Would you support a geneticly made anthropomorphic animal?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: Would you support a geneticly made anthropomorphic anima

#61 Post by The Rookie »

Two part answer

No, I would not support this kind of genetic manipulation of an animal, simply because it raise so many potential future problems, both politically and physically.

Politically: Because they would almost certainly be second grade citizens, and likely considered lesser beings by most members of society. Honestly, we still have people being murdered for being from a different clan, race or religion, I don't even want to think about how many would rally behind an anti Antro banner simply for existing.

Physically: There is no way of telling how disease, aging or how the psychological aspects would affect this 'New species' without decades of observation and study, assuming that subjects would live that long. Its entirely possible that there could have rampant cases of schizophrenia, depression or other any number of mental disorders once subjects reach the age of say 20, but until that point they seem relatively fine, or maybe they'll suffer significant genetic mutations 2 or 3 generations later with offspring having high chances of being born with disorders like Down syndrome or dwarfism. There are too many uncertainties and it seems like there would be a lot of unnecessary suffering with only a small amount scientific achievements.

With all that said, I would still support the genetic manipulation of a willing consenting human being.

While it would likely be purely cosmetic and have a host of limitations, but it would allow certain individuals the ability to express who they identify themselves as, kind of like how some trans people have operations and hormone therapies to match the gender they identify as (No offence intended).
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Wolfgang penguin
New Citizen

#62 Post by Wolfgang penguin »

I would be behide it all the way furry to the end :heart:
"Spartans never die"

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#63 Post by avwolf »

Please don't necropost, Wolfgang penguin. The thread has been inactive for longer than a month, and while we appreciate your opinion on the matter, you aren't posting anything that'd breathe new life into the discussion. Necroposting is against forum policy.

Topic Locked