Linky- http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18317

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#18 Post by Him »

Schrodinger wrote:Him: Alternating naive and grumbly.
Eh, that's fair.
ticoun wrote:EvinNinjadude: you still sound like Pilot to me.
From Farscape? I can never un-hear that now. Which made me realize someone else's voice.

Schrodinger: Scorpius from Farescape.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#19 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Well, technically, his name's Scorpius, and I love it that I'm not the only one who remembers and, apparently, loves Farscape enough to remember names and voices from it.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#20 Post by Him »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Well, technically, his name's Scorpius, and I love it that I'm not the only one who remembers and, apparently, loves Farscape enough to remember names and voices from it.
I have made a grievous mistake. I must find a way to atone for it!

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#21 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Ticoun I've heard but can't quite remember so what I hear is laced with thick Canadian tones.
Evil sounds like a grumpy German
Stryder has this odd Alaskan accent to me but the problem there is I'm not sure it's quite right in the tone.
And I'd say to me alota other people have like the traditional YouTube commenter voice
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by Stryder221 »

Though I'm probably making it all up without rhyme or reason, here's my say.

Avwolf: Basically whatever Zen would sound like, I guess. I've never read the noir.
Yash: The booming, deep voice associated with a god of some kind. Or, more seriously, somewhat emotionless, and maybe even a little bored.
Mudpunisher: Slightly (Only slightly) high-pitched, somewhat excitable chattering. Prone to maniacal laughter.
Tom: Normal person with a semi-deep voice.
Wynni: What else is there to say? I see a kind southern lady.
Myperson: In short; Charles Snippy.

Anyone with less than 3 posts: High-pitched and squeaky.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#23 Post by TinyVoices »

MUDPUNISHER wrote:Ticoun I've heard but can't quite remember
I kinda want to hear what Ticoun sounds like. :P

For you, Mud, your real voice doesn't match up with the image of the little kid that joined the forum. I always imagined some excited, high pitched voice or a calm, semi-deep one. Your real voice, however, is a very solid, almost father like tone. I remember the first time I heard your voice, I was shocked. :grin:

I'm a little shocked to hear anyone's real voice, though.

Heh, talking about bored sounding people, though? I'd say that that is how Anonfox kind of sounds. Very relaxed, with a normal level of deepness to it. But either genuinely a little bored, or else trying to act like he's Cool McBored Guy. I translate that somewhat to the forum. :P

Wynni I don't, interestingly enough, read in a southern accent. She's more of a normal (I suppose Californian?) motherly tone. Kind of excited or else has a general pep to it. I think one reason for not being southern is just the way that I've seen her fight and argue on the forum. It doesn't sound like a happy helpful southern lady, so much as a mother who will love, but won't take any nonsense. I suppose the spoon is real. :P I don't see her lock threads and bash heads enough as a moderator, to give her a real moderator voice. Maybe almost like my aunt who was a police officer, though? She cared, she loved, she'd help you. But you wouldn't ever mess with her, or have made her cross.

Yash actually sounds normal to me. He's just a little no-nonsense as well. His job makes him have to act serious, but sometimes he can just be a regular guy. His forum moderator voice sounds about the same, just extremely annoyed and ready to hit some people over the head. :grin:

Avwolf doesn't sound noir to me. He's kind of a mix of normal confidence/robustness, and caringosity. He wants to be friends with people, he's interested in inspiring discussion, and he can stand his ground on his position. His forum moderator voice, whether he wants it to or not, sounds a little deeper and reprimanding. It's suppose to sound that way, I suppose, but it's more like a "what the hell are you people on? Go to bed." more than anything else.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#24 Post by Myperson54 »

Do I really sound like Snippy? Huh. It's a fitting voice, I suppose, but not one I expected to see here.

To me, Yash occasionally switches between the ever-so-snarky voice of power and a guiding teacher.

I already know Tom's voice, so now I just try to remember that when I read his posts. (Previously it was a generic 20-somethings voice)

Schrodinger's voice is interesting for me, because he only ever writes in blue, and I automatically associate that colour with a different voice than every other generic voice I create. I'm not sure how it's different though, because he shares a voice with Avwolf in my head. Probably because they both write long, insightful posts in the comic discussion threads. A good word to describe it might be "thoughtful" or "mature".

Ticoun I generally give a younger voice than usual, because I think we're relatively close in age, maybe? And then I remember sometimes he's French Canadian and I slip into a not-too-politically-correct accent for a minute. :P

Him is interesting, because like Shrodinger, I find his voice in my head slips between young and thoughtful, depending on the situation.

If I can think of any others, I'll try, but I think most other people I put into a rather generic voice. (I have maybe 20 very similar ones I use for different people, and I can't describe all the nuances between them.)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#25 Post by Schrodinger »

Myperson54 wrote:Schrodinger's voice is interesting for me, because he only ever writes in blue, and I automatically associate that colour with a different voice than every other generic voice I create. I'm not sure how it's different though, because he shares a voice with Avwolf in my head. Probably because they both write long, insightful posts in the comic discussion threads. A good word to describe it might be "thoughtful" or "mature".
I'm not nearly as verbose as avwolf.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#26 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

I've got a few!

Schro: Now, and I dunno why it's changed, you sound like you could be Shrek, but without the accent. So, pretty much a demonic construction made of flesh and pure evil.
Certified Jojo fan

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#27 Post by Schrodinger »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:I've got a few!

Schro: Now, and I dunno why it's changed, you sound like you could be Shrek, but without the accent. So, pretty much a demonic construction made of flesh and pure evil.
So like a sinister sausage? Ha ha alliteration.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#28 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Pretty much, yes.
Certified Jojo fan

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#29 Post by Twippit »

TinyVoices wrote:For you, Mud, your real voice doesn't match up with the image of the little kid that joined the forum. I always imagined some excited, high pitched voice or a calm, semi-deep one. Your real voice, however, is a very solid, almost father like tone. I remember the first time I heard your voice, I was shocked. :grin:

I'm a little shocked to hear anyone's real voice, though.
Wait, Mud's got a fatherly voice? Damn, I'll never be able to unhear that. You say his voice is floating around here somewhere?

I always pictured Mud's voice as very similar to one of my irl pals who has a similar playstyle in RPs.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#30 Post by TinyVoices »

Twippit wrote:You say his voice is floating around here somewhere?
That I know of, not on the forum. I've only ever heard his voice during the two or three skype calls that we've exchanged.