Thinking about colleges

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

seanmcchapman
Traveler

Thinking about colleges

#1 Post by seanmcchapman »

:wink: Sean Allen Chapman here... New user here and not often on and I'm a senior without a clue of a future... :( I love to draw but I have nothing coming from it, but I mainly want to be an animator... :shock:

I have no real taught experience and i have no help from anyone in my life so far... Ideas!... please.

Feel free to just talk with me if you want... i have no idea of what to do with this forum yet so ill wait it with this topic.
Favorite Character: :keith:
My Team at Gray-ink.comImage
My ART http://seanmcchapman.deviantart.com/

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Re: Thinking about colleges

#2 Post by jacobc62 »

Personal bias tells me to tell you to go to Universal Technical Institute, but that's for car guys. My secondary impulse is to tell you to go to the Art Institute, but I've heard really bad rumors about that school.

Now of course you can go anywhere else, but I wouldn't know beyond what i've said.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

mycatiscrazy
Merchant

#3 Post by mycatiscrazy »

I agree with Jacobs second idea.
Also, Yash will probably consider this a spam thread, just to warn you.
"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman

Rekats Rovert
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Rekats Rovert »

Although I can see a good market for animators, make sure you know what you're getting into. I've heard a lot of stories of folks that went into "creative" majors and couldn't get a job. I don't know, but it sounds like a competitive field.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by SirSlaughter »

I wouldn't say this is a spam thread but seeing as he wants to do something with art, he probably could have put this in the drawing board.
Also while I am here: http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=728

This is a great start. It may or may not have what you need for animation, but you should talk to Bond as he has some animation skill.
Now if you meant 3D animation...Well I'm useless.

I would start with google, then work your way from there. Check your closest college and ask there. A lot of times due to not havng the right major or programs they will typically lead you to a school that has what you need. Also, there are always advertisements on TV and the internet all about different 3D animation schools you can go to, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Yash
Administrator

#6 Post by Yash »

SirSlaughter wrote:I wouldn't say this is a spam thread
Nope.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie