How do we all Sound to You?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

How do we all Sound to You?

#1 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

This thread is a thread. It exists for you to tell me and various others how we sound to you, or what voices you imagine us having. I'll put down a basic format of most popular (I think) people on the forums and also myself, because why not? Here's that:

InceptionBwaaa:

Yash:

Tom:

Wynni:

avwolf:

TinyVoices:

ticoun:

ajwilli1:

AzeNaku:

Well, there ya go. Feel free to add or remove any names you want, and if you ever change your mind, come on back and make a new one. Here's mine:

Yash: to me, a robot with a sort of an English accent; think Cleverbot

Tom: a sort of average voice; the kind you'd hear at Target.

Wynni: naturally, the Forum Momma sounds either Jamaican or like a middle-aged lady from New Orleans. It shifts at times.

avwolf: kind of how I imagine Zen talks; a kind of cool-ish voice with a higher tone to it

TinyVoices: only because I (kinda) know him, he sounds like Pennywise the clown. Fear this guy.

ticoun: kind of the same as avwolf, but with a deeper tone. Not much to say there.

ajwilli1: he sounds a bit like a manlier, grown-up Spongebob.

AzeNaku: he sounds like the kind of guy who you expect to crack a joke about everything; he is the Prince of Puns, after all.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: How do we all Sound to You?

#2 Post by Him »

I'll admit it, I laughed a bit.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#3 Post by TinyVoices »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:TinyVoices: only because I (kinda) know him, he sounds like Pennywise the clown. Fear this guy.
Hiya Georgie!

Actually, I have an ironically tiny voice. I thought I had a normal, moderately deep voice. That is, before I heard a recording of myself. You generally can't really hear me very well, as I tend to mutter so softly. Really embarrassing revelation, actually. :oops:

Tom actually sounds like a fairly normal guy. Not so sure about Target, though. Some weird people at Target. S:P

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

To me, Tom doesn't sound like he actually does. And believe me, I did see that old Markiplier video where they played that game about traps n' [censored]. I know what he really sounds like, but to me, with text, it's different. Also, you both forgot to contribute. C'man!
Certified Jojo fan

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#5 Post by Him »

Oh well, I'll play your game...

InceptionBwaaa: Boisterous.

Yash: Sovereign from Mass Effect, except he maybe has one more tone...

Wynni: Southern.

TinyVoices: Mumbles a lot.

That's all I've got so far.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#6 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Himmers wrote:InceptionBwaaa: Boisterous.
Pffhahahaha! That's great. Thanks, though. It was quite accurate, except for the "boisterous" part. I sound more like Liam Neeson mixed with Mark Wahlberg. No, seriously. Ask my friend Charles. He's the one who said it.
Certified Jojo fan

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#7 Post by Twippit »

Gah! I didn't make the list!

...just kidding. S:P But really now, this is an interesting topic. I'll bite.

InceptionBwaaa: You sound really high pitched and young to me, though that is pretty heavily coloured by your recent posts in the LMP thread.

Yash: Yash has always sounded a bit... Like a parent repremanding their child. Of course, this may be because he almost only posts when he's locking, but still. I often enjoy his wit and humor, making the reading of locked threads quite the pastime.

Tom: ...I'm unsure, he doesn't really have a voice to me -but I'll probably read all his stuff in his voice once I click Tiny's link up there...

Wynni: Oh man, she is a southern belle through and through. You can't read Wynni's stuff without feeling that warm southern hospitality dripping through the screen. Ugh, love her to death!

avwolf: Av's forever ingrained in me the impression that his voice is that of a slick gumshoe straight outta the radio dramas of the 30's and 40's, thanks to his forum noir.

The folks who don't really have a "voice" to me, I've left off. To add a few of my own:

Himmy: At first it was a high-pitched squeak that I apply to all newbies, but after about a month I forgot about it until we all saw dat beard doe ...and now I can't help but imagine a deep, throaty voice.

Lief: I imagine a real bored, disinterested voice saying everything you write. You just seem incredibly chill about yourself.

MyPerson: You've got a strong canadian accent, at which I secretly giggle at from atop my glorious eagle which all Americans are given from birth.

Amoeba: Sorry man. You've got a Texas drawl to me.

...I think that's everybody.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#8 Post by Him »

Twippit wrote:Himmy: At first it was a high-pitched squeak that I apply to all newbies, but after about a month I forgot about it until we all saw dat beard doe ...and now I can't help but imagine a deep, throaty voice.
I've never had anybody think that I had squeaky voice before. Good to know.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by TinyVoices »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Also, you both forgot to contribute. C'man!
This could get real regrettable real quick if you keep that up. :|

Kay. For me, I try to imagine people's voice up until I hear their voice. Then until I forget what they actually sound like, I use their real voice on the forum. I know what a few forumites sound like IRL. Do I try to apply that where possible? You betcha. Otherwise, I improvise. So, me posting links to what people sound like IRL is indeed me contributing, along with perhaps replying to what I actually sound like.

Most people's text-based voice is kind of... indiscernible to me. They all sound roughly the same, and aren't that obvious to a point that I can describe them well. Unless you make yourself stand out, that is. Perhaps that is why it is a good thing I try to use IRL voices where manageable.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

Okay I'll play along.

Yash: To me sounds like a strict older brother almost with a military tone.

Tom: Since I've heard him enough times I know what kind of cadence and tone he has.

Wyinni: Doting Southern parent. As if there would be any other interpretation.

avwolf: A slightly higher pitched voice pulled to the back of the throat with a noir affect.

SirSlaughter: A drama student I knew in highschool.

Butterball: A midwestern accent just leaks into my mind.

AzeNaku: Puts the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble.

Him: Alternating naive and grumbly.

wolfgirl207: Finn from Adventure Time.

I can't think of anyone else in particular at the moment since I tend to give everyone a flat or muted voice in my mind.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Glad to see a bunch of people see this. Wow, that was really redundant. Why did I say it like that? Maybe 'cuz its eleven o'clock and I'm sunburnt and tired. That comes with the whole pale skin, orange hair, blue eyes thing. We Gingerians, for some damn reason, never developed a resistance to sunburn. Or any kind of burn, for that matter. Most think that we would have an inherant resistance to heat, but most are wrong. It's actually the cold that doesn't bother us anyway. *slap* Okay, okay, I won't make Frozen puns anymore! But yeah, icy cold wind is a nice breeze for me. That's pretty much the only other truth in this post besides my being sunburnt and tired. I'm like sleepy bacon.
Certified Jojo fan

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Wow. You guys all seem to have some sort of connection between text and voice. I don't associate users with voices, unless it's on skype, and I know what they actually look/sound like. I do attach personalities to people, but not voices. It's definitely interesting to read this, though.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica

#13 Post by DariusL »

I'll put a few now, but will post again when I have more time.

Yash: Yash doesn't have a voice, as he speaks through his mind via telepathy.

Myperson54: you inherited of the same voice I give to Charles Snippy.

EvinNinjadude: you still sound like Pilot to me.

Avwolf: he's got that gravelly voice of the though detective from a '40s Noir novel.

Tom: having heard his voice many times, Tom's voice does not fit with his face.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by EvilNinjadude »

ticoun wrote:EvilNinjadude: you still sound like Pilot to me.
Hah, that's my fault. I remember.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by TinyVoices »

Schrodinger wrote:wolfgirl207: Finn from Adventure Time.
But isn't she a girl and Finn a boy? Finn's voice actor is a guy as well....
ticoun wrote:Tom's voice does not fit with his face.
It is merely his human form that doesn't quite match up.